Author Topic: WJF Diabolo RoXXed  (Read 8767 times)

norbi

• VotW Contributor
WJF Diabolo RoXXed
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2005, 09:06:04 pm »
What? I didn't quite understand. but i get the idea that you heard about a diabolo contest and saw that photo, and now you want a video.

If yes, wait for the WJF 2005 DVD.

norbi

• VotW Contributor
WJF Diabolo RoXXed
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2005, 09:17:08 pm »
Right. Firstly, all the scorign system was changed, they are still trying to find the perfect system, and this years was much better overall (other than a few glitches, but hey, they only get one chance a year to test it out) so next time it'll be even better hopefully. As for the judges, i told them roughly what to judge on, based on last year. 2 of the judges were diabolists (a kid called Victor [pretty high standard] and Fritz Grobe [i dont think he needs and introduction]) So it wasnt all that bad.

William rocks!

tomangleberger

• Donator
WJF Diabolo RoXXed
« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2005, 04:19:37 am »
"Diabolo is not really a juggling event," Garfield says. His disapproval is obvious. "It is more an auxiliary prop event that does become juggling when you get into two or three of them. But with one it is just a manipulation skill. Clubs, balls and rings are the standard objects."

Is auxiliarypropevent.ca available?

Should we call ourselves auxiliarypropeventers or auxiliarypropeventists?

According to Garf, one diabolo is not juggling. But two diabolos is. Did any of the competitors NOT do two? did William not do two?
Then why tell a reporter that William was not juggling?

I hope he gave the reporter one of those little WJF cards with his picture on it. That should clear everything up. http://www.thewjf.com/card.html

Matt_

• Donator
WJF Diabolo RoXXed
« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2005, 09:27:32 am »
haha, it's jason. come on guys, quit getting your panties in a wad. everyone, by now, knows exactly how jason thinks. we all love and respect the diabolo--so what if he doesn't? what are you going to do? boycott the WJF?

now it's time to set off to make a similar card for The Active Diaboloist, featuring the generic juggling questions, and more, such as:

--How high can you throw that??
--Can you do every trick there is? (i have actually been asked this, folks)
--Hey, that thing is like a yoyo!

Matt_

• Donator
WJF Diabolo RoXXed
« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2005, 10:20:32 am »
ok, a little bit of late night inspiration and a double post.

i kind of envisioned like, a flip book that you would show to someone at first sight of a dumb question. they read it, then hear the moral/lesson/whatever on the last page (you'll see).

these are ones i just thought of now (at 2AM). if you have any more, lemme know.

Martijn

WJF Diabolo RoXXed
« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2005, 03:53:16 pm »
Nice pics Matt! :D
download Made in Taiwan at www.arjangroenendijk.nl

Dracodragon

• VotW Contributor
WJF Diabolo RoXXed
« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2006, 09:33:20 am »
Lol, nice pics matt_.

ALso, does anyone know what time the wjf will air on espn or espn 2? I checked the site but couldnt find any info...same with the espn sites.
Go Draco with your Diabolo!
http://frogfighters.com/godraco/

web

WJF Diabolo RoXXed
« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2006, 05:26:50 pm »
I don't think the shows have even been put together yet.  What time were they last year?