Author Topic: diabolos of ryo and william  (Read 19370 times)

pranay

• VotW Contributor
diabolos of ryo and william
« on: February 24, 2006, 07:51:18 pm »
does anybody know which diabolos ryo yabe and which diabolos william use?i think the white diabolos of ryo are heavier than the ones of william but i not really no.
i hope i can try to play wizh them some day :D
cheers pranay!!!

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2006, 08:31:00 pm »
Behind your back is your front.

Valium

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2006, 09:15:11 pm »
www.naranja.co.jp
you can order them by sending an email to info@naranja.co.jp
I use them alot, nice diabolos

pranay

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2006, 09:25:37 pm »
does william use diabigs?his white ones look like a window(you know what i mean...,ithink :lol: )

Valium

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2006, 09:36:41 pm »
I think yes, seem to be diabigs

pranay

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2006, 10:18:21 pm »
ok thank you guys!!!

Diabolo88

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2006, 04:53:39 pm »
So this seems to be the right thread to ask this in:

Does anyone know what Diabolos Ryo used in the one Diabolo comp at the IJA 2004? They looked a bit like Diabigs but when he dropped it didn´t sound like it.

I know there is a video somewhere on the net but I don´t know where. I think I saw it in an archive called lutkus.

norbi

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2006, 06:39:53 pm »
Yeah Diabigs all round. William uses the translucent glow Diabigs, which is why they look like 'windows'  (:roll:)

Maybe the sound was messed up on the IJA tape.

Diabolo88

• Donator
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2006, 04:01:46 pm »
Maybe the sound was messed up on the IJA tape.

Yeah that could be it, but it´s not just the sound of the Diabolo. When he drops his Diabig it bounces high straight up. Whenever I drop mine it only does a little tiny bounce at best.

I saw on the video of his workshop that he said that he had modified his Diabigs. I thought that maybe that´s why it bounced so high. Does anyone know how he had modified them? Or was he talking about his Henry´s?

Chiok

• Donator
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2006, 04:58:49 pm »
He mods them with lighter axles and washers I think.  Taking weight away from the centre (which in turn increases the weight differential between the outer edge and the centre).

As to bouncing higher, I don't know.  But I'm willing to except it as a Diabig, less the man himself pipes up.

Chiok
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills

Diabolo88

• Donator
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2006, 09:08:31 pm »
He mods them with lighter axles and washers I think. Taking weight away from the centre (which in turn increases the weight differential between the outer edge and the centre).

Where can you get axles like that? Does someone sell them (like with henrys mods) or does he have them custommade or something? If he does, does anyone know what material the axles and washers are made of? I love my Diabigs but if you can make them even better, why shouldn´t you? :wink:

As to bouncing higher, I don't know. But I'm willing to except it as a Diabig, less the man himself pipes up.

Yeah, I just thought the modifying might also have something to do with it.
I would email and ask him myself, but I heard he doesn´t know english  and at the time I´m writing this I´ve had a total of three japanese lessons so that won´t work.

Chiok

• Donator
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2006, 09:00:41 am »
Quote from: Diabolo88
...does he have them custommade or something? If he does, does anyone know what material the axles and washers are made of?
My guess, as always is, it'll be either PTFE (teflon) or POM (polyacetal) plastics.  Maybe even nylon, can never be certain just by looks alone.  Those are normally the plastics of choice, and when I think about getting my hubs (maybe Matt_...) they'll be one of those.

Quote from: Diabolo88
I would email and ask him myself, but I heard he doesn´t know english  and at the time I´m writing this I´ve had a total of three japanese lessons so that won´t work.
I think it's great how people want to "learn" other languages.  The UK is losing it's grip on that unfortunately in the school system.  I'm just fortunate enough to be born with two languages around me.

Chiok
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills

mango

« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2006, 02:36:55 pm »
these diabolos (scroll down) might be the ones will uses.  i've seen a picture of him holding a green one
http://chineseyoyo.com/order.htm

norbi

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2006, 02:51:44 pm »
Nope. As you probably know, we know that he uses DiaBigs (I know this becuase they are at my house  :lol:  ) So i guess you mean his crazy plastic piece of crap he uses for 1 diabolo. Unfortunately that is not it, sorry.

mango

« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2006, 10:27:31 am »
this web was what i found when searching "yoho jumbo" on google

http://www.wyyw.net/auction/auction_9109/auction_Diabolo_main.htm

william must have bought it from here because this is a taiwanese web

Valium

• Donator
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2006, 12:08:59 pm »

nev

• Donator
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2006, 11:01:11 pm »
Im pretty sure Williams diabolos are Diabigs - GID clearing (Glow in the Dark) because I have the same ones.

As you see, one has been modified to take a finesse light kit (and has been modified with aluminium washers, axel and bolt to keep the weight down to 302grams* including light kits).  Not sure how durable the alminium axel will be, but its working fine for now.

The other two are stock at 296grams.

*(edit) 302g when used without the plastic covers on the light kit - picture shown light kit with the covers on which puts the weight up to 316g
www.Diabolomoves.co.uk/diabolos/ - shop for Sundia diabolos, Handsticks & String

norbi

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2006, 02:06:08 pm »
Right, everyone. I've finally managed to get some info on his plastic thing, for anyone who cares (please, someone care)

Here are 2 pictures...
http://norbithejuggler.co.uk/temp/005.jpg
http://norbithejuggler.co.uk/temp/006.jpg

And now some details:
Weight: 265g
Diameter: 12cm
Length: 16cm
Material: 'a mix of plastic and rubber' (sorry, that's as helpful as i could get)
Price: 'about USD12'
Shipping: '2 or 3 times more, depending on amount'

If anyone is interested (go on, it's been genuinly hard work finding out about these, i've been trying since December, even William doesnt know how to get them   [true story  :lol: ]) Then, due to the company not having a website, or e-mail or anything really. The best way to do it is to e-mail Angela (Wen Hsiu), William's trainer, and she will do all the ordering and send them on.
 angela945@msn.com

If you happen to speak Chinese. Then you can contact the company direct
FAX: 2-24211816
TEL: 2-24211815

Hope that helps anyone.

Norbichu

fredo

« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2006, 02:16:22 pm »
thx for sharing that norbichu :P ..I'll think about it, looks pretty cool!

Diabolo88

• Donator
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2006, 08:55:36 pm »
These aren´t like the ones that whistle in the Ryo workshop vid right?

They look really cool at least but how is the "feel"?