Author Topic: exiting the sfan hyperloop problem  (Read 1080 times)

Shan

exiting the sfan hyperloop problem
« on: September 23, 2016, 02:41:32 pm »

string structure

It ' s a 50-50 chance of exiting , right?

Wis

Re: exiting the sfan hyperloop problem
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2016, 05:45:38 pm »
What?

EDIT: Today I could see the pictures, I don't know why previously I could only see the YouTube
"The string...the inertia...the hours"

samuli

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2016, 12:21:15 pm »
yes, you need to know which diabolo you open it.

If you would do the hyperloop, like 4A Yoyo-player would do it you would have both diabolos on same side of the string and then
'hyperloop' is basically two diabolos spinning in the same twist and then forcing this in the fan movement. Then you can open it much more easily as you would always know how to lift it open. The version with diabolos on different sides of the string is much more complicated with this 50/50 thing.
www.fdc2016.org /www.supiainen.com

Jannis

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2016, 02:46:28 pm »
chances are "50:50" if you think of it this way. but there is a little more to it.
this was discussed in the diabolotreff.de forum years ago too i think.
the problem is, that you have to exit the trick with the correct diabolo at the correct point.
1 diabolo is the upper diabolo and 1 diaolo is the lower one, wich one is wich changes once per hyperloop rotation. to exit the trick you have to get it out when the correct diabolo (chances are 50:50 that it is the correct one) is the upper one.
but catching the right moment to exit isn't 50:50, because in a hyperloop rotation you can't exit for like 80% of the rotation.
so catching that breif moment to exit AND having the right diabolo on top doesn't quite add up to 50%.