Author Topic: Video of William! (from WJF)  (Read 20139 times)

KaTurN

Video of William! (from WJF)
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2006, 05:28:53 pm »
Yeah he was perty good i havent seen the video they choped together of him yet but you could kindah already tell he had it when he was practiceing

the excalibur genocide off the ground was perty impressive to me just because i dont think i could get the diabolo to skid like that for soo long

makes ya wanna go back to plastic

Pete

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2006, 06:58:21 pm »
His 3 low looks super stable and that sun was really quick and violent but still amazingly cool. His wrap acceleration looks a bit strange though, it starts like yabe's and then ends like Baptistes....sort of.

And now it seems that every oriental in the world can do the splits. At one point i really wanted to learn it so i tried and streched daily for weeks. Then i pulled a muscle in my leg and couldn't walk for 2 days... so i stopped!
The tallest trees from acorns grow.

Scooby

« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2006, 02:28:54 am »
what are you using to play it?

because its not letting me play. :(
------------------------------------------------
ALL YOUR DIABOLO ARE BELONG TO US!!!
------------------------------------------------

William

• VotW Contributor
doh!
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2006, 04:38:08 am »
Same here... :(
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

Squiggle

« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2006, 04:41:08 am »
Use vlc    YAY

Matt_

• Donator
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2006, 07:04:45 am »
Quote from: Pete
And now it seems that every oriental in the world can do the splits. At one point i really wanted to learn it so i tried and streched daily for weeks. Then i pulled a muscle in my leg and couldn't walk for 2 days... so i stopped!

ok, first of all, it's incorrect to refer to people as "oriental". only inanimate objects, such as furniture or artwork, can be correctly referred to as "oriental". it's considered rude to refer to anyone as oriental, kind of like calling a Japanese person a "jap". it's not officially vulgar, but it is agreed upon that it is a rude (and outdated) term and should not be used to refer to human beings.

anyway, enough grammar lessons...i'd just like to point out that doing the splits isnt really something you can just stretch for a few weeks and do. if you havent kept your body in proper shape all your life (or your body just isnt inclined to do it), it's going to be tough. not to mention if you're not doing the proper stretches in a proper regimen, you may have been not helping your body out at all.

what im trying to say is, it's possible for any young and fit person to do the splits (im going to assume that you're young enough for this, and your body is "normal"), it just takes proper training, and time.

Chiok

• Donator
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2006, 11:27:49 am »
About the "oriental" thing, I don't mind it, because the term Asian is just too large.  All very subjective, and I don't mind it.  Besides, hard to know where we are from, we all look the same  :wink:  (respectfully submitted).

Splits are hard, and yep, some people are physically incapable of doing it, it's just something you find out.  I like how it steals a bit of Frebourg's thunder.  What I'm impressed with is how he keeps control of the shuffle when it's an inch off of the ground.  And he's not even that tall, which makes it even more difficult (higher size - diabolo size ratio).

I do want to see what makes him so awesome.  Is it he's just very solid with his tricks?  Or does he have some double-hard moves in his belt?  Would like to see more.

Chiok
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills

ming

« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2006, 01:22:26 pm »
Quote from: Chiok

Splits are hard, and yep, some people are physically incapable of doing it, it's just something you find out.  I like how it steals a bit of Frebourg's thunder.  What I'm impressed with is how he keeps control of the shuffle when it's an inch off of the ground.  And he's not even that tall, which makes it even more difficult (higher size - diabolo size ratio).

Sorry gonna correct you here anyone can achieve front splits it just takes time, middle splits are a completely different story though.

As for william good and all but maybe a little overhyped?

Pete

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2006, 07:26:44 pm »
Quote from: Matt
Pete wrote:

ok, first of all, it's incorrect to refer to people as "oriental". only inanimate objects, such as furniture or artwork, can be correctly referred to as "oriental". it's considered rude to refer to anyone as oriental, kind of like calling a Japanese person a "jap". it's not officially vulgar, but it is agreed upon that it is a rude (and outdated) term and should not be used to refer to human beings.

I aplogize to all those offended.
Your overwhelming gramatical genius never ceases to amaze.
The tallest trees from acorns grow.

Matt_

• Donator
« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2006, 11:05:25 pm »
I aplogize to all those offended.
Your overwhelming gramatical genius never ceases to amaze.

more like overwhelming pickiness :P

Sharpes

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2006, 05:22:44 am »
his style was very different. he has solid three stuff, but not much past what you saw in the video, and three high he can do a pirrouette and 441 well (all I saw him do with high), with one, hes got cool infinite suicide stuff (I think it was his best overall, and was really very impressive), and some fast body moves, but they are nothing compared to what the french guys do. He's got great style, and is very much geared to performance; not a whole lot past what he has consistent or is working on for a new routine. Great performer though. I think Yabe would have won with more preparation and if he wasn't sick, but William definitely deserved it. And I don't think anyone can match his jumprope skills, they were by far faster and smoother than I've seen anyone do. And I'm serious when I say that.
Jacob and Nate Sharpe

Martijn

« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2006, 06:05:19 pm »
Quote from: Chiok
I do want to see what makes him so awesome.  Is it he's just very solid with his tricks?  Or does he have some double-hard moves in his belt?  Would like to see more.

He's like... REALLY fast and amazing. He did stuff no one expected, it was fast, dropless, amazing, technical, and over all he's a great performer.
download Made in Taiwan at www.arjangroenendijk.nl

fredo

« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2006, 10:12:04 pm »
This was one of the best acts I've ever seen... His routine was just crazy!! I liked it so much...  Does unwrapped inf. suicide and walks around (:P about that name) and does a pirouette... genocides out of nowhere and behind the back catch... And stupidly difficult things I can't remember

norbi

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2006, 10:54:54 pm »
Fredo? I guess (by the similarity in the name, and the fact you are German) that you were the guy at Daan's over the weekend?

fredo

« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2006, 11:04:23 pm »
Yes I am the guy :wink:

norbi

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2006, 11:25:22 pm »
I believe, as i dont recall seeing any other camera set up, that everyone in that room were the only other people (other than WJF attendants) who have seen William's routine. I hope you feel special  :wink:

fredo

« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2006, 11:38:26 pm »
I do always feel special :wink: And I didn't mention where I saw it not to cause problems for you... But since you cleared it up... Thx for that Norbi :wink:

Chiok

• Donator
« Reply #37 on: March 01, 2006, 09:57:20 am »
Oooo.... shhh.  Carry alot of old tapes around with you?  Going to BJC?

Chiok
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills

norbi

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #38 on: March 01, 2006, 02:59:53 pm »
haha, oops. It seems i shouldn't have let that little cat out of the bag.

J_J777

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #39 on: March 05, 2006, 02:47:25 am »
Don't let a cat out of the bag, let the movie out of the bag and onto the internet  :)  when are you gonna post the vid?