Author Topic: Making your own sticks  (Read 26427 times)

Chiok

• Donator
Re: Making your own sticks
« Reply #80 on: September 27, 2007, 01:19:31 am »
Thanks Nico for those links.  What I was trying to get across in my post was that you can acquire the small number of materials you require (in these cases 1 or 2) by buying the parts I listed from a shop that would sell them (kite shop for spars, camping or car equipment shops for tent poles and sports and archery stores for arrow shafts).

But hopefully you're sorted now.  Of course buying through a distributor of exclusive carbon fibre rods will be asking for large quantities.  Unless of course you ask for a sample of their range for evaluation purposes ;-)  That's how I managed to get some Ultrasuede from Ultrafabrics in the USA, there was enough material in the swatches I received to make one six-panel ball.  Not very useful, but feels lovely and soft.

Chiok
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills

diabolofreak617

Re: Making your own sticks
« Reply #81 on: September 27, 2007, 03:18:40 am »
What I was trying to get across in my post was that you can acquire the small number of materials you require (in these cases 1 or 2) by buying the parts I listed from a shop that would sell them (kite shop for spars, camping or car equipment shops for tent poles and sports and archery stores for arrow shafts).

I forgot to thank you earlier for those ideas on where to acquire those materials. I have to admit that I didn't think of kite or camping stores as suppliers of what I was looking for. Well, maybe in a month or two I'll have to drag this thread to life again to present another pair of sticks. Thanks again for the help.

Jon   
If Diaboloing was easy then everyone would be doing it.