Author Topic: Name the Video  (Read 11933 times)

SebiHausi

Name the Video
« on: September 17, 2015, 08:24:29 pm »
This is a game I introduced to the diabolotreff.de forum a while ago. At first it was running really nice, but after a couple of weeks/ months it somehow died. Anyway, I thought I would also post it here now because I am convinced that there are a lot more active users here and it might will be going on for longer :P. It is also super fun and I discovered a lot of old videos I did not know before this way.

This is how it works:
One person posts music, a song that has been used in a diabolo video and the others must figure out which video that was. (Obviously that should be videos people know, not 3_diabolo_progress by diabolodude666. I guess you get the idea ;) .)
The one who gets the video is allowed to post the next one.

Let me start with an easy one:

Chloé F.

Re: Name the Video
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2015, 08:50:02 pm »
Well that's a very nice concept !
Unfortunately the music doesn't remind me of anything, I guess this is an opportunity to discover a new diabolo video !  :-D
Thank you Sebi for bringing this game here on the forum  ;)
There's nothing  but what's bearable as long as a man can play diabolo.

Arjan

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2015, 09:18:48 pm »
Rings a bell this one, but I can't recall. Think the video is at least 5 years old. *edit* Lame. William Lame. How could I forget that? The guy is a legend. Look out for some footage of himself and me from like three years ago, he told me he's going to edit it into something.

This is the video, you should watch:

And this is the music to a diabolo video (this album I still listen on my Ipod btw):

Icebox

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2015, 05:03:12 am »
I know I know!!! That's one of my favorite videos of all time actually (and it never made it to the forum as far as I can recall) :D

I accidentaly the diabolos. Is that bad?

Let's see who remembers this one:

Ceri-Anne

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2015, 08:37:15 am »
I love this game! Such a good way to re-watch diabolo videos.

Double cheese and nuggets:

This one may be easy for some:

JaNnI$

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2015, 10:36:57 am »
easy one!
LCAB: L. C. A. B. - juggling videos hosted @ Juggling.tv

next one:
should be easy for some!

SebiHausi

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2015, 11:16:12 am »
i am glad this game is running so smooth here aswell  8).

that was an easy one jannis :D.
ejc 2008 video

neeeeext:

Wis

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2015, 12:48:50 pm »
yay!! One of my all time favorites

W.L 3D by Joona and Saska leeting Europe speechless

I won't be the first one putting a hard one
"The string...the inertia...the hours"

Duncan

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2015, 02:08:32 pm »
This is probably the only one I've been able to answer thus far.

Epic Starts Here:

Let's go with an old one:

Ronnie

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2015, 03:06:26 pm »
I won't be the first one putting a hard one

I remember that this song was also used in one of Dodson's 4D attempts videos, which is sadly not available anymore :(

MartinJ

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2015, 04:42:39 pm »
   A man's chew!

my turn (also old one):   :)

Diabolo88

• Donator
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2015, 12:51:16 am »
Fun, fun thread...and an oppurtunity to revisit the past ten years or so of videos and the evolution of modern diabolo. :)

A man's chew!

my turn (also old one):   :)

Eric and Antonin "Of Baguettes and Diabolos"

Quite easy tbh...since I watched that video a LOT. Antonins 2x 1x stopover is a trick I've "stolen" and is to this day (modified with a lifted piroute over left shoulder before the simultaneous stepovers into kneeling position) one of my favorite 2D tricks/combos. Easy and elegant trick, thanks for the reminder to watch it again and thanks and props to Antonin for that very sweet trick especially. 8) 

Iirc the music in this clip was also changed at some point (for copyright reasons [delaying Diabology way back when])? I don't remember if the original song is in this one, on Diabology or if this is the same as on the DVD as I haven't watched Diabology in years now:

^Seeing your oldschool and raising you with...some more oldschool. ;) Hints/answer can ofcourse be provided if nobody can guess it as the difficulty might be cranked.

Duncan

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2015, 01:26:00 pm »

^Seeing your oldschool and raising you with...some more oldschool. ;) Hints/answer can ofcourse be provided if nobody can guess it as the difficulty might be cranked.

I know I need a hint. The song is familiar, but I've lost most of the videos I used to save from 2004-2007. My guess it that it's from around 2006.

Diabolo88

• Donator
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2015, 10:02:21 pm »
I know I need a hint. The song is familiar, but I've lost most of the videos I used to save from 2004-2007. My guess it that it's from around 2006.

It's a 2004 video so a bit earlier even. Pre youtube though it's on there now. Just need to google the diabolists name to find it. ;)

Juggler is french and the video was mainly focused on three diabolos (very technical at the time containing an early instance of a 3 low string control trick, 42 high drop to instant low [idk what the siteswap is called :embarassed:] and high/"mid high" cascade). Has a thread on the forum that lead into early discussions about 3d low cascades.

If another hint is needed it's below here:

If still too difficult...another french juggler (member of MFP) has written some of his quite few posts on here in the thread and you can find the thread immediately on google by searching his name too (along with diabolo.ca) ;)

^Excuse the dots needed to improvise a spoiler function for this last hint. If no hit this time I'll spill the title.

Duncan

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2015, 10:35:02 pm »
Found it: Quentin's old video: Quentin Bancel - Three diabolos juggling - juggling videos hosted @ Juggling.tv

The MFP person was Jibe. Here's the old thread: http://diabolo.ca/forum/index.php?topic=122

Since I had to have a hint + I've already posted a video in this thread recently, I think someone else should get to go next.

Not Skilled Yet

« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2015, 03:14:04 am »
This one should be easy
juggling is cool, diabolo is the coolest

Jarle

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2015, 04:04:41 pm »
One of my favourites ever! A.M.C.B.B. by Eljas and Joona  :-D

Next up:

It's better with a garden without grass, than a life without Diabolo...

Wis

« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2015, 05:43:07 pm »
That was a gift. Same name, teardrop by Clement

I will almost pass. This is probably one of the easiest possible

"The string...the inertia...the hours"

Chloé F.

« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2015, 06:01:41 pm »
Yeaaah Tricka Technology ! A classic  :-D

Let's go with that one :-) (with another lefty diaboloist)

There's nothing  but what's bearable as long as a man can play diabolo.

Duncan

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2015, 06:08:03 pm »
Hah, someone posted while I was responding. Anyway, one of my old favorites: La La Land: La-la-land - juggling videos hosted @ Juggling.tv

Let's see if anyone can remember this one (always loved the editing in this):

I think this one will need hints - it's the second song in the video, and you'll only get to hear the original soundtrack if you find the video on jugglingtv...