Author Topic: Illuminated diabolo sticks!  (Read 67588 times)

OLOBAID

• VotW Contributor
Illuminated diabolo sticks!
« Reply #60 on: March 19, 2006, 04:17:13 pm »
Sorry, the video is down temporarily!!!
the link will not work!

@Andy
thanks for the info!

--- watch Videos on YouTube, visit my Website or mail to hiwatt@gmx.at ---

OLOBAID

• VotW Contributor
Video
« Reply #61 on: March 20, 2006, 12:12:38 pm »
so, the video is now ready for download again - now at JuggleThis.net
lycos.de(tripod) does not support directlinking at videofiles :evil: !
thanks for the link Martijn! :D

http://www.jugglethis.net/filemgmt/visit.php?lid=535

other videos will follow!

@Martijn
i would offer this to all mods but its to expensive for me at the moment!
what do you think about testing my sticks and making a testreport and a short video for this thread,
i would pay shipping and if i can use your report for my website the sticks are free for you!

any questions?

fredo

« Reply #62 on: March 20, 2006, 01:24:59 pm »
Oh, lucky tijn :roll:  :P

Martijn

Re: Video
« Reply #63 on: March 20, 2006, 03:03:25 pm »
Quote from: OLOBAID
@Martijn
i would offer this to all mods but its to expensive for me at the moment!
what do you think about testing my sticks and making a testreport and a short video for this thread,
i would pay shipping and if i can use your report for my website the sticks are free for you!

Ok, let me get this straight: I would get one pair for free, and you will pay shipping costs? Then I'm going to test them, make a nice video of them (with a high framrate :wink:) and make a report, let you use the report, and then I can keep the sticks? If that's what you mean, yes please! :D I will PM you my adress and other info you need.

Thanks! The sticks look so neat 8)
download Made in Taiwan at www.arjangroenendijk.nl

OLOBAID

• VotW Contributor
yes, you got me right!
« Reply #64 on: March 20, 2006, 03:57:22 pm »
@Martijn
yes, you got me right! one more thing - let me use the video too(and use my music, so there are no copyright problems).

its just fair, you are doing so much for us diaboloplayers in this forum! :D and if the sticks are good(and thats what i believe) people will know they order sticks which play as good as they look!

BUT NO HURRY!!! it will take a while till i got everything i need here on the canary islands!

jelen

« Reply #65 on: March 21, 2006, 01:18:14 am »
The sticks seemed really nice on the video. and now we just have to wait for tijn's aproval!!!!

looby

• Donator
« Reply #66 on: August 24, 2006, 06:20:19 pm »
Sorry for a rather large bump de bump but what's the situation with olobaid's sticks. Tijn, has he made contact with you in regards to trialing them? Im just curious as to whats happened and whether there's any life in the project
Rennes July 10-17th 2011!

Martijn

« Reply #67 on: August 24, 2006, 07:43:15 pm »
I'm really curious as well looby, because we did have contact about the whole thing, but suddenly he stopped replying to my emails and PMs unfortunately... I don't know what's going on... :?

KaTurN

« Reply #68 on: August 28, 2006, 08:49:27 am »
Hmm i could have sworn that one of the catalogs i got from a juggleing company offered illuminated light up handsticks that did charge with the finnese charger

Unfortionatly i cant find the catalog or them on the net, they only had red ones too

This is a necessity for us though and hopefully one of the major manufacturers will come out with one soon.

Punkerpanda

« Reply #69 on: August 28, 2006, 06:54:51 pm »
Quote from: KaTurN
Hmm i could have sworn that one of the catalogs i got from a juggleing company offered illuminated light up handsticks that did charge with the finnese charger

Unfortionatly i cant find the catalog or them on the net, they only had red ones too

This is a necessity for us though and hopefully one of the major manufacturers will come out with one soon.

the store you're looking for is jugglingstore.com
there has been some discussion about it in http://diabolo.ca/forum/index.php?topic=1545&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=60

juggling store does not have them yet and mr babache has informed that the production will be finished in october.

Phil189

« Reply #70 on: August 28, 2006, 08:36:32 pm »
I gota get these when their out because they look realy good and all you need now is glow in the dark string, light sticks and light diabolo and you could have a complete night time show. :D
Diabolo Zone - Looking for somewhere to host your diabolo videos? Share, host, view, rate, and comment on diabolo videos at Diabolo Zone. Check it out >>>> www.diabolozone.com

Martijn

« Reply #71 on: August 29, 2006, 10:35:24 am »
Good news! The sticks are on its way to my house :D I can't wait to tell you guys all about it!

eggy900

« Reply #72 on: August 29, 2006, 04:11:06 pm »
i spoke to the guys at butterfingers yesterday and they can't get hold of the babache LED sticks, but there is an advert for them in the latest issue of Kascade juggling magazine so they should be out soon in the UK

Martijn

« Reply #73 on: August 29, 2006, 05:46:40 pm »
Yeah right, like MB is going to bring 'em out anytime soon? Probably not. Remember Diabology, Finesse G2, Extreme and Energy handsticks, and all that? Their ballbearing axle! Besides, you'd have to like the Energy sticks in order to like their lightsticks right? I'm not saying it won't be a nice product (because I don't know), but I just don't think their octobre-promiss will come true. My guess is novembre.... next year. </rant>

Sorry for that, just had to get that off my chest :D

uiek

« Reply #74 on: August 30, 2006, 10:43:22 am »
I made glowing syticks from my ENERGY and they're good :) Now they glow wilh blue, bum maybe I will prepare other colors ;)

But Martijn is right - it is not that easy to get used to energy they are sooo flexible! at first i hated them, but now i quite like them :)

OLOBAID

• VotW Contributor
OUT NOW!!!
« Reply #75 on: September 03, 2006, 09:12:37 pm »

Hi there, long time no see!
After changing the design several times i now have a final product!
I've sent the sticks to Martijn and i really cant wait to see him play!
I'm selling the sticks now worldwide, a better website will be coming!
If you are interested give me an email to get further information(like shipping expenses to your region...)
hiwatt@gmx.at

take a look at:
http://hiwatt.kukuma.info

[youtube=425,350]JuInJ43QOKU

Information:
Lenght: 32cm
Weight: 70g
Availible Colors: White, Yellow, Red, Green, Blue, Rainbow Free to Combine!
Tips are smoothed to minimize stringfriction and the knots can rotate freely in the holes, which prevents string torsion. The ends contain a very durable switch. The superbright photon LEDs are powered by three AG3(LR41)buttoncells per stick!
high durability!
high playability!
each stick is HANDMADE by professional craftsman!!!
Batterys and string included - READY TO PLAY!
Price: 37,- €
Replacement Stick: 18,- €

This is the information i can give...
For an independent opinion wait for Martijn's quality inspection!
best regards...
Peter

fredo

« Reply #76 on: September 03, 2006, 09:41:35 pm »
wow, they look amazing! maybe i'll get some  :wink:

Martijn

« Reply #77 on: September 03, 2006, 09:46:06 pm »
Awesome Peter, nicely done. High quality promo :) I'll try to make a longer one with more tricks! I'm really looking forward to it. They'll arrive very soon now I think.

OLOBAID

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #78 on: September 03, 2006, 09:55:52 pm »
thanks! i'm so lucky that the sticks are ready now! after so many broken prototypes...  
i really hope MB wont kick me out! :wink:

Chiok

• Donator
« Reply #79 on: September 04, 2006, 12:01:34 pm »
Yeah, Mr. B and some heavies will come round your place and put you "into administration"  :wink:

Great work though, really glad that you managed to refine the design and get something for sale.  Hope they work out for you.

Chiok
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills