Author Topic: Diabolo Battle at the EJC 2015 (Brunico)  (Read 5279 times)

Wis

Diabolo Battle at the EJC 2015 (Brunico)
« on: May 22, 2015, 12:42:12 pm »
I have heard very very serious rumours that there is going to be a diabolo battle in this year's EJC! So anybody wondering, yes, this year you can participate. Details will follow soon.
"The string...the inertia...the hours"

Graham Milligan

Re: Diabolo Battle at the EJC 2015 (Brunico)
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2015, 06:14:23 pm »
awesome!!!

I would like to see competeing aswell this year Wis, it was unfortunate you didn't get to show some skills last year!
Some Craic!

Wis

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2015, 10:09:35 pm »
So here we go!! I will add the concrete rules soon.
Everything is set for the Diabolo Battle 2015 at the European Juggling Convention 2015 (https://www.facebook.com/events/1423171611317392/). Friday 7th of August at the Renegade Tent at 16:00. I hope to see as much of you there to watch and to participate! We have The Planet Diabolo Project and EPIC Juggling Props sponsoring the event. Sooo we will have the new diabolo Epic 2015 to give for the winners and other participants! It is going to be nuts!! Check how the battle last year looked like here:

Link to the picture: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10205675823528565&set=a.3107438058606.136978.1643964399&type=1&theater

PS: I have learnt photoshop just for these diabolo battle things, so do not be so hard when judging the picture :) I would have chosen a more interesting font, but one needs to kill his darlings, for readability's sake

Graham Milligan

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2015, 09:59:16 am »
Awesome, looks like it's gonna be a good one!

It would also be cool to have a diabolo.ca meet up at some stage during the convention, maybe after the battle we can all go get some beers/ food and have a general get together/ introduce ourselves. It's always good to be able to put a friendly face to the forum name we are so accustomed to looking at!

Then maybe we can try and get some footage for the collab at the end of the year!
~Just a thought

G =]
Some Craic!

Wis

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2015, 09:09:14 am »
That seems like a fantastic idea to me. I guess we'll be done between 18:00 and 19:00. And there is a gala show at 20:00. I will take a more careful look at the schedule later, but if there are suggestions.... http://ejc2015.org/events/

Graham Milligan

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2015, 10:04:43 am »
hmm, no use having a meet whenever there is gala shows on.
What about meeting on the Thursday instead? we can all introduce ourselves, have a jam, maybe film something for the forum, then get some munch and drinks and then we will all be acquainted before the battle on Friday.

But we can discuss it more during the festival and stick something down on the workshop board. only 2 weeks till juggling christmas! Eeeek!
Some Craic!

von_Ungern_Sternberg

• Planet Diabolo Project
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2015, 11:16:57 am »
Indeed, I find a bit sad to make it Friday just before the gala. The diabolo competition will most likely have delay. After the competition, the people who have to go to the gala will not be able to join the diabolo-beer hang out. If the gala starts at 20h you want to be there at 19h to have good places. Sometime the gala location is not on the ejc site, but in a theater, so we need to calculate the travel time as well.

What about a diabolo meeting Thursday at 21h?
I think it s less sad to miss the fire open stage then be tale for the gala. After the diabolo meeting, we will have all the time to party together.

Thanks for all the organisation!

Wis

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2015, 04:26:07 pm »
Just to clarify. By no means I intended to propose to make it after the diabolo battle. I was just informing about how is the schedule assuming that everybody would agree it makes no sense to make it there :) I assumed Graham was not aware of the gala at 20h.

Thursday at 21h sounds good to me, it gives also room for late arrivers to the EJC.

Wis

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2015, 05:12:11 pm »
People! I would like to discus during the meeting about the diabolo.ca collaboration of this year. So feel free to start thinking about it. Does anybody want to edit? Ideas for tricks. Maybe finally some passing filming... that sort of things :)

Graham Milligan

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2015, 03:32:58 pm »
i've got my thinking cap on.

Doesn't even particularly need to be part of the end of year collab. We could make an EJC - Diabolo.ca Collab which would allow us to make a consistent project throughout the festival
Some Craic!

Wis

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2015, 11:47:40 am »
Here we go. The rules are here!! Feel free to ask any question!
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByLov58giMt1cmU2VnRDZTBSV1k/view?usp=sharing

We already have some confirmations... one of the judges will be the legendary Tony Frebourg. Have you been working on your high skills? He always does!

Ceri-Anne

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2015, 10:21:40 pm »
Hi guys, really sad to have missed it last year because of the enormous storm, so I am looking forward to making it this year! Also definitely up for a diabolo-beer-meetup on Thursday. See you all soon.  :)