Author Topic: Proper Props  (Read 287 times)

SebiHausi

Proper Props
« on: July 29, 2018, 10:07:49 am »
Heyo, it has been a while since I have made the effort to make a diabolo video properly. I am quite happy I did, because this gives me a lot more satisfaction than ****ty instagram practice clips. This is one of several reasons why I have decided to quit posting random clips on instagram.
I want to encourage the diabolo community to do the same, because proper videos don't get lost after a few days and give one a lot more inspiration! Let's be honest, do you ever say to yourself, "Woah I need to rewatch that instagram video, it was insaaaane!"? ... Yea, that is what I thought  ;).
Enough said, here is the video:

MartinJ

Re: Proper Props
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2018, 07:21:30 am »
This is soooooo awesome!!! Can't wait to go outside and try some of these tricks :)

Clo

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2018, 10:32:25 am »
Yes for more videos like this! Can't stop watching it. Love the overall feel of it.
And the trick at 2:07 : OMG !!! so beautiful

Icebox

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2018, 06:44:12 pm »
I really agree with what you said about keeping tricks held back for long-form videos, I hope that style of sharing tricks comes back.

and here's what i wrote copy pasted from youtube:

i'm gonna steal the trick at 1:50 i hope that's okay with you

2:32 is like the weirdest, nerdiest trick i've ever seen and i love it, 2:52 is super pretty also

and lastly, i'm impressed that you got such good lighting while filming at night, great job!

Wis

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2018, 12:08:25 pm »
Wooow. I finally remembered to watch it. I think this is my favorite from you.
In this one I think your tricks look more aesthetic. Very clean. Amazing locations. Taro pretending he has never thrown a fourth diabolo. Very elegant style. Very nice editing.
My highlights are bounce in 0:34, the right hand move at the end of the combo at 1:44, and the stick bounce around 3:09
"The string...the inertia...the hours"