Author Topic: One Diabolo Tutorial - 360 Infinite Suicide  (Read 3298 times)

Richard

One Diabolo Tutorial - 360 Infinite Suicide
« on: January 19, 2015, 12:57:31 am »

ASamJ2K

Re: One Diabolo Tutorial - 360 Infinite Suicide
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2015, 06:45:27 am »
Thanks, because no matter how many times I saw people do this it never worked. and I would had never had thought about that front wrap thing.
Thanks again
Diabolo lets me be me

Icebox

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2015, 08:42:13 pm »
This is super nitpicky, but stepping to the other side of the suicide doesn't actually change the wrap on the diabolo. You're still working with a right backwrap, but at that point the suiciding stick is trying to unwrap the diabolo with a left backwrap and you're rewrapping with a left frontwrap. It's still a right backwrap on the diabolo and that's why you wouldn't be able to genocide out after you've stepped in front.

5p3ak

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2015, 12:06:40 am »
Good effort :)

At first I thought it was 1 360 turn but turns out to be two 180, not sure if you get what I meant. Anyways keep up the great tutorials.
Check out my Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/MaFiaZai

Diabolo88

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2015, 01:29:31 am »
I'll also be nitpicky and say that the title imho is a little confusing. I'd go with calling this a "walk around infinite suicide" (just like I do when it's unwrapped). When someone asks about a 360 infinite suicide I think of the pirouette under an unwrapped one (done under a single turn. Taiwan style).

Also idk why you don't mention it in the video (maybe it's supposed to be obvious idk?) but maybe it's good to actually note keeping the hand behind the back so beginners know. I can see how beginners would want to keep their hand in front to catch easily (or have even gotten used to doing it that way) even if they're comfortable with wrapped infs and there's always a chance someone has that habit. Trying to then move over and do the walk around or the 360 unwrapped with your hand tucked to your chest would suck when the speed is a lot greater.

Wis

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2015, 09:11:39 am »
You just made me think what do I do with my left hand. I think I just leave it down. Maybe that advice makes sense.

The naming. I think this comes from diabology. I like your name suggestion, it is coherent, but it kind of feels like going against what is more commonly used, among the people I have met, mostly Europeans.

@Richard: This is the second discussion about naming of your tutorials I remember, so my conclusion is that probably it makes sense to include all the potential names in the description box. And maybe in the tags, for searching purposes. Great tutorial ;)
"The string...the inertia...the hours"

Richard

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2015, 02:17:56 pm »
Thanks for the comments guys. Please keep em coming.

Just so you know, I'm really not that concerned with the wording of tricks and sometimes I make the title up as I go.  That said, I understand that it can be frustrating to see tutorials with the 'wrong' trick name.

For any technical feedback with the tutorials, BRING IT!  I don't profess to be an expert on all the tricks that I make tutorials for, so any correction is welcome if it helps people learn faster :)

Wis

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2015, 02:44:50 pm »
The wording thing is just for searching purposes, frustration is when you find a tutorial 3 years after you learned the trick, and you realize that you use a different name. There are no right names, there are just used and not used names. For example nobody calls this trick a "Ferrari".
The detail from Ben I think is more important and subtle, good catch.
And concerning 'technical' feedback, I like a lot the font you use for your tutorials. But sometimes it is hard to follow it, specially here with the green color of the font and that background...
I am not saying to change it, but maybe depending on the background. Just thinking out loud.
"The string...the inertia...the hours"

Richard

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2015, 12:18:35 am »
Thanks Wis,

Yeah, I'm playing around with using a band of darker shading for the text to make it easier to read.

Rich

ASamJ2K

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2015, 04:02:20 am »
Took me a short while but I got ;)
Diabolo lets me be me

Richard

« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2015, 10:55:38 am »
 :-D