Author Topic: The Best of Circusplanet 2005  (Read 22214 times)

Martijn

The Best of Circusplanet 2005
« on: December 04, 2005, 12:04:52 am »
Hello everybody!

Circusplanet is a crew of 5 good friends which manage to take care of a Dutch/Belgian website  (www.circusplanet.net) about juggling, diabolo, devilstick, ballspinning, unicycle and balance. Each one has his own favourite prop. This year, we made a video together called 'The Best of Circusplanet 2005'.

I (Martijn) edited the video, with the help of my friend Pieter Jansen (aka g0t). We used the programm Sony Vegas 6, and compressed the avi file with the DivX 6 codec (Go to www.divx.com if you don't have the newest player yet).

So sit back, relax and enjoy our video! We'd love to read your comments, cause we put a lot of work in it!

Direct download
http://circusplanet.net/video/circusplanet2005.avi (97 MB)

Streaming

Juggling.tv - The Best of Circusplanet 2005
http://juggletube.com/mediadetails.php?key=dc5d013b1abaebd2faed
download Made in Taiwan at www.arjangroenendijk.nl

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2005, 12:14:03 am »
very nice tijn, and nice editing too.
Behind your back is your front.

Arjan

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2005, 12:26:58 am »
Nice work!

J_J777

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2005, 12:49:11 am »
loved it!  It was great!  The angles of the video camera was really cool and none of the stuff was repetitive.  Great choice of music too!  Hope my next vid is half as good XD

Punkerpanda

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2005, 01:04:10 am »
I loved it!
the editing was amazing. what program did you use?

that video represented so well how awesome you guys are, bravo!

J_J777

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2005, 02:35:38 am »
Martijn: We used the programm Sony Vegas 6, and compressed the avi file with the DivX 6 codec

nice to know you read that post so throughly  :)

Punkerpanda

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2005, 03:45:35 am »
oops, hehe. i was too obsessed that circusplanet released a new video to read the post. my bad, sorry

Matt_

• Donator
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2005, 06:35:34 am »
great video with impressive content, it looks great (using Divx...i could only love you more if it were xvid), and the music sucks :P

as always martijn, i have no idea how to say your name, but that doesn't stop me from being impressed. you're a great diabolist, i look forward to the next video already ;)

Dracodragon

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2005, 06:56:41 am »
K, well it took me about 2 hours to download, but I finally was able to watch it. And it was great! Awesome job at making this, you all have some great skills Circusplanet crew. I think it is one of the best videos I watched that was released this year(although there were some other aweome videos here)
Go Draco with your Diabolo!
http://frogfighters.com/godraco/

fredo

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2005, 10:17:35 am »
Respect!!! One of the best vids i've ever seen!!! :shock:

Respect to all jugglers!!! Especially to that devilstick man!!!

And very nice editing :D

norbi

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2005, 11:04:13 am »
Well that was awesome. Really nice use of camera angles, locations, edits, music, tricks, everything! Just a great video.

Highlights for me included
-the opening credits (the black and white, with names. coool)
-the 2 6 ball flash shadows
-the reversed double ball spin clip (you had me confused at first [although only for about a second])
-Janklaas's stupid balance of everything put together
-i really liked how you timed the 'ready, steady, go!' after the credits. I think very few people would have had the idea, or patience, to do that.
-and strangly i really liked the empty swing at the end, that was genious.

As you can see, it appears my highlights were mainly editing things (which is good, because i think that is what makes a good video) but ofcourse i loved all the tricks aswell, very cool.

I dunno what more to say, just a brilliant vid.

James

« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2005, 12:23:19 pm »
I downloaded the high quality version and the DivX player just to view it, but for some reason no matter what I try it always goes back to the beginning at 8:27.  I tried restarting, dragging the bar past etc., but it never lets me get past.  Anyone know why?

But the bit i saw was great  :D
Step 1 - Download mIRC (http://www.mirc.com)
Step 2 - Connect to server irc.quakenet.org
Step 3 - Join channel #diabolo.ca

Martijn

« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2005, 01:04:06 pm »
Thanks you guys! Really appreciated, great to read your comments (especially Norbi's :))

I found DivX 6 a bit better than XviD Matt, are you having trouble with DivX? It's 'Mart-ain' pronounced in English btw :P

Quote from: James
I downloaded the high quality version and the DivX player just to view it, but for some reason no matter what I try it always goes back to the beginning at 8:27.  I tried restarting, dragging the bar past etc., but it never lets me get past.  Anyone know why?

No I'm sorry but I don't know. :( Maybe something went wrong while downloading. Feel free to download again, and see if it works. If not, try the mpg version...

