Author Topic: Tim Schulze @ Rampenlicht Varieté Hannover  (Read 351 times)

Timaeschulze

• VotW Contributor
Tim Schulze @ Rampenlicht Varieté Hannover
« on: November 13, 2018, 07:28:12 pm »
Hello guys,

as forums are quite dead nowadays and instagram is on the run, I however would like to share something with you.
This is a recording from 2017 of the routine I also played at the EJC in Millstreet 2014 - and caused a little controversity as I remember.
I hope that you like it anyway and have a great watch - this is the best I can come up with on a stage, it is not getting better in the future I suppose  ::)

Love
Tim

MartinJ

Re: Tim Schulze @ Rampenlicht Varieté Hannover
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2018, 02:23:31 pm »
This should be on the front page again.

Wis

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2018, 12:29:35 pm »
So sexy I had to lick the screen. I am almost not joking.

It is always great to see a friend performing, even more when you suspect he plays very little lately.

This can be the best filmed diabolo performance I have ever seen. So pleasant to watch, and since the video quality allows me I will make a list of face highlights, please don't hate me, and you know I like the tricks a lot.

0:29 while turning 'ok, now the toss with turn to balance, focus'
0:37 looking at the public 'yeah, second attempt but landed it and it is hard, thanks'
1:06 look at public at nods with confidence
2:20 'this part with energy'
2:34 'wait I can do it'
2:45 'arg, should be way more stright'
3:16 'no claps? really?'
3:59 'now, feel the power'
4:15 'look at the public to show this is a hard trick, but focus on the trick'
4:59 '**** I dropped, but it was a good run'
5:22 'arg, almost vertical'

And the music, I listened a lot this CD since your first performance and because of you. So it now brings many memories.
"The string...the inertia...the hours"

Diabolo88

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2018, 10:30:43 pm »
Eh? What controversy could you possibly get from this? I must be missing something.

I like it overall. Especially no fancy clothing just dark "normal" clothes and no intrusive music = good tricks in focus (last one was great; gonna try to steal it). Feels very much like a jugglers routine.

03:25 is a great trick. Actually learnt that one from you in a previous video (not seen anyone else does it that slow and floaty. Makes it easier to see and appreciate;)).

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2018, 04:52:56 pm »
Tricks and clothes are nice.  We are jugglers not clowns. But I think you have to look more to the public. I understand all the tricks but average jugglers don´t iunderstand what we do with diabolo. Sometimes simple tricks have more sucess. I´m not talking about to do the elevator but For example, on my last performance people like the helicopter and a combo of  integrals. keep going :)

Wis

« Reply #5 on: Today at 06:21:59 pm »
One question is what is the target of the performance... maybe Tim is not interested in the success and emotions that another kind of tricks or stage presence may give you...
"The string...the inertia...the hours"