Author Topic: Illuminated diabolo sticks!  (Read 65033 times)

JyNo

Illuminated diabolo sticks!
« Reply #40 on: March 02, 2006, 11:26:32 pm »
Wow!!, they are amazing man!! excellent idea!! I love them!! are you selling those things?? great stuff

Martijn

« Reply #41 on: March 03, 2006, 12:16:13 am »
Yeah, those sticks are very sweet, nice work man!

Are they rechargable, are they fragile?
download Made in Taiwan at www.arjangroenendijk.nl

jelen

« Reply #42 on: March 03, 2006, 06:04:22 pm »
wow, very amazing sticks!!! I'm interested in buying them, I'm from madrid so it isn't "so" far from canary islands

mywristhurts

« Reply #43 on: March 04, 2006, 03:12:09 am »
Beautiful sticks! Very nice craftsmanship!  One thought, you should try fulorescent acrylic.  It my experience with light up sticks, it seems to be brighter than clear acrylic. (when used with same color LED's. For example: fulorescent red acrylic with red LED's).  Also, where did you get the grips,  and what are they made from?
@__________russ

foch

« Reply #44 on: March 04, 2006, 04:07:16 pm »
Could you make a juggling video of you (or somebody else !) using these sticks ? I'd really like to see the result !!!
I'm an alien, I'm a legal alien
I'm a Frenchman in England

reidbelstock

Light Diabolo Handsticks
« Reply #45 on: March 07, 2006, 05:45:14 am »
I built some sticks that worked pretty well.  I used Cool Neon, with the smallest sequencers cool neon sells.  I used a Fiberglass Diabolo Handstick, and wrapped the neon from the top of the handle to the top of the stick, and then covered it wth a piece of clear Lexan tube.  I believe it was a 3/4 inch tube.  It was very visible, and was not very heavy.  The only difficult part was adhearing the sequencer to the stick.

OLOBAID

• VotW Contributor
Update!
« Reply #46 on: March 14, 2006, 02:59:51 pm »
@reidbelstock
Yeah, i was thinking about those neons aswell, but isnt it very fragile?

@foch
I buyed me a webcam, and want to make a short clip today evening!
but i dont know how to post a video i think its the same like the pics but i dont have a clue where to get the webspace! can anybody help me with this?

@yourwristhurts(i know!)
I'll try that, hope i can get them at my dealer! just tube!

@jelen
Hola, buenas tardes diabolera! :wink: perdone, mi espanol esta muy mal!
i wish there would be more girls playing diabolo - most of the girls i know just dont have the patience to try more than 10 minutes! you are doing 2d(or more?)-RESPECT! see the "@everybody" point...

@Martijn
Rechargeable-if you place rechargeable buttoncells(same like in Evol4)in them. But there is no jack to simply plug in if you mean that, you have to use an recharger for buttoncells. Maybe in future!
I think they are not fragile but it really depends on the surrounding and the speed of the swinging stick! hitting concrete floor with full speed is not recommended-i killed one of my prototypesticks yesterday in this way :cry: but it was the first one at all and i was playing in different places, never killed one elsewhere :) !

@JyNo&Punkerpanda
Thank you, i really need to read your nice words!
see the "@everybody" point...

@TD Moses
Soon, soon you'll have them...

@looby
Thanks, if i could understand what there is written would be cool!
Its just that juristic stuff is making me nuts, but i'll do it anyway!

@TyeTye
Let me know what your are thinking, and maybe ****inue the "poi related diabolomoves" topic - with glowing sticks it should open a whole bunch of nice tricks!

@everybody
I will sell them directly to you latest in beginning of june- i'll tell you if earlier is possible!
Price will be 45,-€ batts included(sorry but cheaper is not possible at the moment),
colors available will be red,green,yellow,blue,white,rainbow!
You can also have one stick for 22,-€(no string) so if you break one(what hopefully not will happen) you have replacement!

It would be helpfull if everybody could tell me if and how many pairs you want and maybe which colors, so i can plan my purchases! Just PM or mail me!
Of course you can also have clear sticks(no LEDs)which are very durable, exactly same weighted and designed for training for 20,-€(pair) they look ace and play ace!!!

LOVE&PEACE TO EVERYONE!!! :D sorry for the huge post!

P.S.: I really wonder what Priam(TMFP) would say to these sticks!Imagine this clip with LEDSticks http://priampierret.free.fr/show/Priam_AnAirOfDiabology.wmv

--- watch Videos on YouTube, visit my Website or mail to hiwatt@gmx.at ---

Monregi

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #47 on: March 14, 2006, 04:25:02 pm »
Hi olobaid.
I´m an spanish diabolo player, i read that you are coming to spain, to the canary islands exactly.There is a convention (in Las Palmas de Gran Canaria) during 8th and 9th april and i´ll be there running a workshop(advanced1d and  2d, and if there´s people with skills i´m able to run the 3d low workshop, but surely there wont be people able to shuffle 3d, maybe you are able) and performing at the main stage.
see you.Good sticks, i want to see a pair there :D .