Thanks again!

fredo

« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2005, 01:43:10 pm »
yeah norbi is right, there are bettere jugglers, of course, but it's one of my favourite vids now, due to the editing!!!

I know it's kinda sadistic, but never laughed so much as about that devilstick drop in the end :lol:  sry guy if you read this...

Martijn

« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2005, 02:00:05 pm »
Ah no problem man, we also were laughing a lot, and screaming: blooper!! :P I was the one who threw the devilstick by the way... :P We had lots of fun shooting all of this!

eggy900

« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2005, 02:18:23 pm »
very nice video, good stuff!!

Ceri-Anne

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2005, 02:21:35 pm »
I really loved watching it. Great work! Thanks Martijn and the rest of the CP team. It's great. :D

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2005, 03:03:45 pm »
Quote from: Martijn
I found DivX 6 a bit better than XviD Matt, are you having trouble with DivX?
Well, previously (with DivX 5 versions at least) XviD was considered to have better compression... and best of all XviD is open source. But from what I've read, DivX 6 is a big step up, so it might very well be better than XviD right now, and as you've done, the most important part to getting good compression is trial and error. Open source still has a nice feeling to it though.

Anyway...

Great video! Behold the power of non-Windows Movie Maker editing!! Excellent editing (that must have taken ages to work out!), some quality video shots, along with some highly technical and creative juggling. A pleasure to watch!

Sean

seán_

« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2005, 03:19:39 pm »
Thanks Martijn, I enjoyed watching that. Very well edited and great to see multiprops.

RoB

« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2005, 03:29:09 pm »
Thanks for the comments everybody. We had fun making this video. Martijn and also Pieter did a great editting job.

I know it's kinda sadistic, but never laughed so much as about that devilstick drop in the end  sry guy if you read this...

LOL, no problem. They say that laughing is healthy. I guess you meant the backroll with the devilstick. That, in fact, is not healthy.  :P

g0t

« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2005, 03:49:34 pm »
hehe, great to see so much enthusiasm. :)
Vegas Video6 For the win :D . Good to see u guys like the editing, it all worked out pretty well after all. Btw RoB (and rest of cp), I really liked the time i spend editing with martijn on the vid :).
Cool vid

Greets Pieter

norbi

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2005, 06:23:07 pm »
Quote from: fredo
yeah norbi is right, there are bettere jugglers, of course...

HEY! I did not say that! The juggling was ace. I loved everything about it. But, as someone that loves playing around with editing, i really appreciate when someone has gone to the effort of editing a video nicely instead of just throwing some tricks on a video with some music.

Don't put words in my mouth.

fildas

« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2005, 06:37:45 pm »
wow,good job all circusplanet(team).
.....sorry, my english is not good.....

Martijn

« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2005, 07:38:53 pm »
Yeah Norbi, yo go girl!

No seriously, Norbi didn't said that, he only said he was pointing out mainly editing-highlights. Thanks for all your kind words N.

fredo

« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2005, 09:03:36 pm »
Sry that's a misunderstanding :D : I wanted to agree norbis praise!!!
I should have written it in two sentences:

Norbi is right.

Of course, there are better jugglers...

(And that's right, but for me the real goal of juggling is having fun :D ,not to be the best 8) )

frank0072

« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2005, 11:44:08 pm »
This really is the most amazing juggle-video I have seen so far. The camera-angles, the music, the effects, the locations, even the end with the empty swing; just everything is amazing.
Martijn, you and the other CP-members have done a great job here, I am so very impressed  :shock:
(we should have those worship-emoticons, they are the only ones that give a good reflection on the only possible reaction)

srry 4 the bad english this evening, hope u understand...
some people think they are better because they can do something better

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Matt_

• Donator
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2005, 04:49:59 am »
I found DivX 6 a bit better than XviD Matt, are you having trouble with DivX? It's 'Mart-ain' pronounced in English btw :P

hmm, well actually Divx 6 probably is better than xvid. well if you want to get really leet, go for H264 :twisted: i like xvid mainly because of what sean pointed out, it's free and open source :)

and is the "ain" like the same as "train"? excellent excellent...thanks

frank0072

« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2005, 07:37:46 am »
Quote from: Matt_

and is the "ain" like the same as "train"? excellent excellent...thanks

"ain" in Martijn sounds slightly different then (tr)ain, but it's a very small one. I can't think of a word that comes closer.

