Author Topic: Juggling Games for Diabolos at Conventions  (Read 453 times)

kampfjapanertaro

Juggling Games for Diabolos at Conventions
« on: September 21, 2017, 12:22:14 am »
Hi everyone!
Last week I was at the Berliner Juggling Convention (it was awesome) and I was (again) disappointed by the Juggling game because I, as a Diaboloplayer wasn´t satisfied with just 1 out of . . . maybe 10  Games which was the classic "Throw the diabolo into a MOTHERF089146 cartoonbox because . . . thats basically what playing diabolos is!"
The most annoying thing to me was, that even poi players (nothing against them) could participate too.
Result: Out of 15 Diabolists and 3 Poiplayers, 1 Poi landed in that winning box. Yeah.... thats . . . . fuuuun. :D
Now. What I want is to make a video as a message to all the jugglers and especially those, who often get to moderate juggling games.
For that I need your help:
First, think of any sorts of creative and fun games with Diabolos and if possible make a video.
Second. After you took that video, come to the camera and say: "DIABOLOS HATE CARTOON BOXES"
If you like conventions, but hate boxes too, I´d be very happy to make a message to the juggling world with people from all over the world for us all.
#DIABOLOSHATECARTOONBOXES #DIABOLOGAMES
Greetings from Austria
Taro

Ronnie

• VotW Contributor
Re: Juggling Games for Diabolos at Conventions
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2017, 01:11:00 am »
Sign me up! I remember creating 2 games with some friends at the BJC in 2013 that I'd love to see get more popular!

As a side note though, you mean cardboard right? Because I know 'karton' is cardboard in German but I can see how one might think it translates as cartoon ;) All I'm saying is that I've never been asked to throw my diabolo at a cartoon box  :-D

Wis

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2017, 01:22:04 pm »
Such a visceral post, I love it!!

I have enjoyed playing, 2 diabolos fan, races (better with a circular track so people need to restart the fun or run backwards), 2 diabolos gladiators was also fun when I tried.
Like them? If something I can try to record something.

Btw, it was great meeting you in Berlin!

And Roonie, looks like the words are actually related

"The string...the inertia...the hours"

kampfjapanertaro

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2017, 11:12:28 am »
@ ronnie Yes. I meant cardboard boxes xD I´d love to hear about your 2 games you created!

@ wis It was my pleasure meeting you. :)  Is that 2d fan race with obsticals? I can´t imagine it yet... maybe sebi knows about that  game.

I was also thinking of building Teams and making a LOSER-Battle like that. for example the judge says what trick to do and at least 2 of , lets say 5 diabolists of each team has to pull it off. otherwise they get a letter.
(this has to be at a large convention with lots of diabolo players. or teams with less diabolists)

do you have any more Ideas?

Wis

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2017, 08:25:22 am »
Taro, with obstacles, that sounds awesome! The 2D fan race I did was in a circle, with no obstacles. It can be made like an ellipse to see mostly people running front and backwards, although keeping a fan walking on a side is also curious.
But I think some obstacles, would make it hilarious.

The obstacles made me think of 2d fan limbo...

LOSER battle like sounds awesome. The usual problem with repeating in diabolo is delimiting what is a trick and what is a combo. Average long combos that are easy may be hard to repeat in less than 2 minutes. But surely some nice rules can solve this.
"The string...the inertia...the hours"

samuli

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2017, 10:36:47 am »
How about the game of Diabolothon?

www.fdc2016.org /www.supiainen.com