Author Topic: new videos on 2diabolo.net  (Read 7840 times)

barnesy

• Administrator
new videos on 2diabolo.net
« on: November 09, 2004, 12:08:19 am »
After talking to Sean (not to be confused with Sean_) earlier, I've added a few more trick videos to 2diabolo.net.  They're mostly the handtrap based two diabolo suicides I've been playing with lately, but there are a couple of older ones in there too.

Here's the link: http://2diabolo.net/?page=4  

Sean, the last but one of the new videos is the trick I hoped I'd made up until I saw it in 'a mans chew'.  Ah well...   :)

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2004, 12:34:30 am »
Dave,

Great to see new videos on your site! I think there are many diaboloists out there who view your original set of videos as classics in learning all the basics of two diabolos. I know I learned a lot from them when I was starting out.

By last trick, I assume you mean the "anotherhandtrapsuicide.avi" not the "5waysuncombo.avi" because there's no way you saw me do that last trick - I seem to be physically incapable of doing two diabolo suns well - I've all but given up. ;)

I first saw that hand trap suicide move done by Remi in the FYAA 2003 videos, but I don't know who invented it. Seems like the type of thing he might have developed. If I use finesse diabolos with wide axles I can get up to 4 full rotations of the diabolo and stick. Have you tried doing one suicide in front of your body and then another behind before catching the stick - that's a challenging one!

Sean

barnesy

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2004, 12:49:03 am »
Thanks, it's good to be appreciated!

Yeah, I can see how that might be a Remi style trick.    It's one of those ones I guess a few people have worked out - I keep thinking of some of them as mine, but it never seems to work out that way!

I've caught it after three rotations of the stick and diabolo, but I'm not sure more than that is likely to happen for me soon.  I've not tried that front and back variation, but I'll give it a go!

There's a different variation I've caught a couple of times - while doing the single version of the trick, I do an anticlockwise suicide with the other diabolo, aiming to catch it back where it started, then catch and unwrap the first one.  It can also work by doing the left hand suicide first I think.  I tried to record it tonight, but I was asking a bit too much of myself really!

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2004, 12:59:08 am »
Quote from: barnesy
I've caught it after three rotations of the stick and diabolo, but I'm not sure more than that is likely to happen for me soon.

It's all in the sticks and diabolos. I can't even pull off 3 with my henrys.

There's a different variation I've caught a couple of times - while doing the single version of the trick, I do an anticlockwise suicide with the other diabolo, aiming to catch it back where it started, then catch and unwrap the first one.

Yikes!  :shock:  I'm confused. I'd like to see that on video!

barnesy

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2004, 01:19:46 am »
There's a different variation I've caught a couple of times - while doing the single version of the trick, I do an anticlockwise suicide with the other diabolo, aiming to catch it back where it started, then catch and unwrap the first one.

Quote from: Sean

Yikes!  :shock:  I'm confused. I'd like to see that on video!

And so would I!  I'll have to work to get it more solid to stand a chance of filming it.  I'll work on it.  It feels absolutely crazy - there's a point where all I'm holding is the middle of the string!

Annoyingly, I just stopped typing to have a go at it, and it worked.  All I can offer in the meantime is a video of me failing to do it while filming the other tricks today.  It gives the general idea anyway - the trick is quite gettable with a bit more work, I think.  That video: http://www.2diabolo.net/media/failed.avi

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2004, 01:25:09 am »
:shock: That's about as hard as it sounded - I see where you're going. Reminds me of the state Eric gets in with his crazy one diabolo two stick suicide/slowcide/genocide trick. Sounds like a good way to get rope burn.  :wink:

Martijn

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2004, 03:17:23 pm »
nice videos! I tried a few of them, and they are not very easy to do, but after a bit practising, they are nice to perform! :D
download Made in Taiwan at www.arjangroenendijk.nl

Arjan

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2004, 04:40:00 pm »
Yeah Dave, that is some nice stuff!

MattF

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2004, 10:07:37 am »
Cheers Dave, nice new tricks. I  must admit, i use your web page for a lot of inspiration. Your site first taught me how to use 2 diablos.

Matt