Author Topic: New Henrys axles  (Read 38865 times)

tommi

• VotW Contributor
New Henrys axles
« Reply #60 on: March 24, 2006, 08:32:01 pm »
I have allround sets in my 2 henrys diabs. I really like them since the weight is something like 50g lighter. Also the the widenes is great for finger grinds. I don't know if the curve in the hubs really has any advantages (grinds maybe) but I think it looks great. I can get some pics for tomorow if you want to see some. Wide hubs are also very stable unlike what I have heard about wide axles.. Good for 2d I think too (tought I can only speed up a little and do some corrections, but that what matters, right?)

But anyways, if you want pics, let me know.

JC

• Donator
New Henrys axles
« Reply #61 on: March 25, 2006, 01:29:14 pm »
Do you use the original ones from Henrys?
I am interested to see a photo.
www.diabolonet.de - email to: diabolo-kits@web.de
MONOBOLOS, Henrys Circus, Vision and MB Finesse with round shaped axles

tommi

• VotW Contributor
New Henrys axles
« Reply #62 on: March 25, 2006, 04:07:27 pm »

Stock hubs on the left and allrounds on the right.

This is what seems to bother many people, but everything works great, the gap is not a problem!

The Allround set comes with lighter washers, but the smaller ones are really soft and I couldn't get diabolos tight enough so I replaced the small blacks with the original small washers and now its all good.

Mmm.. so pretty..

frank0072

New Henrys axles
« Reply #63 on: March 25, 2006, 04:18:09 pm »
they look really awsome. How much did you pay for it?
some people think they are better because they can do something better

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

tommi

• VotW Contributor
New Henrys axles
« Reply #64 on: March 25, 2006, 04:52:43 pm »
I have two sets and they were 16,5€ each. My two Circis are worth of 87€ now, scary..

I don't know if they might be cheaper somewhere, but at least I didn't have to pay for shipping because I live five minutes walk from a nice little shop that sells all kinds of juggling equipment (and wigs :roll: ) I love the shop cause I never have to wait for a packet to arrive if I want some new toys. Bit off-topic, sorry..

JC

• Donator
New Henrys axles
« Reply #65 on: March 25, 2006, 05:22:08 pm »
Btw, for 87€ you could have
3 new modified circus diabolos from my side;-)

barnesy

• Administrator
New Henrys axles
« Reply #66 on: March 25, 2006, 06:01:16 pm »
JC, are they still only available in black?  I'd much prefer them to be white.  The price sounds very good, but I'm not sure I want that much width, which is why I think I'm still more tempted by the allround kits.  I'm thinking about it though.

Your site is broken in Safari and Camino by the way.  Some of the page links are done like this: '../html/page.html' when in the case of the ones I just looked at, they could just be 'page.html'.  Those links don't work, and I'm not keen enough to look at the source to view each page!

JC

• Donator
New Henrys axles
« Reply #67 on: March 25, 2006, 07:35:26 pm »
please try it with the Internet Explorer,
they are only available in black.

barnesy

• Administrator
New Henrys axles
« Reply #68 on: March 25, 2006, 07:46:19 pm »
I'm afraid that's not how it works.  I don't have IE, and I don't want it.  If your page only works in IE, it'll lose you business.  Anyway, I'm going way off topic here.

Graham

New Henrys axles
« Reply #69 on: March 25, 2006, 10:35:41 pm »
For what it's worth, JC, It's broken in Firefox as well. On the calatogue page only the handsticks link works.

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
New Henrys axles
« Reply #70 on: March 26, 2006, 10:22:44 am »
That's what he meant it works in IE and not firefox.
Behind your back is your front.

SDM

New Henrys axles
« Reply #71 on: March 27, 2006, 10:00:38 am »
Does anyone know about the "Custom black ultra light curved extended axle kit" on firetoys.com? It looks pretty good for everything I can think of

http://www.firetoys.co.uk/juggling/black_extended_axle_tuning_kit_circus_260g.html#ajk_2fextnd

I would post a picture but I don't know how. The hubs are very curvy. Like the all round tuning kit except a smoother deeper curve. It looks great for finger grinds but more versatile than a wide roller[/url]
Don't talk to strangers unless you're stranger than them

barnesy

• Administrator
New Henrys axles
« Reply #72 on: March 27, 2006, 10:35:52 am »
Those are the ones JC was talking about earlier in this thread.  They're available from him and from Firetoys.

JC

• Donator
New Henrys axles
« Reply #73 on: March 27, 2006, 11:08:22 am »
Here is a photo that you could see how they look like if they are mounted.

fredo

New Henrys axles
« Reply #74 on: March 27, 2006, 12:27:32 pm »
Looks like a MB diab... will consieder getting two kits, but the ultralight ones seem better for me (I'm a finfinesse player :P )

JC

• Donator
New Henrys axles
« Reply #75 on: March 27, 2006, 06:35:20 pm »
Why should it look like a MB Diabolo?
The cups are original ones from Henrys!

fredo

New Henrys axles
« Reply #76 on: March 27, 2006, 09:43:40 pm »
I meant that it looks similar to a MB diab cause of the black axle!

barnesy

• Administrator
New Henrys axles
« Reply #77 on: March 29, 2006, 05:07:16 pm »
My allround axles and another Circus arrived yesterday.  I've only been able to have a quick play with them (I'm taking them to the sports centre tonight!), but I think I already like them a lot.

They feel quite similar to ultralights - the extra width is noticeable but not significant.  Correction is slightly different, but is much less noticeably different than with my Akrobat wide hubs.  Fans and tricks with a lot of string on the axle feel a lot nicer.  The step down from the hub to the axle doesn't seem to matter at all.  I didn't have any trouble getting 10+ second finger grinds.  That's not really a trick I'm into, but they seem to work well.

I didn't get a reply from Henrys (or haven't yet, after 5 days).  I'm disappointed by that - I'd have thought they'd be more helpful.

I'd post pictures of the allround axles, but Tommi's pictures earlier in this thread are fine.

So now I have Red White and Blue* Circusses.  Hmm, people will think I'm Dutch.  Or even French...

*  And one yellow and three luminous...

Martijn

New Henrys axles
« Reply #78 on: March 29, 2006, 05:15:21 pm »
Quote from: barnesy
So now I have Red White and Blue* Circusses.  Hmm, people will think I'm Dutch.

Anything wrong with that? :P You are going to the Dutch convention every year :)
download Made in Taiwan at www.arjangroenendijk.nl

barnesy

• Administrator
New Henrys axles
« Reply #79 on: March 29, 2006, 05:21:43 pm »
Quote from: Martijn
Quote from: barnesy
So now I have Red White and Blue* Circusses.  Hmm, people will think I'm Dutch.

Anything wrong with that? :P You are going to the Dutch convention every year :)

Heh!  There are worse alternatives, I suppose.  I can't make it to the Dutch this year sadly - Bungay is too nice a convention to want to miss any of it.  I'd probably feel more guilty if I was missing the Dutch to go to Berlin!  I assume all the conventions happening that week will still be OK.  It's a shame I can only do one - last year I did all three of the ones I just mentioned.