Author Topic: Physics!  (Read 8466 times)

Relativity

Physics!
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2006, 09:39:49 am »
I always thought it might be wicked to get a diabolo spinning and doing tricks in a room filled with purple smoke, so you can watch the diabolo pushing the air around it, and also the trails caused by suns and stopovers and orcits etc, reckon it'd work?
Fire Walk With Me...

The Vitamin Guy

Physics!
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2006, 03:42:40 pm »
I guess propably not with poisonous gas.

But well seriously talking, why not?
The Vitamin Guy

garner

• VotW Contributor
Physics!
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2006, 04:07:46 pm »
is this true?: as long as you have perfectly balanced diabolos, perfect technique, frictionless string and an entirely hand(left, right or both) dominated shuffle you can do a 2, 3 etc shuffle without any spin.

this is pure theory obviously. i'm just trying to reduce things that may be an issue in my research.

The Vitamin Guy

Physics!
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2006, 04:42:06 pm »
I believe that it's possible. Well, in theory ofcourse. Correct if I'm wrong.
The Vitamin Guy

Jussi

• VotW Contributor
Physics!
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2006, 05:40:43 pm »
Quote from: garner
is this true?: as long as you have perfectly balanced diabolos, perfect technique, frictionless string and an entirely hand(left, right or both) dominated shuffle you can do a 2, 3 etc shuffle without any spin.

well, if you have perfect technique you dont need frictionless string or perfectly balanced diabolos.. you can do suffle with anything like kettles and hamsters and phones and bottles? the physic wont make limits - but there is reason why diabolos shape is like it is and reason why it spin.. you know :)

Mithew

Physics!
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2006, 11:33:59 pm »
Quote from: Relativity
I always thought it might be wicked to get a diabolo spinning and doing tricks in a room filled with purple smoke, so you can watch the diabolo pushing the air around it, and also the trails caused by suns and stopovers and orcits etc, reckon it'd work?

This seems a big off topic, but if you wanted to do that wouldn't a smoke machine be easier and work almost as well?  Or dry ice or something similar...
There are 11 types of people in the world.  Those who can count in binary and those who can't.