Author Topic: New Henrys axles  (Read 40658 times)

Chiok

• Donator
New Henrys axles
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2005, 12:57:11 pm »
The axles are aluminium I believe, what grade I don't know.  As for the hubs (which i think you mean) I believe they call it POM, which is polyacetal in other places.  Check the RS catalogue for it I think.  If you read the other thread on MB handsticks, you'll know that manufacturers aren't big fans of letting people know what materials things are made of.

Anyway, support your fellow juggling equipment manufacturer!

Chiok
(I'm probably one of the last people to say that)
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills

Flo

New Henrys axles
« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2005, 12:57:43 pm »
I think it's teflon
German Diabolo Forum: http://www.diabolotreff.de/

Sean

• Administrator
New Henrys axles
« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2005, 01:57:02 pm »
Quote from: sparx
I think it's teflon

Teflon is just a brand name (by Dupont) for a similar plastic made by to that which seems to be used by the hub manufacturers. I'm not sure any of the manufacturers technically use teflon. Bit of a misnomer, eh?

JC

• Donator
New Henrys axles
« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2005, 06:10:31 pm »
I use POM for my kits,
Henry use POM,
acrobat use POM,
4erlei use Teflon

Polyoxymethylen/Polyacetal = POM
www.diabolonet.de - email to: diabolo-kits@web.de
MONOBOLOS, Henrys Circus, Vision and MB Finesse with round shaped axles

Chiok

• Donator
New Henrys axles
« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2005, 07:50:18 pm »
Ah, that's what it stands for.  I always knew POM as polyacetal, but never saw how that related to POM in anyway.  Now I know, thanks!

The technical name for Teflon is PolyTetraFlouroEthylene or PTFE.  Normally comes in virgin (pure) or 25% glass filled for extra strength.  Commonly used for seals and low friction applications.  Has the lowest coefficient of friction of any solid material (about 0.05).

And there you go, and thanks JC for letting us know what material people use.

Chiok

JC

• Donator
New Henrys axles
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2005, 08:38:13 pm »
I don´t like the teflon,
on one side because it is heavier
than POM (1,52g/cm³ - 1,39g/cm³)
and on the other it is
FCKW

and FCKW destroyes the atmosphere.

Arjan

New Henrys axles
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2005, 10:15:06 pm »
Quote from: JC
I don´t like the teflon,
on one side because it is heavier
than POM (1,52g/cm³ - 1,39g/cm³)
and on the other it is
FCKW

and FCKW destroyes the atmosphere.

I am sorry to say, but us diabolist boycotting FCKW hubs will not help a lot saving the planet. It`s not like we set our hubs on fire.

Although I agree on your idealism, don`t forget realism.

Isn`t POM stronger than the teflon? Correct me if I`m wrong, but that would be a good reason.

JC

• Donator
New Henrys axles
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2005, 11:02:13 pm »
Please do not misunderstood me,
I want not to say that diaboloists should boycotting other hubs.

It is only my own feeling against it.

frank0072

New Henrys axles
« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2005, 01:05:49 am »
I was talking about the axles, and about the tips of the sticks, because they tend to dent (if that's the word), there should be material that isn't so soft that it gets rough edges when it collides with stone, concrete or any stuff what streets are made off...
some people think they are better because they can do something better

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Martijn

New Henrys axles
« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2005, 12:48:07 pm »
Well, I'd go fot that teflon/POM stuff as top cones, they are not as rough and sharp as alumium for the string. Good luck on that...
download Made in Taiwan at www.arjangroenendijk.nl

maxticket

New Henrys axles
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2006, 06:31:18 am »
This is probably an old thread, but I rarely ever visit these forums.

According to the FireToys site, for many of these axles, you still use your own roller (the beveled piece), so that gap you see, that's because they don't include the roller in the kit, but there won't be a gap when it's all installed.

Matt Hall gave sent me to a custom axle guy in Germany, but that guy never got back to me, so I'm in the market for a couple of these axles. And I can't figure out which user Matt Hall is on these boards (if he's on them at all), so does anybody know which of these new Henrys axles are most similar to his custom axles? I believe they were quite a bit longer, like twice as long as the Twist set. I just want to make sure I get a decent axle for the money I'm gonna shell out--which, by the way, is all student loan money. Oh, silly grad students.

