Author Topic: Hamish Smithers NJC 2017 Routine  (Read 563 times)

Toddyupa

Hamish Smithers NJC 2017 Routine
« on: February 19, 2017, 04:43:59 am »
Hey guys!
Here is my routine from Newcastle Juggling Convention 2017. I hope you like it!

pretentious 12 year old

Icebox

Re: Hamish Smithers NJC 2017 Routine
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2017, 06:29:00 am »
Is it actually true that you had more than two years between posts??????? (I know the answer is yes because I checked)

Is this raw video? If it is, then you have immaculate timing, and a solid amount of the musical cues were bang on. If this has been edited/had a track overlaid, I'd still be super interested in seeing raw video just so I can see exactly what the audience saw.

Either way, it's awesome to see you post something again Hamish :D

P.S. your current signature vastly undersells yourself

Toddyupa

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2017, 07:21:08 am »
Is it actually true that you had more than two years between posts??????? (I know the answer is yes because I checked)

Is this raw video? If it is, then you have immaculate timing, and a solid amount of the musical cues were bang on. If this has been edited/had a track overlaid, I'd still be super interested in seeing raw video just so I can see exactly what the audience saw.

Either way, it's awesome to see you post something again Hamish :D

P.S. your current signature vastly undersells yourself

It HAS been two years... life has been pretty crazy. I've still been training and going to festivals here and there, even posting some stuff, but yeah. Stuff doesn't always work out the way you would like it to. Just gotta keep trucking through! Hopefully I'll be able to be a bit more active now but... we'll see!

This is basically raw video. The music has been laid over the same music that was live, so it sounds nicer (music recorded from a live venue into a bad camera mic doesn't sound nice!), but the timing of the music hasn't been changed in anyway. I've been performing diabolo for like 7 years or something, and I think I've always just had a natural talent for timing to some degree, so I'm glad that it looks well timed! There is a small amount of editing to make things look cool here and there as well. I like trying to edit my performance videos a bit to try add a bit of flair (the trouble for me is not going too far and making it a mess!)

I'm glad you liked it though :)

And I think pretentious 12 year old is an... 'accurate enough' description haha :P
pretentious 12 year old

Wis

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2017, 03:20:28 pm »
Great to see you are still at it, and that your skills are that solid. Good performance.
"The string...the inertia...the hours"