Author Topic: 3 high stuff  (Read 2723 times)

Richard

3 high stuff
« on: July 21, 2015, 08:33:13 pm »
Hey guys,

Here's some 3 high and low stuff I've just filmed over the last 2 days - any tips would be appreciated. Does anyone know of any videos of 151515?

Richard

Pieter

• VotW Contributor
Re: 3 high stuff
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2015, 03:42:37 pm »
aha, high stuff, maybe I can help you a bit with that... :)
I would lower the pattern, that will make siteswapping more easy.. I think, in general, you throw to high. Look again at your 51's, you have enough (too much) time to do the 1, the 5 can definitely lower even without lowering your pattern.
In my opinion you make very big arm movements (a reason why you throw so high), maybe it's a good exercise to throw a diabolo without having your string above your head (now every time you throw a diabolo your arms go up and the string comes above your head).
so, in short: less bigger armmoves! (probably, untaught, your pattern will be lower by doing that).
good luck! :)

Richard

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2015, 04:23:48 pm »
Thanks Pieter!!

I'm hoping to catch up for a juggle one day soon - I'm now living in Belgium :)

Richard

Arjan

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2015, 05:45:51 pm »
Richard, I just watched your other video (the 2 high trick) and this confirms something I have been temped to point out.
I think your string or your axles are extremely grippy. In the 2 high video, you do some chinese acceleration with 2 and the sound of that makes me think that.
Not only will this be loads heavier for the wrists and the whole arms in general, it's also very difficult to keep the throws to a lower height.
I have been suspicious about this with you and now I think this may be the case.
My advise: try to clean your axles, hubs, sticks and string, or perhaps get your hands on something new, just to try it out. Let me know if this does something for you?

Richard

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2015, 03:50:43 pm »
Hey Arjan,

I usually my string until it breaks (usually 3-5 weeks) then replace it. And I've used some really clean/new diabolos in the past.

What difference does it make?

Rich

Arjan

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2015, 05:24:25 pm »
The case I'm making here is that the more clutchy/grippy the string or axes is, the more will it want to "fly" out of the string by itself when thrown.
2 different conditions of strings and axles, both with the same momentum can still result in a totally different throwing feedback.
The older my string is, the heavier a pattern feels, and the more I want to bring some "air" (height) in it. Hope this makes sense.

Richard

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2015, 12:22:42 pm »
Yes, thanks :)