Matt_

• Donator
New Henrys axles
« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2006, 07:56:02 am »
are you talking about 4erlei, or JC? 4erlei are the ones that he's been using since 2003, they are straight-angled and white, and the JC ones are rounded, black, and they are newer. i've used them both and the 4erlei kit is the one i prefer, however the JC kit lets you do finger grinds very easily (and i think its lighter) so that is personal preference.

anywho, i just bought these hubs and i am anxiously awaiting delivery. as far as i know, these are as close as you can get to the fabled 4erlei hubs (wider, plastic, etc). the main thing here is the width--if you want severe weight reduction, get the ultralight or the twist, or JC's set (in beautiful black, no less).

oh yeah, his username is Matt. just Matt. there are many matts (yeah even me) but he is the king of all Matts on this message board...ok I totally made that up.

PS. about the student loan money...back when i was in high school (not that long ago), my english teacher told me to get a big student loan, and go to Europe with that money. i suppose buying diabolo stuff is a worthy cause too. you dont need that money for school...  :roll:

Chiok

• Donator
New Henrys axles
« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2006, 09:33:21 am »
Matt Hall has tried the JC Ultra-Leicht kit and I was led to believe he really liked them.  Though I do now remember that his hubs are white and JC isn't in the market for white hubs just yet.  The black is a nice touch I think, a good contrast to most diabolos.

I'm gonna look for some, at some time.  Think I might like a lil reduction in weight, but I'm not sure.  I'm still happy with the bog standard metal hubs on my circuses, they're doing fine, barring any hard knocks.

Chiok

tommi

• VotW Contributor
New Henrys axles
« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2006, 09:56:25 am »
I dont know about 4erlei or JC kits but I own two Henry's  Allround sets and there sure is the gap. But it's not a problem at all, the string actually tangled more often with stock hubs. Weight reduction is also as 50g which is same as the ultralight or the twist. So my Circuses (250g) are lighter than a normal G2 (254g) :P . The shape of the hubs are really great for grinds and I just love the way my diabs look compared to a normal Henry's Circus.

Chiok

• Donator
New Henrys axles
« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2006, 12:48:50 pm »
They look like nice axles, nice and smooth if not perfectly curved like the JC hubs.  But why would there be a gap by the hub?  Did they not measure it correctly when they made them?  I would expect it to fit like the old hubs, just wider.

Chiok

Matt_

• Donator
New Henrys axles
« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2006, 06:08:45 pm »
Quote from: Chiok
I'm gonna look for some, at some time.  Think I might like a lil reduction in weight, but I'm not sure.  I'm still happy with the bog standard metal hubs on my circuses, they're doing fine, barring any hard knocks.

man, you have to get the plastic hubs--you'll never go back. even if you just get the "standard" hubs, which is just replacing metal with plastic (and not new hardware or widening or anything) you'll notice a drastic improvement, not only in weight, but your string catches less, grinds are smoother, your string doesnt wear out as fast, and it looks cooler ;)

maxticket

New Henrys axles
« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2006, 05:48:28 am »
Yeah, it was the 4erlei that Matt pointed me to. From what I recall, they looked more like Henrys Twist axles, but I only saw them once. All I know is I want my Circuses wider and lighter in the middle, so the All Around looks pretty good.

Chiok

• Donator
New Henrys axles
« Reply #37 on: March 01, 2006, 10:10:09 am »
Quote from: Matt_
man, you have to get the plastic hubs--you'll never go back. even if you just get the "standard" hubs ... you'll notice a drastic improvement, not only in weight, but your string catches less, grinds are smoother, your string doesnt wear out as fast, and it looks cooler ;)
Personally, I'm liking the weight at the moment, after finding my Finesses so light and starting right at the beginning on a jumbo harlequin.  But I'm gonna have a bash at making some of my own when I get the time.  We've got lathes here at work and plenty of PTFE (teflon) that I can work with.  I've got a design drawn out which is similar to the allround.  First I've gotta find an attachment long enough for my socket bits to undo the nuts on my circuses...

Chiok

JC

• Donator
New Henrys axles
« Reply #38 on: March 01, 2006, 04:51:03 pm »
My really round axe kit is also available in Finland now

DIABOLO - HENRYS CIRCUS ( ULK-erikoisakseli )

Henrys Circus diabolo, jossa on valmiiksi vaihdettuna
Jürgen Kreiszin tekmä Ultra Leicht Kit diaboloakseli,
joka leventää ja keventää.

http://sirkussirkus.com/putiikki/pindex.html

Scooby

New Henrys axles
« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2006, 12:25:02 pm »
hey guys.

i was looking to buy some Circus axels and i dont know which ones to buy.

i dont know the names.

If anyone Knows Jonas(sorry if i spelt it wrong) who was at the Sjc2006  
and he is from France.  

there the type of Axels im looking for.

sorry if i couldnt be anymore helpful with that one.
------------------------------------------------
ALL YOUR DIABOLO ARE BELONG TO US!!!
------------------------------------------------