Author Topic: New Henrys axles  (Read 38588 times)

Scooby

New Henrys axles
« Reply #100 on: April 13, 2006, 05:17:37 am »
argh, that doesnt sound good..

has anyone baught the extended axel tuning kit?

thats what im getting, but before i do- i dont want to run the risk of getting really bad axels for my diabolos and paying heaps for them.

Thankyou.
------------------------------------------------
ALL YOUR DIABOLO ARE BELONG TO US!!!
------------------------------------------------

tommi

• VotW Contributor
New Henrys axles
« Reply #101 on: April 13, 2006, 12:46:30 pm »
@Scooby: You mean the twist set, right? My cousin bought that one just couple a days ago. But he only wanted the plastic hubs so he used the old bolt and old axle. (The set with normal axle is the same price so he kinda got the extended axle for free..) Anyways I'm seeing him on sunday and I relly wish to try henrys with extended axle.

@Sean: I pretty similiar problems with my allround sets, I couldn't get the cups tight enough. I dont know ih the bolt was too long, but I felt the problem was the small black washers. Even that they are bit thicker than the originals, they are so goddamn soft that tightening felt imposible. Now I use the stock small washers, and they work nicely.

fredo

New Henrys axles
« Reply #102 on: April 13, 2006, 04:16:03 pm »
I ordered two sets of Ultralight kits, too and will post when I've got them... Doesn't sound good, though...Hope I won't have problems

JC

• Donator
New Henrys axles
« Reply #103 on: April 13, 2006, 04:36:13 pm »
@sean

This was a very good explanation,
but I didn´t know before that the yoyo-manufacturers
more concerned this fact than the diabolo-manufacturers.
www.diabolonet.de - email to: diabolo-kits@web.de
MONOBOLOS, Henrys Circus, Vision and MB Finesse with round shaped axles

Chiok

• Donator
New Henrys axles
« Reply #104 on: April 13, 2006, 11:10:32 pm »
I meant to say something about this before, with the tuning kits.  Even though it makes the diabolo lighter, you still get the same spin since the more weight is at the rims than at the centre just like Sean explained.

Yoyos need the extra spin because they weigh next to nothing so heavy rims are a neccesity, diabolos not so much.  But it's still a good trait to have.

Of course I like the extra weight because hovers are easier and everything just has a bit more oomph to it than with Finesses.  

Chiok
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills

Matt_

• Donator
New Henrys axles
« Reply #105 on: April 13, 2006, 11:14:09 pm »
yeah, but lightweight hubs combined with the Henry's cups is a dynamic duo...if only i could find Finesse style wide hubs* for my Henry's.

*what i mean by that might not be so obvious at first. go to your stock Henry's and compare it to a stock G2. the finesse doesnt have wide hubs, but they are wider than a Henry's. if i could have an ultralight kit for henry's wit that type of hubs i'd probably switch back to circuses for good.....

fredo

New Henrys axles
« Reply #106 on: April 27, 2006, 03:18:49 pm »
OK, I forgot that I wanted to reply :P , but it's the same here: i can't tighten the nuts and the diabolo unscrews after a while...So I'll have to make the bolts a bit shorter :roll:  Crazy anyway...

uiek

New Henrys axles
« Reply #107 on: April 28, 2006, 11:00:11 pm »
I had the same problem and I exchanged small washer to an ariginal metal one. But my axle has been modified my me :D Now I have something I call Diabolo MUTANT ;)

mango

New Henrys axles
« Reply #108 on: September 04, 2006, 12:27:01 am »
will the circus with ultralight tuning kit "turn" when doing wrap accelerations ?

JC

• Donator
New Henrys axles
« Reply #109 on: September 04, 2006, 04:50:25 pm »
If you do the wrapped accelerations in the right way it works,
there is no difference between light axes like my own axe or Henrys and the old metal axe.
Additional I think with wide axes it is easier to do.
www.diabolonet.de - email to: diabolo-kits@web.de
MONOBOLOS, Henrys Circus, Vision and MB Finesse with round shaped axles

Drumbody

Re: New Henrys axles
« Reply #110 on: January 11, 2007, 11:11:57 pm »
Can i ask if anyone has bought the wide axle version. And what do they think of it? In terms of control, stability and finger grinding etc. Because i'm stuck between the "Ultra leicht" kits or the henry's wide axle. Which is the overall best those who have bought them.
All we need is The Funk.

Chiok

• Donator
« Reply #111 on: January 12, 2007, 12:26:43 am »
Ultra Leicht kits don't have a wide axle, just wider hubs (except he's made regular width kits now which look awesome) and the wide axle is exactly that like the Finesse Evo1.  I would personally go with the Ultra Leicht because the increase in performance you'll receive from having more space around the axle is much better than having more axle.

Better to have wider hubs than a wider axle in my opinion.

Chiok
(who loves the Gear section)
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills

Matt D

« Reply #112 on: January 12, 2007, 04:57:03 am »
I got the Wide Axsle and it is great.The hubs are good and the axle is really good. Due to the wider axle you would think it is harder to control but it isnt! It is really good and easy to do finger grinds on, and is all around a good diabolo.

Drumbody

« Reply #113 on: January 12, 2007, 07:54:11 am »
That's all good but whats the finger grinding like on the ultra-leicht?
All we need is The Funk.

Matt_

• Donator
« Reply #114 on: January 12, 2007, 10:15:37 am »
It's very easy and very smooth.