Valium

• Donator
« Reply #48 on: March 14, 2006, 05:03:26 pm »
@olobaid:
are you still living in vienna? care to show them to me some day?  8)

OLOBAID

• VotW Contributor
VIDEO
« Reply #49 on: March 15, 2006, 03:03:31 am »
Here is the video! 8)
Right click and "save target as"

http://www.jugglethis.net/filemgmt/visit.php?lid=535

Format: wmv
Size: 9,95 Mb
Lenght: 5:44

@Monregi
I am already there! I look forward to get an introduction into the third dimension! Meet you at Las Palmas! Feel free to email me...

@Valium
ja servus, wundert mich das wir uns noch nicht kennen!
Im juni bin ich voraussichtlich wieder in wien, dann natürlich jederzeit gerne!

Martijn

« Reply #50 on: March 15, 2006, 03:13:28 pm »
Doesn't work for me either, just upload it to www.jugglethis.net !

Valium

• Donator
Re: VIDEO
« Reply #51 on: March 15, 2006, 03:43:36 pm »
@olobaid
jo das waer cool, endlich mal ein anderer wiener :D, man sieht sich im juni ;)

jammy

« Reply #52 on: March 15, 2006, 05:01:50 pm »
i want some of them sticks  :D
Ìf¤¡ñºÐøû߆°G°¡†¤Õù†°

OLOBAID

• VotW Contributor
Sorry - now it works(with crossed fingers)
« Reply #53 on: March 15, 2006, 06:25:39 pm »
I changed the link in my last post
here again:

http://www.jugglethis.net/filemgmt/visit.php?lid=535

music is selfmade let me hear what you think! :D

Chiok

• Donator
« Reply #54 on: March 16, 2006, 05:38:06 pm »
Awwww, that's freaking sweet!  Even just 2D speed ups look cool.  And the minigenocids and slowicides look great, as did the infinite suicide.  Great synchopation with the music as well, really fitted the bill.  Something to take a rave definitely.

That was an enjoyable video to watch, the music was cool and it was like watching a Winamp or Windows Media Player visualisation, just mesmerising.

Apologies, I'm a lil too excited about those sticks.  Best of luck with them!

Chiok
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills

Martijn

« Reply #55 on: March 16, 2006, 05:40:38 pm »
Yeah, they look supersweet man, I would love to buy a pair, but € 45,- is just a little bit too much for me right now. Maybe later!

Spooned

« Reply #56 on: March 16, 2006, 07:23:08 pm »
Oh my god they look absoloutly awesome and one day i will own a pair  :D
Diabolo or Diablo

Andy

« Reply #57 on: March 16, 2006, 07:26:36 pm »
have to say loving those sticks...

Ive got myself all the bits and pieces to build my own now, bit thinner than those and using a devilstick handgrip style thing but very similar.
also got some charger bits so can be plugged into the same charger as evo4 lights :)
got enough bits for 3 pairs - one for me, one for a mate and there should be one spare...might take to bjc and sell them if they're done by then. seeing that vid just makes me want them NOW!
ah well...

OLOBAID

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #58 on: March 17, 2006, 12:44:23 pm »
thanks everybody, your words are pushing me forward!
i know 45,-€ is not very cheap, but i have to say they are really worth the money-and designing them was no small effort! Cheaper isn't possible for me in the moment!

@MODERATORS
i am thinking of giving an example to the moderators of this forum but you have to send them to the next after a week(?)(cause i can give only one pair) and you would have to take the shipping! i think it would be a good proof of quality if the sticks survive all moderators :wink:
and in this way you would know what you order!
Who wants to be the first :D i think Netherlands first then UK then Canada would be best because of shipping (and it will take a while, as you see in my previous posts - my journey...)

hey Andy!
where did you get the charger bits and how do you want to make them work in the sticks without reducing durability?
i really wonder if you get them designed so quick - for me it was and is an endless period of thinking-shopping-building-testing-thinking-shopping-building-testing-thinki......
and you dont want to know how much money i spend for tools and materials...

Andy

« Reply #59 on: March 18, 2006, 02:48:21 pm »
you want this:
http://www.rapidelectronics.co.uk/rkmain.asp?PAGEID=80010&CTL_CAT_CODE=&STK_PROD_CODE=M28842&XPAGENO=1
I dont know if they are just UK based though...

I'm guessing that the designs i have at the moment may need to be altered along the way...who knows if they'll work - i'll start next weekend on them :) see how they go.