Author Topic: The Great 2016 “Diabolo on Video” Competition~(Free of charge )  (Read 1453 times)

Mark Tsai

Free of charge ~ (NO hidden cost at all)

2016 Kaohsiung City Cup Diabolo Tournament - Web Category (“Diabolo on Video”)
Date: 15/April/2016~ 15/May/2015
Awards: Top 3 winners will be conferred award trophies in the Tournament Court (at Kaohsiung City, Taiwan) on June 18, 2016. Trophies will also be mailed overseas (NO postage required) to winners who are unavailable to attend the award ceremony.

Please refer to the following website for further details:
http://www.diabolokh.url.tw/diabolokh/index.php/2012/13-2012-07-19-09-11-01/549-20160415

Re: The Great 2016 “Diabolo on Video” Competition~(Free of charge )
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2016, 07:48:07 pm »
sounds nice. I read that you have to play at leat 2diabolos at the same time. But you also can start with 1d and later move to 2d? How long must to be the video?

Graham Milligan

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2016, 10:43:31 pm »
I read that you have to play at leat 2diabolos at the same time. How long must to be the video?

Yeh, that's a bit bogus. Whats the point in making a competition like this if your going to be Elitist about the whole thing. Especially considering that on the webpage there are 5 different diaboloists and they are all doing 1D

Videos need to be about 1:20 - 1:30 long
Some Craic!

Mark Tsai

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2016, 10:37:16 am »
1. Yes, you can start with 1d and later move to 2d, but 2d (simultaneously) will mainly be evaluated/ assessed. 
2. Video needs to be 1:20 - 1:30 long.
3. Thanks for your kind advice, however, there are 3 different diaboloists all doing 2D simultaneously. Please check the following link for the Web Category Competition last year (2015).
http://www.diabolokh.url.tw/vote/vote.php?sid=38

Wis

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2016, 11:57:06 am »
I read a bit, so the award is just a trophy, an din exchange the organizers have the right to use the winners video in their website.

Can I ask you Mark what this means?
"It’s NOT compulsory for contestants to demonstrate the two single-sided diabolo tricks. However, if contestants wish to do so, the traditional single-sided diabolo is permitted to use while the uni-directional one is banned. Besides, tricks or devices involving FIRE in any way are not permitted. "

I think it does not refer to bearings
"The string...the inertia...the hours"

Mark Tsai

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2016, 12:12:31 am »
Thanks for asking. Afetr checking with the organisers:
Bearing diabolos (either the one for single-sided D or Regular D) are both allowed to be used in this competition. However, the uni-directional bearing D is banned. (This kind of design is probably not popular in Europe…)

Wis

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2016, 09:45:02 am »
Thanks for your answer. Does anybody know the difference between those  bearings?
"The string...the inertia...the hours"

Graham Milligan

no idea, surely single and uni mean basically the same thing
Some Craic!

Mark Tsai

Not exactly…uni-directional bearing D means the bearing axle can be set/fixed to uni-direction only, and you don’t need to turn around all the time while playing with single-sided D. This kind of adjustable axle setting is quite popular in Taiwan nowadays~