Author Topic: diabolos of ryo and william  (Read 20914 times)

norbi

• VotW Contributor
diabolos of ryo and william
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2006, 10:44:40 pm »
No whistling on these. As for the feel... why not buy some  :wink:

mango

« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2006, 12:21:13 am »
Quote from: nev
As you see, one has been modified to take a finesse light kits.

why do you need a light kit if you are using a glow diabolo? does it appear more colourful?

Scooby

« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2006, 02:23:26 am »
glow diabolos dont really glow that well, i have a glow henrys and i dont really diabolo in the dark but when its in the dark it only glows a little bit.

im pretty shure the ligfht kit would look better with a glow diabolo. :)
------------------------------------------------
ALL YOUR DIABOLO ARE BELONG TO US!!!
------------------------------------------------

nev

• Donator
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2006, 12:01:56 pm »
Quote from: mango
why do you need a light kit if you are using a glow diabolo? does it appear more colourful?

Firstly - for them to 'glow in the dark' they need to be charged under a strong light for a while, after which they will glow a nice green in darkness (for a short period before they need recharging with light).  With LED's there is no need to put them in light first.

The main reason though is that they are soooo much brighter with LED's and that you can have the different colours.  As the GID Diabigs are transparent (the picture does not show this well) you can see the lights clearly through the cups and as they are UV reactive the whole cup glows the colour of the light kit (as if being constantly charged with light) - especially with blue and green light kits which give out UV (the blue one is bright as hell).  

The end result is a MUCH brighter diabolo than a finesse with evo light kit.

Edit - here is why

and one next to a red finesse

I trust that answers your question Mango ps although it may not look like it from this pic - the red light kit on the finesse was fully charged its just quite a dark exposure.
www.Diabolomoves.co.uk/diabolos/ - shop for Sundia diabolos, Handsticks & String

OLOBAID

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2006, 12:17:27 am »
hey nev!
i use finesse(moon) with leds, the brightness is ok but i dont like the extra weight which comes with the led kit - i was thinking of removing the plastic cover but i have the fear that when i drop from a great height the batts will jump out of their place(like they do with vega x1) - do you know if this happens?

sorry for being off topic!

--- watch Videos on YouTube, visit my Website or mail to hiwatt@gmx.at ---

mango

« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2006, 01:16:42 pm »
I trust that answers your question Mango[/color] ps although it may not look like it from this pic - the red light kit on the finesse was fully charged its just quite a dark exposure.

the diabigs look nicer.  and that answers my question.  will the diabig be heavier when you install a vega light kit?

Arjan

« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2006, 04:09:51 pm »
offcourse diabolo`s will be heavier when you install lights in them. I imagine a diabig being very heavy with lights on them, since they are already a bit on the fat side.
And for the record: MB lightkits are not called vega x, thats the name for the henrys lights. Lets not get any confusion from that.

OLOBAID

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2006, 04:43:46 pm »
lol, what is heavier 1kg of this or 1kg of that?
i know this is not he right place but - i had troubles with my circus led kits(vega x1) in my circus diabolos(batts were jumping out when dropped hard) and i had the fear when i remove the plastic cover of my finesse led kit-evolution kit 4(to reduce weight) the same problem appears! nev tried this out, so i just wanted to know if he had this problem(with his finesse led kit)

sorry for my very unclear post - english is not my native language! :wink:

Arjan

« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2006, 05:31:11 pm »
Quote from: OLOBAID
sorry for my very unclear post - english is not my native language! :wink:

Don`t worry, I was just checking if I was on the same frequency as you.

About the caps on the finesse light kits, I don`t thing the batteries will just fall out with normal play and no dropping. But these caps are a good way to secure your kits and battery.

fredo

« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2006, 07:16:30 pm »
And I don' think removing these caps will reduce weight very much :roll:

Chiok

• Donator
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2006, 07:41:08 pm »
*(edit) 302g when used without the plastic covers on the light kit - picture shown light kit with the covers on which puts the weight up to 316g
Well, that's 14g right there.  Which on a finesse is quite a bit.

I'd keep them on though.  I'd much rather have to play with heavier diabolos than lose the tiny rechargable batteries in the grass.

Chiok
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills

nev

• Donator
« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2006, 11:13:39 am »
A bit of well placed Sellotape stops the batteries falling out quite nicely.

And 14g does'nt sound a lot but it feels a lot.
www.Diabolomoves.co.uk/diabolos/ - shop for Sundia diabolos, Handsticks & String

OLOBAID

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2006, 07:47:44 pm »
Thanks, i think the main weight comes from the plastic cover, so i think i will remove it! every g is a easement for my wrists
maybe to wrap a little plastic foil around to protect them from waterdrops is a good idea too...

---------
i often use babelfish translation so there always can be some missunderstandings
... i just love this forum, all you people are a great source of inspiration!

mango

« Reply #33 on: July 16, 2006, 09:27:26 am »
Quote from: Arjan
offcourse diabolo`s will be heavier when you install lights in them. I imagine a diabig being very heavy with lights on them, since they are already a bit on the fat side.
And for the record: MB lightkits are not called vega x, thats the name for the henrys lights. Lets not get any confusion from that.

sorry i didn't say it clear.  i know vega light kits are from henrys but i'm trying to say if anyone has tried install vega light kits on to diabigs instead of MB Evo 4 ?

mango

« Reply #34 on: September 16, 2006, 09:06:13 am »
i found a japanese web that sells the diabs william uses
http://www.the-performer.com/diabolo_order.htm

jacky

« Reply #35 on: September 16, 2006, 05:14:15 pm »
i think the diabolo william used is not at this website..

norbi

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #36 on: September 16, 2006, 06:18:25 pm »
Yes it is. 3rd one down.

mango

« Reply #37 on: September 17, 2006, 09:29:22 am »
jacky, william uses 2 types of diabs in the wjf, a clear glow in the dark Yoho Diabig, and another diabolo made in taiwan

norbi

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #38 on: September 17, 2006, 12:07:59 pm »
Oh sorry, i didnt think Jacky meant thet DiaBig, because there is ample help on getting those. I thought this topic had become how to get the other ones (which i actually played with a lot this year, and they are really good, try one)

Diabolo88

• Donator
Re: diabolos of ryo and william
« Reply #39 on: October 27, 2006, 03:28:24 pm »
OK, after recently having a deal go wrong with Naranja, I wanted to ask: Does anyone know of a shop that still stocks the old type Diabigs (the ones that say Diabig in the middle) in white? Anywhere in the world is fine as long as they speak "decent" english.

Jun at Naranja said that they donĀ“t make them anymore. I think this is bad because the axles and the insides of the new ones (marked "Yoho" in the middle) feels a bit different.

Sorry to post this question here, but I felt that it was unnessesary to make a new topic just for this.