(For the language-freaks here:)

YES! I have found a thingie that speaks out the 'ij' in Martijn like it is supposed to, so now we have the problem solved :p

http://www.dutchtrav.com/pg/sounds/pron/ij.wav
some people think they are better because they can do something better

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

norbi

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2005, 10:25:05 am »
It's pronounced Mar-tyne

Another useful one is Are-Yon (Arjan)

Martijn

« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2005, 02:02:07 pm »
Yeah, what Norbi said. Back to the video now :wink:

Quote from: Matt_
hmm, well actually Divx 6 probably is better than xvid. well if you want to get really leet, go for H264 :twisted: i like xvid mainly because of what sean pointed out, it's free and open source :)

Yes, I was planning to make a 2nd version, with the mp4 extension. I really like the quality/filesize of that. Unfortunately I don't know how to use it... I probably can google on it, but I'm not very motivated at this point :P

Valium

• Donator
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2005, 03:32:24 pm »
awesome editing, very nice juggling, only the music wasnt the best ;)

Rîkû

« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2005, 03:53:19 pm »
That was great video! Veeery nice!

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2005, 09:01:16 pm »
After watching it again I stumbled on a mistake. In the credits you credited puddle of mudd-here comes the boom for one song when it is actualy Boom by P.O.D.
Behind your back is your front.

g0t

« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2005, 09:12:03 pm »
Quote from: guppygould
After watching it again I stumbled on a mistake. In the credits you credited puddle of mudd-here comes the boom for one song when it is actualy Boom by P.O.D.

Yea we know, but at the time we found out. we already rendered etc. so we didnt feel like changing that after all that was done

greets Pieter

Martijn

« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2005, 09:13:54 pm »
Actually, it already was online when someone at Jongle.net noticed... Sorry for the mistake.

Chiok

• Donator
« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2005, 09:59:30 pm »
That was a super edited video.  I love watching videos like that, the tricks might not always have to be awesome, but some well thought out positioning, location and editing makes it all the better.  I quite liked the music, and was gonna point out the above in a roundabout way but no big deal, hardly takes away from an enjoyable movie.

Oh, and that devilstick in the crotch, I really felt that.  Hope you had some good fortune to balance that out RoB.

Chiok
(who should get on organising a movie)
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills

RoB

« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2005, 11:31:06 pm »
What a coïncidence. I really felt that too.  :D

Chiok

• Donator
« Reply #37 on: December 07, 2005, 09:16:05 pm »
I've just noticed, for that short night time session with the glow diabolos, they appear to change colour.  What light kits are these?  Are they the Rainbow ones that people were talking about?  They look quite bright and super.

Chiok
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills

Martijn

« Reply #38 on: December 07, 2005, 09:28:38 pm »
Quote from: Chiok
I've just noticed, for that short night time session with the glow diabolos, they appear to change colour.  What light kits are these?  Are they the Rainbow ones that people were talking about?  They look quite bright and super.

Yeap, you named them just right. They're Pieter's rainbow LEDs. They fade and 'blink' from red to blue to green. Although red and blue seem to be the only colours on video. Correct me if I'm wrong Pieter.

Punkerpanda

« Reply #39 on: December 07, 2005, 09:46:12 pm »
speaking of the light kits. i just used them today in my show. also, i've found a very easy way to make your sticks glow. i just made taped 9 1.5 inch glow sticks to my stick. 3 in a row, and 3 rows so that all sides are illuminated.

this leaves the tip still fairly open to allow 2 diabolo corrections(it does need a little bit of adjustment, but not much). it works really well. just thought i'd share that. and yes, the blinking lights are awesome. i noticed something today. a totally modded out finesse is about $80. 40-diabolo, 30-light kits, 10-wide axle.

Squiggle

« Reply #40 on: December 09, 2005, 06:49:44 am »
wicked video!!!

I loved how you introduced each person it was great and the whole thing was wicked.

What video editing sofwear did you use?

g0t

« Reply #41 on: December 09, 2005, 08:56:26 am »
Quote from: squiggle
wicked video!!!

I loved how you introduced each person it was great and the whole thing was wicked.

What video editing sofwear did you use?

Look @ the credits  :wink:  but we used vegas video6

Martijn

Re: The Best of Circusplanet 2005
« Reply #42 on: December 09, 2005, 09:39:07 am »
Yes, thanks for reading my post :wink:

I (Martijn) edited the video, with the help of my friend Pieter Jansen (aka g0t). We used the programm Sony Vegas 6

Squiggle

« Reply #43 on: December 09, 2005, 10:33:42 am »
sorry  :oops:

I had read the post but it was a while ago and i forgot.

Im sorry i didnt check before making the post  :(

-noitbacarts-

« Reply #44 on: December 18, 2005, 07:37:20 pm »
Really nice video Martijn ! I appreciate the editing (i think that was a lot of work !), the variety of locations and the quality (happy to see that you used divx6 as i advised you). The only thing i didn't like is the music.