Author Topic: Diabolo.ca collaboration 2017: Choosing editor  (Read 750 times)

Wis

Diabolo.ca collaboration 2017: Choosing editor
« on: October 16, 2017, 02:50:40 pm »
Hi there,

I know there is at least one person that would like to edit this year. So please everybody, candidate until end of the week. It is a very short period of time but we just cannot afford waiting. We will try to get the voting and everything until middle of next week.

"The string...the inertia...the hours"

Max van der Pijl

Re: Diabolo.ca collaboration 2017: Choosing editor
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2017, 02:54:43 pm »
After years of waiting in anticipation for the diabolo.ca collaboration video, I would really like too edit it.

Arjan

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2017, 09:34:17 pm »
Well, this is very positive Max! Where could I vote for an editor, could anyone tell me?

Wis

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2017, 10:06:48 am »
Yeah, we wait until Sunday for candidates. Then if nobody else candidates Max gets the torch and starts the show. If somebody candidates, then I will set up a voting and we wait until end of the next week to vote.

Everybody that agrees, do not post anything :)

Wis

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2017, 02:31:16 pm »
Thank you everybody for the agreement. Max, the show is yours, write a post, encourage people, let me know if I can help. Etc.

Thank you for volunteering!!

the_vik_vh

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2017, 07:39:59 pm »
Hi

Is there already an account for submitting videos for the collab? I am almost done with exams so i might go film a bit in the near future!

Cheers

-Viktor

Wis

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2017, 12:27:00 pm »
Hi everybody!

I would like to inform that some personal issues affected Max lately, and that is why the delay. Please be patient, if anybody wants to already share any footage. I will make of temporary proxy for the videos.

Some rules, that should help you to record nicely. I encourage you to follow them as much as possible:
- Record yourself in a good light. Avoid twilight (also the books and the films)
- Record yourself in a nice environment.
- Try not to repeat tricks.
- Try to be creative.
- Use some stable recording device, tripod, etc
- Smile, life is good and you are even better
- Record complex tricks from more than one angle
- I feel short videos are most likely to be included, sending long suicide routines of 30 seconds, is not very gentle towards the other diabolo.ca users (my personal opinion)
- We will try to include AS MANY PEOPLE AS POSSIBLE (see this thread http://diabolo.ca/forum/index.php?topic=12867.0) so please follow the rules in this post and help us to include your video :)

My email is lmherbai (at) gmail (dot) com

and my Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/lhdezbailon