Author Topic: Silver Creek Jugglers---New video!  (Read 18910 times)

Matt_

• Donator
Silver Creek Jugglers---New video!
« on: February 01, 2006, 04:49:33 am »
Chris, David, Matt and Matt are back again ;)

this is the longest (and hopefully the best..) video yet. leave me comments, criticism, whatever. i've already had a ton of comments and criticism from non-jugglers, so let's see what jugglers have to say about it.

i think jugglethis.net rejected my file (havent heard back in days), so again....get ready... a torrent (i can hear the groans already). hey, if you want to host it up on your webspace, go for it ;)

many thanks to Sean for giving me the 8kb of webspace i needed :)

http://diabolo.ca/torrent/SCJ_new_years.avi.torrent

EDIT: if you haven't gotten the file yet because the torrent is scaring you, you have no excuse! Huge thanks to Little Paul over at rec.juggling, who offered to host this video, saying "Knock youself out, I've got more bandwidth than I know what to do with."

direct download link! http://lpbk.net/jugglemirror/SCJ_-_new_years.avi

Chris_

« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2006, 04:53:24 am »
i think this is your best video to date as well.  i liked the music selection!  id give you a thumbs up if you could see me.

Dracodragon

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2006, 05:29:56 am »
The video is great, and I love the tricks we got filmed in there. The first song you put was kinda annoying, but other than that, it was a good video. Until next time we make a video... and when i get some more tricks with my 3d...
Go Draco with your Diabolo!
http://frogfighters.com/godraco/

Matt_

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2006, 05:35:02 am »
wait till next time when we film somewhere besides silver creek ;)

oh yeah, for those who are wondering....it's all filmed at Silver Creek HS, except for some of those clips of me, those were filmed at my house.

Arjan

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2006, 11:01:25 am »
Nice video, strangly I liked the boxes dude the most. He has awesome skill and style in his play. The rest was okay to :wink:

eggy900

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2006, 01:59:56 pm »
that video was awesome, i liked the 2d and boxes the best, but it was all mint

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2006, 08:27:21 pm »
Very nice vid-all of it and thankyou for torrenting it. :P
Behind your back is your front.

Martijn

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2006, 08:27:50 pm »
That is one hell of a great video dudes, that looks like an awesome juggling scene you have there. I loved the video, (torrent! yay you Matt!), great compression, superb quality, and a very high technical level of diabolo/juggling. If I would mention all the tricks I liked, this post would be too long to read. A lot of new, innovative and creative diaboloing with 1 and 2 diabs in there. The 3d shuffle looked awesome as well. I also loved the boxes part, I never see a lot of that, especially the more-than-3-boxes-tricks are very rare, I love them! It's all just really really cool. Keep up the good work!

As for the editing, I wouldn't have used the black screen with the things timed on the music, but would have used a still screenshot, or a flashy effect (not too flashy ofcourse). The reversed sun combo thing was sweet, I love that stuff :)

Thanks again for the video, looking forward to the next one already!
download Made in Taiwan at www.arjangroenendijk.nl

nev

• Donator
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2006, 10:06:10 pm »
Nice work to all of you.  Would of been so good to have had a teacher like that at school - the excalabur start at 8mins was ridiculously good.  And way to go with the torrent Matt - high quality and downloaded sooo fast (120kbs average).  Chris is improving pretty damn quick - nice solid 3d there.

I actually quite liked the black screens on the pauses - builds the intrigue.

Overall, great vid - looking forward to the next (must be nice to be able to practice in short sleeves in January).
www.Diabolomoves.co.uk/diabolos/ - shop for Sundia diabolos, Handsticks & String

Martijn

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2006, 11:14:56 pm »
Quote from: mynci
I actually quite liked the black screens on the pauses - builds the intrigue.

Yeah, it's just a matter of preference. I just thought I'd say, since he asked for some comments :)

J_J777

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2006, 01:24:44 am »
i wish i had matt hall as a teacher  :lol:  it'd be so cool!  your three high is looking good, and i wish my three low were as good as urs chris...  loved the excalibur very nice movie overall.

