Author Topic: Henrys Yellow String Emergency  (Read 24804 times)

Henrys Yellow String Emergency
« Reply #40 on: April 27, 2005, 12:42:24 am »
So you think it's almost the same as Henry's yellow, eh.  Have you tried the Babache yellow?  Do you know whether the diameter is the same as Henry's yellow?  That hot pink looks attractive too!   Hmm, which one to order.

Julian

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #41 on: April 27, 2005, 12:48:22 am »
I haven't tried it myself. Priam now uses the Babache yellow. He told me it's basically the same as the henrys stuff. I'll be trying some out as soon as I work my way through the 75 meters of string I now have.

I don't know about the diameter. It looked similar to me. I believe the pink might be the string Baptiste used in the Japanese section of Diabology. Am I wrong?

w35ku

« Reply #42 on: April 27, 2005, 09:02:13 pm »
Hi guys, this is maybe an idiot question but... let's try to ask.. :P

Is the Henry's Yellow string the best ?
don't tell if YOU like the string or not, just if IT IS the best :P
Forum: Zuko @ www.zuko.tk
You can find:
Juggling
Multiplex Juggling
And Diabolation

kragen

« Reply #43 on: April 28, 2005, 11:10:17 am »
you know that doesnt make any sense at all - you cant have a "the best" - you just have the string that the majority prefer the most ;)

But to answer your question anyway...

Yes it is the best :P
Justin
Gravity Vomit - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.

Ed

« Reply #44 on: April 28, 2005, 05:25:13 pm »
Quote from: kragen
you know that doesnt make any sense at all - you cant have a "the best" - you just have the string that the majority prefer the most ;)

But to answer your question anyway...

Yes it is the best :P

Yas you can only have your own personal favourite/best.

In terms of "best" it lasts the longest and is the slickest.

But my favourite is plain white nylon string from my local  "kit box" shop :wink:

w35ku

« Reply #45 on: April 28, 2005, 08:27:57 pm »
ok thanks boys, but i live in finland and i cant buy it there.... none(i mean no juggling store) sells it....

any other good strings what i can buy from  any store ? (like kwik-E-mart in US or some kind of car/boat reserve piece store )... .!!! ?
Forum: Zuko @ www.zuko.tk
You can find:
Juggling
Multiplex Juggling
And Diabolation

seán_

« Reply #46 on: April 28, 2005, 08:53:38 pm »
w35ku, any juggling store that can get hold of henrys diabolos should be able get hold of it for you, you might have to wait but if they get the idea that every diaboloist in the country will want it they might show some interest. same probably for the babache stuff (though you have to deal with them being slacker than henrys in getting stuff onto the market)

also in the links sticky there is a link to the IJDB vendors list that covers the world, it might be worth loking into a shop that is willing to ship overseas  to you, whichever offers the best rate of exchange/postage

it might be worth checking out diy stores, if you have an idea what kind of string yoiu are looking for you might be able to pick up something simmilar, good luck.

« Reply #47 on: May 05, 2005, 03:43:05 am »
So my roll of yellow Babache arrived today.  I immediately started using it and found that it's way too slippery.  If I try to do a wrap start the diabolo just slides down and hits the other one.  I have never used such slick string, is there a way to break it in faster?  The yellow looks nice though, way nicer than dirty white string.

Julian

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #48 on: May 05, 2005, 07:59:18 am »
Quote from: |}{|  Julian  |}{|
have never used such slick string, is there a way to break it in faster?

Norbi's soap trick works well. Start here and work your way down. Have you used Henrys yellow before? Can you compare the two? Many people would say the same thing about Henrys yellow. (Strangely enough you can get used to the slipperiness but it's always hard to adjust at first.)

Martijn

« Reply #49 on: May 05, 2005, 08:37:54 am »
a while ago, I used some fine sandpaper to make the Henry's yellow a bit less slippery. But then I discovered it ruins the string! so don't do that :wink:

Now, I'm used to the slipperiness :)
download Made in Taiwan at www.arjangroenendijk.nl

Matt_

• Donator
« Reply #50 on: May 05, 2005, 08:38:37 am »
i love the slipperiness of henry's yellow. it's kind of fun to break in a new string, eh?

norbi

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #51 on: May 05, 2005, 11:35:37 am »
i'm all about speed, and unless i wanna go old school like Dave P  :wink:  i need my backwraps to work well. Granted they start working reasonably soon if you can wear the string in well, but a little soap just speeds it up (pun intended) loads.

« Reply #52 on: May 06, 2005, 12:31:12 am »
Thanks, I'll give the soap a try.  This is my first time using Babache yellow so maybe I just have to get used to it.  It's just annoying that I can't wrap start or hover to start two because it's so slippery.  

Julian

« Reply #53 on: May 06, 2005, 02:38:51 am »
So I tried the soap trick and my string shrunk quite a bit.  I started diaboloing and it is noticeably shorter.  This is the Babache yellow, does this happen to the Henrys yellow?  It looks like it shrunk up and got fatter.  It's thicker now than the stuff on the spool.  Weird.

Julian

Chiok

• Donator
« Reply #54 on: May 07, 2005, 10:21:24 pm »
All this talk of making string less slippery is all well and good when you're trying to break in a new string asap.  But what about when you want your string more slippery.  For example, it's still fine string, just grubby so grips like a bugger.  I don't wanna change the string because that's just hassle.  Does putting it through the washing machine actually work?

Chiok
(apologies for the solid paragraph, I smell like a barbeque)
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills

Alex

« Reply #55 on: May 07, 2005, 10:30:33 pm »
When I tried the soap thing, it ruined the string.  It worked for a little bit pretty well, but soon the diabolos started wrapping up a lot.  Maybe I just used some bad kind of soap?

If you can't get Henry's string, you might want to try Yale Cordage Racing Braid, 1/16 of an inch diameter  I found it at a boating shop when trying out alternative strings, and it works almost as good as Henry's. (Almost, but not quite).  Also, it's quite a bit cheaper than Henry's.

seán_

« Reply #56 on: May 08, 2005, 03:44:04 am »
Dave P introduced me to the joy of furniture polish spray a while back to keep strings slippy. He used a *very* fine misting as and when needed, This was with  Beard string, I don't know if he does this with henrys string.

TimEllis

« Reply #57 on: December 23, 2005, 11:55:12 pm »
I buy my yellow string from Higgins Brothers.  Do you know if it's Henry's?  I like the string a lot.  Thanks.
Keeping the world safe from boring people,

Tim Ellis

Check out my YouTube tutorials! 
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=TimEllis

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #58 on: December 24, 2005, 02:10:59 am »
Quote from: The Ska Boss
I buy my yellow string from Higgins Brothers.  Do you know if it's Henry's?...
'tis Mister Babache I believe.

mike.

• VotW Contributor
Re: Henrys Yellow String Emergency
« Reply #59 on: August 16, 2008, 02:26:07 am »
jugglingstore.com i like the henry's orange too
can't believe its not butter