Author Topic: Explanation or tutorial needed (trapeze instead of wrap)  (Read 2144 times)

fredo

Explanation or tutorial needed (trapeze instead of wrap)
« on: January 07, 2006, 07:23:33 pm »
Hi,

I couldn't find the right thread to put my question in, so I created a new one.

When Antonin, Diabolumberto and others do a left hand Clockwise Genocide (the one that starts without darkside), they catch the diabolo so that they have a sortof trapeze/stopover at the end. When I do this trick, I get always into a direct wrap and the stick is very fast and hard to catch.

What's the trick of the trick? Just to catch it very nearly to the left stick?

And the other one is the sort of chinese suicide of ryo yabe's 2d start. what exactly does he do there?

Thank you

Valium

• Donator
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2006, 10:06:57 pm »
I just try to put the tip of the stick a bit forward when the string hits the diabolo. That works for me to get it into that sort of stopover

you could also make some kind of infinite suicide movement with your left hand

seán_

Re: Explanation or tutorial needed (tapeze insteaad of wrap)
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2006, 10:34:58 pm »
Quote from: fredo

And the other one is the sort of chinese suicide of ryo yabe's 2d start. what exactly does he do there?

I believe its based on quite an old school trick (because Donald Grant showed me it :) )

with 1d do a rhbw, do chinese accerations, give it a good bounce up bring your rh further to the left than usual, allow the right handstick tip to hit the left side of the string and move your rhand back to the right (this puts you in a rh trapeze/stopover) from there its a chinese suicide.

fredo

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2006, 12:45:00 am »
Thank you both. Sry, the first question was quite useless, I tried it twice and got it... But thanks for the other one anyway