Author Topic: Diabolotutorials.com - Interviews with diaboloists  (Read 837 times)

Richard

Diabolotutorials.com - Interviews with diaboloists
« on: August 03, 2018, 10:23:51 pm »
Hey Guys,

I’m going to start interviewing some of the world’s top diaboloists about their training methods/strategies and will post to diabolotutorials.com

The goal of these interviews is to help diaboloists like you, around the world, to learn from the best.

Do you have any questions you would like me to ask, about training techniques, to help you improve your skills faster?

If so, please post here :)

Thanks

Richard

Clo

Re: Diabolotutorials.com - Interviews with diaboloists
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2018, 11:50:43 pm »
Hi, great idea!

My questions would be:
- How much do you train?
- Is there a specific structure to your training session (like routine tricks first, then new tricks, ...)?
- How do you choose which tricks to work on next?

When will the first interview be posted?
Thanks.

Richard

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2018, 11:37:42 am »
Thanks!

I haven't started the interview process but I'd like to interview one diaboloist every 1-2 months and then post.

Richard

Furlisht

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2018, 02:00:33 pm »
- How do you organize your time between doing tricks you already know and trying to find new stuff?
- From your perspective, what would be the difference between your early practices when you started diabolo and your current practice?
- Your heroes then, and your heroes now?
- What is the first video you watched that wowed you?

Richard

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2018, 08:25:26 am »
Thanks heaps!

Wis

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2018, 01:00:42 pm »
Some that came to my head.
- Can you describe how is your creating process? Do you do something to get ideas to appear? Once you have an idea how do you try to evolve it? Do you target for complexity or elegance, or something else?
- What is the thing that you see in the worldwide scene that you would change first if you could (kind of effortlessly)?
- Have you consciously taken body expression from other players because you wanted them in your style?
- What are the things that you found that made you progress faster?
- What is the happiest period of our diabolo life you can recall? And the happiest day?
- Do you tend to train more, less or maintain, nowadays?
- Which trick is for you the most pleasant to execute? And the most annoying?
- Which is the best diabolo performance you have watched? And live?
- Is there any young talent that you think that has a good chance of breaking current barriers or becoming a great artist?
- Do you have any country that you would say has, in average, the style that you like the most?
- Tell your funniest story of picking a girl/guy using diabolo, if there is any. It does not need to be a success story.
- In which way you have hurt the most a third person while playing diabolo?
- How many diabolos have you lost in your life? Any funny story?
- Do you clean your diabolos? How often?
"The string...the inertia...the hours"

fkowarik

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2018, 02:07:15 pm »
Great idea Richard! I like the mentioned above... i would add few more

-Do you use different diabolos for different tricks? I mean do you change for vertax, 1 diabolo, 3, 4....? And the sticks? And the string and the string lenght?
-How do you keep in mind all your tricks and in order to do not forget them? Do you record yourselve or write down the tricks?
-Do you find the Siteswap useful? Do you think it should or it could be improved?
-Bearings yes or no? Why?
-Unfortunately diabolo is not very popular in many countries, any ideas how to make it more visible and popular for all around the world?
-Do you like competitions (EJC Diabolo Battle, Redbull PAO, FDC, etc...)?
-How are your juggling skills with other props (balls, clubs....)?
-Do you go to juggling conventions? Why the diabolo players are always in a corner separated of the rest of jugglers?  :-D :-D

Cant wait to see-read them!!
I will add maybe more later