Author Topic: Diabolo costume - what do you wear when performing diabolo?  (Read 3997 times)

Scooby

Diabolo costume - what do you wear when performing diabolo?
« on: December 05, 2005, 02:35:11 pm »
what costume do you use when Performing with the diabolo?

i ask this question because i have just realised that a suite with tails, even thought they look awsome, is not good for diabolo

i did a leg combo ending up with both legs and throwing behind my back and having the tails over my shoulders..  didnt go to well with the whole "look good" thing
------------------------------------------------
ALL YOUR DIABOLO ARE BELONG TO US!!!
------------------------------------------------

eggy900

« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2005, 04:00:24 pm »
i wear my vertical reality t-shirt and zebra stripe shorts or trousers, i think there's probably some pics on http://www.verticalreality.co.uk

seán_

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2005, 05:25:29 pm »
1940's zoot suit and matching felt trilby, and some blue and grey 2 tone brogues... 8) (dont forget the umbrella).

I found myself getting caught up on some stuff and the back haunches up on some moves sometimes.

Bit weird getting used to the suit because I usually prefer to have my arms bare when diaboloing. Also I always said after quitting my last proper job that the next time you'd get me in a suit is when you are laying me out.

Squiggle

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2005, 07:46:50 pm »
Hey recently i Was in a show peformed by  my youth circus there was a main section where all the peformance troupe was blues brothers styles

so i had to wear black pants , white shirt and tie and a hat .  8)  

And I also had a busking comp which i just wore a pair of jeans and a black singlet .

Chiok

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2005, 08:07:40 pm »
Wearing a suit or tails or anything jacket-like really looks the business (I believe a performed at the NJF 05 wore tails for his diabolo routine) but you've gotta be careful with anything that isn't securely fastened to you that it will probably flail around getting in the way.  I tried diabolo in my coat and that didn't work at all.  My arms were too restricted and it got in the way, but I probably looked awesome.

So, the advice is, if you're gonna wear a suit, button it up, and make sure you can hunch your shoulders and stretch your arms as required.
(Are there photos of your outfit from Leeds Seán?  I've heard so much about it)

Chiok
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills

fredo

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2005, 09:12:43 pm »
When performing in a varieté, I use a gold pants and a black tight pullover and a black/gold vest over it (and of course my dancing shoes, very good for pirouettes :D )

At school shows I often wear a polo and normal jeans 8), cuz I do freestyle, I sometimes even don't have a routine...

For blacklight and luminous kit shows black of course, white gloves are good

Sharpes

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2005, 11:27:04 pm »
fredo, are you talking like, big time fancy professional varietes?
Jacob and Nate Sharpe

fredo

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2005, 08:19:05 pm »
It's a small varieté, up to 200(?) people, I think.

chris_cabry

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2005, 12:07:04 pm »
Quote from: Chiok
(Are there photos of your outfit from Leeds Seán?  I've heard so much about it)

Chiok

Yes i have some but i will have to get permission of Seán before i  post them on the net

Chris
Two cups and an axle!!
2cupsandanaxle@gmail.com