Author Topic: Correcting two triple bearing diabolos  (Read 2453 times)

Brian60158

Correcting two triple bearing diabolos
« on: February 09, 2016, 04:39:51 am »
What's up I've started doing 2 diabolos and the only thing that's holding me back is that correcting them on the string is so hard(I know wis I asked u but I'm asking others now 😝) anyway yes I know how to correct them but when I wrap one to correct it, it just goes down the sting so fast that I can't get any corrections in. If anyone that can do two triple bearing diabolos can share with me any tips on correcting them while wrapped that would help a ton. P.S also the triple bearing diabolos are sundias if that helps at all, Thanks again

-Brian

Jannis

Re: Correcting two triple bearing diabolos
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2016, 11:20:29 am »
actually they shouldn't go down the string that fast. when hovering bearing diabolos they do behave almost like non-bearings.
you should make sure they both point in the right direction, since bearing diabolos are one way only.

Brian60158

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2016, 12:52:37 pm »
Hmm I know how to use them, they are they the only diabolos I've owned for almost a year now. Maybe it's because when I wrap one diabolo I'm trying to correct it to fast.

Brian60158

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2016, 12:55:24 pm »
Also I don't mean that they just fall down the string just like when you speed them up the go down the string kinda slow but now they go down a bit faster which is what is messing me up. Would you happen to know if I can correct them any other way than wrapping them although I would prefer to learn wrapping it first.

nev

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2016, 09:31:35 pm »
It's because the wrap is getting too loose - you need to be smooth with your pulls and avoid being too jerky with the motion.  It matters not bearing or fixed axle as they act the same in this - if your wrap is loose it will fall down.

Imagine the string around the axle and try to keep the whole loop tightly wrapped all the time.  It might help to push your hover hand forwards slightly away from your body as this puts more tension on the string within the wrap (like closing a spring).

Edit - forgot to add - lowering and relaxing your non dominant hand will also help control the hover

Concider corrections from an open shuffle too by tapping the Diabolo as it comes back towards the string (it helps at first if you can throw the one you want to correct slightly higher out of the shuffle to give more time)
www.Diabolomoves.co.uk/diabolos/ - shop for Sundia diabolos, Handsticks & String