Author Topic: Diabolo battle in Taiwan: PAO 一對一花式扯鈴大賽  (Read 1896 times)

Wis

Diabolo battle in Taiwan: PAO 一對一花式扯鈴大賽
« on: December 07, 2015, 03:45:03 pm »
It took place on the 6th of December in Taipei

Link to the event
https://www.facebook.com/events/447686962103003/

Final
http://www.redbull.com/tw/zh/stories/1331763687428/redbull-pao-recap
This one may load faster

Video Compilation
http://www.redbull.com/tw/zh/stories/1331763785995/red-bull-pao-action-clip

Here is a top 10 somebody did. Do you agree with the order?

"The string...the inertia...the hours"

Graham Milligan

Re: Diabolo battle in Taiwan: PAO 一對一花式扯鈴大賽
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2015, 01:12:51 am »
dont really understand how the sets work as the golden diabolo guy seemed to get wayyyy more stage time.

Some seriously fresh stuff from the guy on the left, absolute madness
Some Craic!

Timo

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2015, 04:10:25 pm »
This is AMAZING!
Absolute highlight for me was the combo from 6:06 to 6:22 and the one at 7:08. It was so good, I screamed the first time watching it. The rest is also amazing.

Diabolo88

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2015, 07:07:19 pm »
Very cool two handed infinite stuff.

So conflicted. As awesome as these diabolists and tricks are...it's sort of killed by how very uncool anything related to redbull is.

Wis

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2015, 12:03:29 pm »
So conflicted. As awesome as these diabolists and tricks are...it's sort of killed by how very uncool anything related to redbull is.

That is something I could be interested in speaking more about. Do you refer the health dilemma or the corporate dilemma? If anybody wants to have a take on this, be my guest.
"The string...the inertia...the hours"

5p3ak

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2015, 03:13:50 pm »
Very cool two handed infinite stuff.

Perhaps it's a sponsor or something. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Check out my Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/MaFiaZai

Diabolo88

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2015, 02:47:09 am »
Perhaps it's a sponsor or something. Correct me if I'm wrong.

That is something I could be interested in speaking more about. Do you refer the health dilemma or the corporate dilemma? If anybody wants to have a take on this, be my guest.

Oh no from a corporate perspective. Specifically redbull feeling the need to insantly zero in on, stamp and brand any type of "fringe activity" that comes to their ignorant attention (be it bboying, smaller extreme sports, parachuting or aerobatic flying you name it...maybe because it's cheaper for the number of views/attendees than sponsoring bigger sports and events especially now due to sites like youtube attracting random views) and more often than not turning it into a "battle" while tacking on words like cool/crazy/extreme/radical/epic and arranging it in a certain way in an attempt to be "hip" and maximize profit.

For those enjoying the thrill of competition I'm all for competitions, mostly arranged by people in the community (though with a variety of props judging will imho always be pretty arbitrary in diabolo compared to say gymnastics or figure skating but hey that's also a good thing imho) or if something bigger were to grow organically it'd be nice...but then suddenly a wild major advertiser, with zero prior juggling knowledge and who thinks bboy battles is the epitomy of cool, appears.

"Hey jugglers maybe you could all sport cool bboy clothing and cuckatoo style mohawks in the redbull colors to show us how edgy you are? It'll look good on TV when you throw around your little diablows or whatever they're called. The people who do extreme penspinning are bidding for some cash too so you've gotta give us a little something extra to look cool and make sure you're really prepared to "give us your all". We don't got all day as we've got a lucrative extreme seal surfing competition to arrange next. Bow down to the almighty dollar!".

It makes it feel a lot better that it was held in Taiwan where diabolo has grown in this organic way throughout a long period of time and is a bigger "thing" and more integral part of culture as it's not viewed as the "slit och släng" for the moment (however that translates? Flavor of the month? It's my main gripe) and I also see no problem with diabolo and competitions growing in the rest of the world over time, but by reflex I just SEE RED (like a bull...the irony) whenever I see that damn company logo.

From a health standpoint not sure never bothered to look at what's in it as I've never drank the stuff. I know I sound like a massive hipster doof throughout this entire rant of a post btw but yeah... :P :-D