Author Topic: Open question EJC Diabolo Battle: Rounds and order of playes  (Read 728 times)

Wis

Guys, I am writing the rules and I would love to hear some feedback. Per battle, how many rounds you prefer, from 2 to 3? And which order do you prefer. there are these options
Per battle, per player, with order of players A and B as:

1. Two rounds of 30 seconds, A B A B (traditional order, )

2. Two rounds of 30 seconds, A B B A (this option I believe is more fair, and player B does not have so much advantage, between the first and second rounds of player B the music is cut)

3. 3 rounds of 20 seconds, A B A B A B (they tried in the last battle in Bruxelles and the players said they like it. It allows players to risk more)

4. 3 rounds of 20 seconds, A B B A A B (this option is more fair, I believe, but a bit more complicated)

Please comment :) Any thought is welcome.
"The string...the inertia...the hours"

hirsh21

Re: Open question EJC Diabolo Battle: Rounds and order of playes
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2016, 05:56:37 pm »
Maybe the 3rd one, with 3 rounds. the 4th one is complicated, i think that you gonna lost the audience and the players hahaha

Furlisht

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2016, 07:37:33 pm »
3rd as well, three rounds opens up a lot. With only two rounds, if you fail one, it's pretty much over!

Icebox

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2016, 10:11:17 pm »
I won't be there so my opinion probably won't matter too much, but option 4 can work if you do 30s, 1 min, 1 min, 30s since it'll give players alternating order and the chance to respond appropriately with the tricks you want. You also get a short intro sequence, a longer sequence from each player, and then a shorter outro sequence.

Wis

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2016, 07:49:36 pm »
Ok, so after counting all the votes we got from different sources, the option that won is option 2!
Votes
Option 1: 3
Option 2: 5
Option 3: 4
Option 4: 1
To be honest a couple of people just said two rounds of 30 seconds, but I assigned them to option 2, let's give it a go.
Maybe next year we can try three rounds, we are very curious. Think about it ;)

Richard

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2016, 12:14:58 pm »
This may sound silly, but I'd recommend getting some friends together to do a mock trial the most preferred method OR, visualise doing it while watching videos.

This would be like a mini-rehearsal and would give you an idea of what works or what's too long/drawn out etc.

Wis

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2016, 01:24:57 pm »
Thanks a lot Richard!

So we have that both 1 and 3 were tested in real life. 1 was tested at least twice in the EJC and 3 in the Bruxelles convention.

I think in general both are good. But maybe next year I will prepare a video with the different options. And explaining a bit better the pros and cons of other options. So people can decide better.

Go democracy! you are undergoing some tough times, but Wis is with you.