Author Topic: Sundia Evo5  (Read 2148 times)

nev

• Donator
Sundia Evo5
« on: November 14, 2015, 03:52:56 pm »
Was taking some pics of the Evo5 diabolo's and this one turned out really nice

Not been much written about these online yet - anyone care to share a review or two?

Ps anyone care to guess where the picture was taken?
www.Diabolomoves.co.uk/diabolos/ - shop for Sundia diabolos, Handsticks & String

Ronnie

• VotW Contributor
Re: Sundia Evo5
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2015, 04:46:26 pm »
They are all so nice, I am tempted to buy some but they are quite expensive, especially considering considering they come without the lighting kits  :-| I might post a review of the G2s

Mr Circus

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2015, 03:53:02 am »
Please do post that review. And also could you compare it to the fixed axle sundia EVO and other bearing diabolos.

Varil

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2015, 08:48:43 am »
I picked up one of these from Nev, and i can't be happier with it, or the service i got.
Compared to my older (2 years) shining, the bearing is completely silent, you can measure the spindown times in minutes almost.  Add the light kits and they just look so amazing.

Really wanted a red one, they weren't in stock in the UK, emailed nev about it, and as soon as he knew when they were imported, he sent me an email back, kept one aside for me, and even let me pay for it before it went up on the website.

Then to cap it all, i got a partial refund as he'd calculated the exchange rates incorrectly!

Anyone in the UK who's looking to buy one of these, get in touch with nev, you wont be disappointed at all.

Neil

Ronnie

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2015, 11:04:41 am »
Anyone in the UK who's looking to buy one of these, get in touch with nev, you wont be disappointed at all.

Nev is the best haha

could you compare it to the fixed axle sundia EVO and other bearing diabolos.

The evo G2s are NOT bearing diabolos, I will compare them with the G1 EVOs but that's it, I don't think I use bearings enough to be able to compare them, that's just not my jam  8)

samuli

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2015, 07:57:36 pm »
bathtub?
www.fdc2016.org /www.supiainen.com

Graham Milligan

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2015, 11:55:01 am »
Hey everybody.

I first used these diabolos at BJC 2015 and I'll say again what I said to Nev back then, these are the nicest bearings I've ever picked up in look and feeling. They respond incredibly well and is the closest bearing you could get to feel like a fixed axle which really appealed to me.
I've been using these new sundia's fairly regularly for the last month or so as i had some LED gigs and these look and worked perfectly with my style, and I have to say that I am on the verge of never returning to fixed axle except to try a few trick that are impossible on a bearing.

My style of diabolo is based alot around 1D body combos and integrals and this diabolo has surpassed my expectations in its performance. I am able to do whole routines of body combos lasting approx. 3 - 4minutes without having to even worry about the issues of speed, you can hold finger grinds for minutes on end and although I'm still getting used to running integral sequences on these diabolos they are BY FAR the most responsive I've used for this type of trick.

In terms of numbers i can't really say much as its not really my thing. However I've never had so much fun coming up with 2D moves, Whenever i was training with fixed axles i found it incredibly repetitive and difficult to make nice looking moves/ combos unless your skill level was fairly high. With Evo5 I have been able to create moves using different (fairly unexplored) techniques that are easy on bearing and impossible on fixed axle and has actually sparked my interest in multiple diabolos again.
As Nev once said to me, "Its not about what you can't do on them, Its about what you can do and the doors it opens"

Nev was more than helpful when ordering these and even ordered them from Asia for me as he didn't have them in stock in UK whenever I was asking about them. He is incredibly helpful and friendly!

Worth every penny.  *****  (that's meant to be 5 stars)
G

PS yeah, it looks like a bathtub or a massive sink.

Some Craic!

Mr Circus

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2015, 11:47:37 pm »
Does anybody know where I can get these for cheap.(Cheap meaning lower than the normal price)

Furlisht

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2016, 07:37:39 am »
Hello,

For those using it daily, after a few months, is it still good? I'd like to buy one but considering the price, i'd like to be sure :-).