Author Topic: Henrys Yellow String Emergency  (Read 24794 times)

Matt

• VotW Contributor
Henrys Yellow String Emergency
« on: December 02, 2004, 10:29:33 pm »
Hi everyone!

Basically, I'm looking for vendors (preferably U.S., but basically any vendor who ships to U.S.) who carry the string.  Serious Juggling is out and I just ran out myself.  

Priam's arriving in one week, WJF is in two weeks, and I dont' have any string to use for my diabolo.

This is not good.

Anyone?  

Matt
Many Thanks to Sean for all his work and inspiration.  Respect to the MFP!

seán_

« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2004, 10:44:57 pm »
http://passepasse.com/theshops/index.php?cPath=13_33

You're going to get hammerred on the exchange rate though.
Some of the uk vendors would probably be able to help you, theres a good list on IJDB.

http://www.jugglingdb.com/vendors/

Butterfingers is missing from the uk list.

Maybe another North American could prove more helpfull.

Is there a North American importer for Henrys equipment?

Seán

P.s. Whilst we're here does anybody know where I can get hold of evo3 weights for my finesses. I have tried every shop in the UK that I can think of, none of them can help.

Matt

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2004, 11:22:07 pm »
Thanks guys.

I found a vendor in the US--Air Traffic that was able to hook me up.  I also found that Passe Passe had some as well so I ordered from them as well.  

When it comes to string emergencies, money is no object.  

Matt

norbi

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2004, 11:34:53 pm »
thats a good point, i need to get my a load of string within the next week (a  load being maybe 2 lengths :wink: )

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2004, 12:21:32 am »
Argh! That's not good. I was also counting on replenishing my supply in Vegas. Any chance that Serious Juggling will be getting in a shipment right before the festival like they did for the IJA? I was also planning on picking up another pair of aluminum sticks and some plastic hubs for my axles from Serious Juggling. I'll give them a call shortly.

Running out of string at a time like this is definitely not cool. Hope you get your string soon, Matt!

Sean

seán_

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2004, 12:30:16 am »
well relatives who have been asking me if theres anything I want for christmas have a blank look when I say, 'yellow henrys diabolo string, not the microdiabolo stuff, but the other kind'.

Anyone any ideas on the evo 3 weights?

Seán_

Matt

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2004, 12:45:07 am »
Sean,

I talked to Ben today and he told me they might be getting in a big shipment before Christmas in about 2 weeks (which is precisely when WJF starts).  

As for Ben/Serious Juggling being at the festival, I'm not sure.  You'll have to ask Ben if it's going to happen or not.

Either way, I've ordered 2 spools (1 from Air Traffic in Minnesota for about $22 and 1 from PassePasse for 15 pounds) so I got ya covered.  Heck, call Air Traffic.  I know they've got string.  

Right now I've got two sets of sticks strung up, and they've got to last until I get my new stuff!  No excallibur for a while!   :(

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2004, 01:34:27 am »
Quote from: seán_
well relatives who have been asking me if theres anything I want for christmas have a blank look when I say, 'yellow henrys diabolo string, not the microdiabolo stuff, but the other kind'.

Ha! Yeah, I don't even try. ;)

In terms of online stores for the evolution 3 kits, I have found the following: A German site and a French Site (but this one only seems to sell the 10g variety).

I'm sure there's more, but that's all that google has ever found for me with a quick search.

Thanks for the heads up on the diabolo string availability... if Ben's not going to be at the festival I may order some from elsewhere before the festival. I might need to use an American address to ensure that the 'goods' get to me before the festival (Canadian customs like to take their sweet time sometimes)... hmmm anyone want to volunteer? ;)  I'll e-mail you, Matt, if that becomes an issue.

No excalibur - that's a tragedy! You're missing out on all the fun! The excalibur genocide is brutal... not sure if I'll be anywhere near getting it nailed by the WJF.

Sean

seán_

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2004, 01:56:52 am »
Thanks Sean

I had found them two sites already. The French Site is out of stock and the German one has invalid security certs but is looking like the only option (even though my german is useless :) ).

I am awaiting an email from passepasse, I have sent one to MB (using the address from the under cronstruction site)

I've tried every UK quite a few American, Canadian and European ones and have got as far as looking at eastern european ones.

I have some more thoughts but I think I should start a different thread before the Mods get upset with me :)

Seán

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2004, 03:05:09 am »
Quote from: seán_
I have sent one to MB (using the address from the under cronstruction site)

Uh, huh... good luck. Why don't you ask them what decade they are going to get around to finishing/starting their website while you're at it? :)

I like the subject of this post... no it's not a fire, a tornado, or world famine... it's a "Henrys Yellow String Emergency".  :lol:

I understand your pain.

Sean

Dax

My string just snapped
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2005, 01:31:41 pm »
Does anyone know a good place on the internet where to get some top quality stuff and low low prices??

Please inform me!

seán_

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2005, 02:15:04 pm »
Dax, Henrys yellow seems to be the string of choice I have been having a look for it myself recently. if you buy it probably best to buy it by the roll.

There is a link for shops in the websites sticky. we are using the IDJB shop, club and convention listings rather than reinventing the wheel. Good luck.

Tom Derrick

« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2005, 08:18:15 pm »
I just bought a reel from firetoys.co.uk. It was one of the only UK places I could find that sold larger lengths.

If you want, I'll give you a couple of metres the next time I see you at Oxford juggling club.

Dax

« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2005, 04:14:05 pm »
does anyone know any UK vendors that do Henry's yellow string? I don't feel like paying 17 euros for shipping a 12.50 euro product.

Thanks

Matt_

• Donator
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2005, 10:17:48 pm »
tried www.firetoys.co.uk ? im not sure if it's Henry's or not, it doesn't mention, but it IS yellow  :P

seán_

« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2005, 10:38:52 pm »
nah, its different stuff, not as good as Henrys but better than using some of the stuff some juggling shops sell. Its untreated and a bit soft. Matt_H and DaveP use it and seem happy enough with it.

Put it this way, I have just got two 25m rolls of it (one bought, the other a prize) and I will be looking to get some Henrys yellow (or babache string when it appears) as soon as I can find some.

Tom_G

« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2005, 07:48:13 am »
The Oddballs ( www.oddballs.co.uk ) shop in London has some; I went there a few days ago, but doesn't seem to have it on their website. They have a shop in London and one in Brighton I think.
It takes 24 muscles to smile, 42 to frown, and only 4 to hit someone in the face. Luckily for you, I need the exercise.

Dax

« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2005, 02:41:31 pm »
i have tried oddballs and firetoys and neither of them have it.

Alex

« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2005, 02:29:57 am »
I hate to bring this up after so long, but I need better string, and am having no luck finding Henry's string anywhere.  I noticed that Dube makes string now, and was wondering if anyone has used their string before, and if it's any good?  http://www.dube.com/

Dax

« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2005, 10:00:53 am »
www.firetoys.co.uk now do have henry's yellow string which is probably the stuff about. it is pretty expensive but it's definitely worth it.