Author Topic: Sundia fixed axle question  (Read 781 times)

Lt.Tom

Sundia fixed axle question
« on: September 30, 2015, 12:11:58 am »
A couple of months ago I ordered a Sundia Sun, and it quickly became one of my favorites. It came with the heavy metal washers, and this lightweight axle;

(Picture shamelessly swiped from a post Scharling made here in 2013)

Recently I ordered a couple more Suns, but they both came with plastic washers and the heavy steel wide fixed axle. They weigh about the same as my first Sun, but even a beginner like me can tell the difference in how they play.

I really love the axle in my original Sun. (the ones in the picture) So, are these axles available anymore? I'd love to find a few of them.

Am I just better off spending a bunch of money converting everything to the black teflon coated aluminum axles instead?

Has anyone here played the aluminum ones?

Duncan

• Administrator
Re: Sundia fixed axle question
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2015, 01:06:11 pm »
If you haven't already bought from @Nev, then he might be able to hook you up: http://diabolomoves.co.uk/diabolos/store/comersus_contactUs.asp

Lt.Tom

Re: Sundia fixed axle question
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2015, 09:45:49 pm »
Thanks, Duncan. Now that I'm active on this forum again I've learned about Nev's site. (which is amazing for a Sundia fan - so much stuff I haven't found anywhere else!) Once I decide which axle I'm going with I'll be ordering up a whole lot of hardware from Nev to make all my Suns match. Plus I need one more Sun, and another Shining or two, and............