Author Topic: Gopro 3 Battery Life  (Read 738 times)

kampfjapanertaro

Gopro 3 Battery Life
« on: June 23, 2016, 01:41:39 pm »
Hi there!
I recently bought a Gopro Hero White 3 with 2 Batterys and I´m thinking of buying one or two extra batteries cuz they dont last very long..... next week I will fly to japan and I´m going to make a Tripvideo with this Gopro.... What is your suggestion? are 2 Batteries enough or should i buy 1 or 2 more? they ain´t cheap though.... but there are some second hand shops with them. .. . .

Nennzz

Re: Gopro 3 Battery Life
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2016, 05:09:00 pm »
It really depends how you're able to charge them. I think 2 is enough because the one battery (at least my gopros battery) lastsabout 2 to 3 hours and during the day you probably don't keep the camera on all the time. But if you don't have chance to charge them you should definetly buy more :)

You should carry a charger with you during the day so if you stop for a lunch somewhere you can charge the battery at the same time :)

Have a good trip! :)

Donald the Trekky

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2016, 10:55:43 am »
Hi, you might also consider to buy an external battery, so you can use it to recharge your gopro and also your phone, tablet and so on. You even can record with your gopro continiously if you keep it pluged to your external battery, that's what I do now. Have a nice trip!

Timo

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2016, 11:56:17 am »
What Donald said! An external Batterie/PowerBank is super useful for stuff like that!

kampfjapanertaro

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2016, 06:07:13 am »
Thanks for your replies!
Sorry. I forgot to tell that I also will take 2 of my DSLRs with me, so the reason why I got myself a Gopro was just to make spontaneous filming, like Vlog, or in Airplanes easier, rather than having a big camera with a big lens in frond of me.
The other reason is just for some under-water-shots at the sea.
I recently spoke with a friend of mine, who also has a Gopro 3 (Black), and he said, 3 Batteries are enough for him. He recommended me to also buy a Triple-charger, that you dont have to wake up at night and change the batteries.
I think I´ll go like him.
But still thanks for your help!
Have a nice summer!
Cheers!
Taro