Author Topic: Some tricks  (Read 2656 times)

Richard

Some tricks
« on: April 18, 2016, 09:13:35 pm »
Here's some of my latest tricks I'm working on - any suggestions/technical tips would be welcome

Timo

Re: Some tricks
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2016, 05:49:29 pm »
Great tricks Richard! And your 3 High looks so solid now! That last sideswap looked clean!
Keep it up man! :)

Pieter

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2016, 08:30:15 pm »
Hi Richard,

I just want to point out the following, look at your arm movements when you do 2 diabolos high at 1:32, and then look at your arm when you do 3 high...  The problem is probably your mindset as you just proved that you're able to siteswap with 2 diabolos with less bigger arm moves than just doing your normal 3 high!  just do it, 'cause you can! ;)

Richard

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2016, 05:47:57 pm »
Thanks Pieter,

Are you saying I should move my arms less while doing 3 high?

If so, I think you're right. I think I need to settle into the pattern and then focus on less movement.

Richard

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2016, 09:24:10 pm »
And thanks Timo ;)

Pieter

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2016, 11:23:13 am »
Thanks Pieter,

Are you saying I should move my arms less while doing 3 high?

If so, I think you're right. I think I need to settle into the pattern and then focus on less movement.

Yes! There is absolutely no need to, you easily throw a 5 when doing 2 diabolos high with less bigger moves than your normal 3 high...

Richard

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2016, 11:56:32 am »
Yes! There is absolutely no need to, you easily throw a 5 when doing 2 diabolos high with less bigger moves than your normal 3 high...

Thanks, I've been working on this now and do find it harder to keep the arms down (although it is possible).

I wonder why this is the case - do most people who do 2/3 high have a problem with this? Maybe it's just a bad habit I picked up while learning to do this on my own...

Not Skilled Yet

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2016, 11:46:27 pm »
very straightforward clean style on most things, which feels nice to watch, particularly with the duicide for some reason. i can't do 2d 360 fan or 3 high yet so i can't really give any advice there, and everything else looked pretty good :P
Sorry for my awful posts years ago. I was even more anal and un-self-aware than i am now.