JyNo

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2006, 01:52:42 am »
Sweet vid guys I loved the excalibur stuff and the double antisuicides, really nice guys

Matt_

• Donator
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2006, 03:33:13 am »
Quote from: Martijn
Yeah, it's just a matter of preference. I just thought I'd say, since he asked for some comments :)

exactly, it's nice to know ;)

i had way harsher comments, one of my friends is a big movie buff (but not much of a juggler....he likes to watch my G2 light show though), but he wanted things like different locations, more movie sync, a night time section, etc etc.

and most people hate the first song. let's see what else have i heard...a girl i know told me "the asian guy with the blocks is pretty crazy", just various comments. it's interesting to come here and hear people interested in the content, not necessarily the "entertainment". i tried to make a video appealing to both groups...hopefully the more videos i make, the more i'll reach the holy grail of being very fun and exciting to watch both for juggling veterans, and someone who has never seen a diabolo or cigar boxes in their life.

Matt

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2006, 05:19:07 am »
Matt,

Chris showed me the video today after he burned it on a CD and brought it to school.  

I loved the songs.  You've got to let me know what they were.  

Also, you've got to post a link or a notice to rec.juggling.  I think the video should be exposed to a wider audience (especially because Chris and Dave come off so good, don't you think?).  Boxers will go crazy with David's stuff.  

Sugoi video wo tsukutte kurete, arigatou gozaima****a!  Yoku dekita yo!

sensei
Many Thanks to Sean for all his work and inspiration.  Respect to the MFP!

Scooby

« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2006, 06:49:15 am »
does that somthing along the lines of

sweet video  (word) (word)   thankyou very much??

??
------------------------------------------------
ALL YOUR DIABOLO ARE BELONG TO US!!!

Matt_

• Donator
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2006, 07:27:14 am »
Quote from: Matt
Also, you've got to post a link or a notice to rec.juggling.  I think the video should be exposed to a wider audience (especially because Chris and Dave come off so good, don't you think?).  Boxers will go crazy with David's stuff.  

crap that's what i forgot! David even reminded me and i forgot. ok, i'll post it on there right after this.

anyway, for everyone, here is the music, in order:

Gabby La La - Backpack
John Frusciante - Murderers
Faith - One Piece of Door
Team Sleep - Interlude

i've gotten a lot of positive feedback on the Frusciante tune....and pretty much entirely negative feedback on Gabby. oh well...

Chris_

« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2006, 07:32:58 am »
Quote from: Scooby
does that somthing along the lines of

sweet video  (word) (word)   thankyou very much??

??

What Matt Hall-sensei said was, "Thanks for making us the cool video!  It was a job well done!"

Chiok

• Donator
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2006, 09:09:48 am »
That video'll do...  :wink:
The torrent worked fine.  Though I do seem to be gathering more and more sizable videos in my collection.  That was a great selection of shots though.  I like how you mix in the outtakes and such together is good and keeps the attention throughout it all.  I appreciate long juggling videos because I can set them off to play whilst I eat dinner or something.

The tricks were all awesome and it's great to see how people have improved (possibly because of this forum).  The boxes were unreal, the short bits of ball juggling were quite agreeable, and the diabolo stuff was top notch.  A good American style which isn't all dancey[1] like.

Oh, and nice tie :lol:  I wonder how many of you took the class just to be closer to Hall-sensei, looks like an awesome classroom, I love anime.

Enough of that, I'm seeding at the mo.

Chiok
[1] - as in dancing, not Charles
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills

Scooby

« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2006, 02:50:07 pm »
well it wasnt a bad effort for one japanese lesson..

:lol:

i pretty much got it right.. it was only minor stuff..  hehe
ALL YOUR DIABOLO ARE BELONG TO US!!!

Martijn

« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2006, 03:33:04 pm »
Quote from: Matt_
i've gotten a lot of positive feedback on the Frusciante tune....and pretty much entirely negative feedback on Gabby. oh well...

Don't worry. It works quite well for your video. Music is very hard to choose, because not everyone will like it. Just put on the music you like, and if you think it fits together with the style of the video.

I forgot to say that I too liked the outtakes mixed with the great tricks, and the original voices and grinding sounds etc. mixed with the songtracks. Makes it really cool. You're a great editor, and yes there will allways be people who think they know better, or would have done it better themselves :wink: Just try to pick up from them whatever you like, and learn from it. Experiment, and create an own editing-style... again, great job! (I hope I make myself clear... :P)