Author Topic: Im stuck with 2 diabolos, PLS HELP!!!  (Read 1381 times)

Brian60158

Im stuck with 2 diabolos, PLS HELP!!!
« on: August 10, 2016, 08:04:07 am »
So as the title says i am stuck on 2 diabolos, and I need help. I can start and I'm getting a lot better at correcting the 2 diabolos, my problem is actually getting better from here. I don't know what tricks to start with, I don't know what to do, I've tried just doing a sun through the arms every now and then but I can't get it for the life of me. The left diabolo always raps when I do a sun. Honestly all I need to know is maybe what are tricks that I should know before I can officially say I'm decent at 2 diabolos because I don't know what to even do when it comes to two diabolos, THANKS FOR THE HELP!!!  :embarassed:

daynhues

Re: Im stuck with 2 diabolos, PLS HELP!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2016, 03:27:47 am »
Hey! So there are TONS of people SIGNIFICANTLY more qualified at answering this than me so take this with a grain of salt.

I think the sun is definitely a good one to start with, It's definitely tough at first but focus on keeping your hands close together to help stop one from wrapping and I'd say really focus on trying to use the natural momentum of the yoyos to get the sun instead of just forcing it.

I think a really good trick would be vortex (great tutorial + variations here http://juggling.tv/1169#id=http://juggling.tv/nuevo/econfig.php?key=a7676cf665225e236a3d)
It definitely builds your control of two and it's not a super complex trick (although it definitely takes a bit to get used to) and from there you can also link it to so many other tricks like fan and all sorts of other variations like in the video.

Also lastly, less so tricks but still good things to practice and help you gain control, would be 1) popping one up out of the pattern and then catching it back in 2) being able to easily wrap and unwrap the diabolo and stalling it in a trapeze

Also, I'm pretty sure there is a 2 diabolo thread somewhere on here that you should definitely check out :)

Brian60158

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2016, 04:12:55 am »
Thanks so much I wil practice the vortex and many of the other things u have said. Thanks again :)

Icebox

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2016, 03:21:37 am »
Pretty much just reiterating what Daynhues said, practicing basic control tricks and becoming comfortable with the shuffle is the most important part for you right now. Practice accelerating and suns, the vortex and minicolumns would be the next steps to adding control. Even just manipulating the shuffle (making it bigger, speeding up/slowing down) will really help you long term.

As far as dealing with the wrap that happens when you're trying to do suns right now, keep your right hand all the way forward and watch the diabolo that comes around second to make sure that it comes over the top of the right stick. It ends up with a wrap because a sun is **sort of** putting a wrap on the diabolo that's "on the right" and then taking that wrap off immediately with the right stick, and you're not fully unwrapping the diabolo as it comes around.

Brian60158

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2016, 08:08:38 am »
Thanks so much to the both of u, I've been stuck on two diabolos for nearly 2 months because I only know 1 other diabolosist that can do two diabolos and he's basically at my level, the only difference is that he can toss 2 high and I can't.

Pipspin

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2018, 08:39:12 am »