Author Topic: 3 high behind the back sun siteswap  (Read 2906 times)

Richard

3 high behind the back sun siteswap
« on: June 26, 2015, 02:16:55 pm »
After 12 years of working at 3 high, I'm finally getting to the point where I can do some siteswaps.

Thanks Arjan for all your technical support - this attempt doesn't have a very clean pattern compared to normal but I was focused on the trick

Does anyone know what siteswap this is? I was thinking 441 but it's a little different cause I had to initially throw the first diabolo higher, then the other two diabolos around a height of 5

Wis

Re: 3 high behind the back sun siteswap
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2015, 03:12:21 pm »
My guess is that it is a 5501 where the 0 is the movement you do to put the string on the back.
About the regular shuffle. I tend to think that maybe you move the arms a bit too much upwards. I tried to mostly open the arms wide throw instead, but certainly I also do a part upwards. Just a thought...

Congratulations! I am not there yet ;)
"The string...the inertia...the hours"

Richard

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2015, 03:17:34 pm »
Thanks Luis!

Yep, good advice - I am working at trying to use my hands more - Usually I find it easier to do this once I've got the pattern 'under control'.

Wis

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2015, 02:10:36 pm »
I see, my 3d high shuffle is most of the times a mess with me running around, I guess i know what you mean :)
I drew it and a paper and realized I have forgotten a 4 at the beginning of the sequence, as well to create space for the 0.
"The string...the inertia...the hours"

Arjan

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2015, 09:23:39 pm »
Good job Richard! That ain't easy that. Doing siteswaps is a great way to improve overall high technique. Keep on rocking!

Richard

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2015, 01:38:07 pm »
Thanks guys!

Yeah, I figured there was a 4 at the beginning cause I need to throw one up higher to give me time to throw the other 2 higher and also move the string behind my back.

Rich

Arjan

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2015, 04:07:14 pm »
Hey Richard,

It's this 4 that is crucial. You could throw it lowish, like a 3,5 almost, throw the other two and then quickly move the string to the back. This will make the whole thing be more compressed and lower but also faster overall. The sun at the end could be done quicker too in that case, but make sure to throw the diabolo in a controlled way for a clean pattern afterwards.

Not Skilled Yet

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2015, 03:55:03 pm »
nice :D
I still can't do 3 high, just 2 high badly and 3 low
Sorry for my awful posts years ago. I was even more anal and un-self-aware than i am now.