Author Topic: Diabolo Collaboration Video 2016  (Read 7599 times)

Clément

• VotW Contributor
Diabolo Collaboration Video 2016
« on: November 20, 2016, 10:08:45 am »
Okay Guys it's time !

This is the Diabolo.ca Collaboration Video 2016 , i hope you gonna like it !

Link :

The selection of the trick was really hard cause i have more than 100 clips !!! So like a said before i select the tricks with the better place, creativity,style, dynamic !

But now enjoy and tell me what do you think about this collab :D

Youtube Description :

Hey guys, this is the diabolo.ca collaboration Video 2016, with 41 diaboloplayers from 17 different countries !

Songs :
Nude - Silent Rider Remix
Nomyn - Daydreamer
Nomyn - Dreamcatcher
Stranger Things Theme - Remix

Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/clement.lule

Hope you guys like it.

Clément Lulé.
Clemodiab

Wis

Re: Diabolo Collaboration Video 2016
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2016, 11:45:26 am »
This is so good I want to cry of joy :)
Thanks Clément and everybody contributing!
"The string...the inertia...the hours"

aaro

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2016, 12:12:15 pm »
Kinda bummed for not getting included. Nice video tho, crazy tricks. 
Was not so excited about the meditation music.

Chloé F.

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2016, 02:13:21 pm »
Nice editing Clément!
I have to not agree on the "the selection was hard", I can understand that you can't include everybody in the collab, but then you could have put only one clip of each person, rather than 3 or 4 clips of the same people (even though the tricks were very good!) and when you say that you selected the clips with the best background, I also think you could have filmed better stuff around Paris than just in the 104 or in front of a portal... The collab spirit is not to include only "the best" people, but to show how everybody have their place in the forum and in the community.
Finally, as you have received so many clips, you could have done like in 2008 with a 2-part collab video. Twice as much hype for the video!
I guess many people share my opinion as there were several disappointments at the release of the collab.

Chloé
There's nothing but what's bearable as long as a man can play diabolo.

Jannis

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2016, 02:27:08 pm »
clement, you did so well! awesome collab! although i would have went with a different kind of music, but that's just personal preference i guess ;)

thank you, clement, very much for editing. and thanks to everyone else who send a clip in. this year we pulled up an awesome video :)

Arjan

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2016, 07:49:54 pm »
Hello everyone,

I am personally very happy to see this years collab released. Just the sheer amount of awesomeness made me feel really happy.
The choices of music, a thing of taste, I was also happy with. Same with the overall editing. But, sadly there is one (maybe two) thing(s) I am missing; our female friends. I don't know how many girls send in clips, but I was hoping to have seen more.
Also, I kind of agree with Chloe, the collab should also show all the faces. It isn't only about technique, it's a community effort. I personally think 2 clips a person (one creative, one beast mode) should always be a good balance. But I have never taken the massive job of an editor upon me, and, I understand you can't always please them all. Therefore, I hope it is clear I am not saying this is ****, or bad job, clearly it is an amazing collab, seriously. But I can see and (partly) support the points others have pointed out. So next year, more (gender) diversity folks (sisters!!)

Richard

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2016, 08:42:28 pm »
Amazing video, skills and editing.

Still, I think it takes away the spirit of the collab to leave people out, especially when others got more than one trick there.

I put a fair bit of effort into filming for this to not be included :/

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2016, 08:52:03 pm »
I m disappointed too for not be in the video.I thought that was a video about the people of the forum with different diabolo levels, not a video only for pros.
  :(

Valerian

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2016, 11:18:43 pm »
Hi!

Thats an awesome Collaboration Video this year! :) Thanks Clement for this!
The level is really high and it makes me also really happy to watch it. I like the music ;)

But i also have to say, that i totally agree Chloes and Arjans statement.

Valerian
Peace!

Dominik

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2016, 08:20:19 am »
First of all, thanks to everyone that participated (also the ones that unfortunately didn't make it into the video).

To me it's undoubtly the best collab so far skill/quality wise and you did a great job editing the video.
The only thing that bothers me is the lack of diversity as discussed previously, since I miss any younger or female participants (and I know that some clips were sent in).

But I won't complain too much about this. The result is more than just worth watching. Thanks!

Wis

« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2016, 12:15:49 pm »
Ok, I have split this topic. This topic is to write about the collab and state things that you liked or disliked in the video.

Please if you want to speak about how d.ca diabolo collaborations should look like (in the future) go to this thread:
http://diabolo.ca/forum/index.php?topic=12867.msg119155#msg119155

"The string...the inertia...the hours"

Théo_Scarito

« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2016, 07:04:58 pm »
That was so TASTY to watch !
Best collaboration video ever !!!!

Peace

MBg4

« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2016, 04:27:45 am »
I've been out of the game for about a year now, but WOW diabolo has evolved so much.