Author Topic: 1 D-Tutorials_ 'Star' logo/figure  (Read 13054 times)

mofro

• Donator
Re: 1 D-Tutorials_ 'Star' logo/figure
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2008, 05:17:49 pm »
ok apart from you?
**** fixed and bring on the slack!

Diabolo Dodson

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2008, 05:42:55 pm »
I dont no what it is, but id like to no.

thetemple94

« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2008, 05:48:39 pm »
I know of the yo-yo trick but on diabolo, absolutely not.

Temps
Why Bother When You Can Diabolo?

Ben.

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2008, 05:48:59 pm »
perhaps... learn to plastic? Thats a j whip.

Matt?

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2008, 10:04:48 pm »
I know of the yo-yo trick but on diabolo, absolutely not.

lol, watch some videos dude, i swear its on diabolotricks aswell  ??? if you know it on yoyo...then i really dont understand why you cant see it on a diabolo
i go for walk now? it easy to find papers! look, i got this bag of filters!

Alex!

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2008, 11:56:01 pm »
I know.
Go me and my vast intellect.
STOP! HAMMER 'TIJN

Diabolo88

• Donator
« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2008, 12:50:03 am »
@Dennis

Sure thing I will try making a video of it tomorrow. My real camera broke down though so I´ll be using a handcamera. Quality should still be OK to see but it´s only possible to film for approx 2 mins in a row with the handcam so the tricks will all be done quite fast.

The position you get before the whip comes across can also be used for an "instant triforce" by missing the diabolo and letting it go past the loop. Turning it will give another knot (which I haven´t named) where you later drop it through an entire set of strings to make it look almost like a reverse web. From there you can do pretty much whatever you want since it ends up like a single knot (it just looks a bit different).

Triforce won´t look like exactly Moffetts version because the triangle will be separated and the diabolo will be in it´s own loop (so it´s not as nicelooking to out of). I´ll film all of it rather than explaining further ;).

Update. Here is the trick:

The camera was put around kneeheight so visibility might be bad. If anything specific is hard to see I can help.

Aaron Z

« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2008, 03:24:52 pm »
Would someone please actually explain what the hell a plastic whip IS, rather than just keeping it to yourselves?

It's really annoying when someone just uses an uncommon term, someone posts that they don't understand it, and then people that do know just post in agreement to the first, thus not contributing at all.  >:(

Kingsid3

« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2008, 08:01:10 pm »
A Plastic whip is a yo-yo trick which is used for an entry to a gyro flop(am i correct enliten me Langzers) You take the yo off a trapeze and hang it off your finger and then throw the loop around.

Ben.

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2008, 09:34:37 pm »
A Plastic whip is a yo-yo trick which is used for an entry to a gyro flop(am i correct enliten me Langzers) You take the yo off a trapeze and hang it off your finger and then throw the loop around.
wrong.
it is a yoyo trick used to get into green triangles and other mounts which involves the yoyo just hanging and you form a slack that goes over the top of your hand to the right and under the axle.
let me just clarify this... a plastic whip is another term for J-whip

perhaps... learn to plastic? Thats a j whip.

Adamer15

« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2008, 10:47:39 am »
J-Whip for people who cant

Step 1: Cats cradle
Step 2: Slide the string of the left stick off the stick make sure your holding the string around your right stick (As in pressing it down with your thumb)
Step 3: Now you are left with a piece of "slack" string that your holding simply put it UNDER the axle And you got a J-whip

Hope this helps

~Adam
Will eat for Diabolo!

DaviD Brackpool

« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2008, 02:41:12 pm »
ive been trying this one for a while with little success until your tuitorial, thanks alot for sharing and please say theres plenty more were that came from

db
by the time you've finished reading this you've wasted roughly 8 seconds of your life.

Ben.

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2008, 02:46:15 pm »
another simpler way is to do an inverse trapeze, point your right stick to the right, pinch with thumb on the stick and then trapeze it back onto string. slip knot off the end of the stick and then whip slack round and underneath.
pretty bad explanation but do you get the jist?

Will G

« Reply #33 on: June 10, 2008, 09:24:09 pm »
Just a few words to say. Left backside. Right Trapeze. Back Cup C-Whip Pretty similar to a front cup J-Whip.  You can do Star Cradle, Eiffel Tower etc from it.   

zwiggelbig

• Donator
« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2008, 12:56:10 pm »
is the whip thingy in the begining the same as a trapeze?

Almost. But when you do a trapeze and you put your stick true it and you land the diabolo on the string below the cross you are in the same position

Diabolo Bro

« Reply #35 on: June 29, 2008, 03:10:19 pm »
Dracodragon did this exact trick in GO Draco with Diabolo a while ago.
98 percent of the population will die at some point in their lives.