Author Topic: school talent show  (Read 6914 times)

Ben

• VotW Contributor
school talent show
« on: February 26, 2006, 07:41:34 pm »
hey

vid is from school talent show rehearsal

we called ourselves art of movement
includes diabolo (me) a popper and a breaker

yeah i messed up at the end but oh well heh that’s what rehearsal is for

http://www.jugglethis.net/filemgmt/singlefile.php?lid=506

any comments or suggestions?

frank0072

school talent show
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2006, 09:12:35 pm »
you have some skills man, and you didn't screw up at all. You did so many awsome tricks (to me they are awsome) flawless, so you should be proud. Really nice to see different art forms come together.

btw: those excalibur things go way beyond what I've seen so far...
some people think they are better because they can do something better

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

J_J777

• VotW Contributor
school talent show
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2006, 09:23:44 pm »
very nice fan 720 and excalibur stuff.  when your doing the 2 diabolo stuff don't do the shuffle as long, it gets boring.  don't speed up as much too.  very nice and clean for most part.  It's better than any show i've done.

Cheers
Josh

oh yeah mithew, noah got owned!

looby

• Donator
school talent show
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2006, 10:17:10 pm »
Nice skills man, i particularly like the little things like the vortex into your 2d shuffle and the uber pro way you restarted your excalibur (up there with the stationary floor start!), and the string of underwhip tricks into mini-g's  

The rest was great to. Hope to see some more of your stuff in the future so keep up the good work
Rennes July 10-17th 2011!

dynamaniac

school talent show
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2006, 01:36:38 am »
dude, i just performed at a talent show for my school, and my performance had maybe half of the technical skill of yours. man do i need to practice more.

seán_

Re: school talent show
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2006, 02:49:35 am »
Quote from: Ben
any comments or suggestions?

Mad skills, great to watch
Consider breaking up your 2d a bit to give the audience a chance to apreciate what you are doing, a few stalls, a few looks at the audience possibly a quick burst of 2up as non jugglers seem to like that.

What happens behind the performer on stage can matter, if the people behind are into what is going on in front of them the audience often take that in. If they are bored or fiddling with things it can detract from what the audience should be looking at.

I really like the finish to your 2d section and the tricks in your vertax was great. You have to nail the final trick though even if it is not the one you hope to do.
Good luck, enjoy it, let us know how it goes.

JyNo

school talent show
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2006, 02:55:59 am »
Very nice excalibur stuff!!!, and man how long is tour string?, It looks longer than other guys string.

very smoth suns, very good aim on the whip catches, I also liked the 720 and the vortex stuff, nice job man! congrats

Ben

• VotW Contributor
school talent show
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2006, 03:46:07 am »
hah thanks all

how long is tour string?

hum i think its like around 4 and 1/2 feet or so?
not sure im 6'10" and its up to my chest

You have to nail the final trick

yeah i know/ its just a simple elevator to finger grind but the stick went around twice =/ partly because it was a newish string
but yeah i got it during the real thing

agian thanks all
keep the comment comming if u got them
ben :D

frank0072

school talent show
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2006, 07:15:51 am »
Quote from: Ben

yeah i know/ its just a simple elevator to finger grind but the stick went around twice =/ partly because it was a newish string

I thought I already saw you had a new string, the wraps that you used to speed up your shuffle were very loose, so the diabolo dropped all the time in the string, if you know what I mean. But again, it was awsome anyway, it only made it harder for you I think.
some people think they are better because they can do something better

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

jake

school talent show
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2006, 08:25:14 am »
nice moves there Ben!

i can tell you've worked out a lot of things since we saw each other in Ventura...i myself have also been kickin ass at learnin new tricks and even, dare i say, a little excalibur  ;P

grats on the vid man!

we gotta diabolo sometime!

pasadena is mad close!

Matt_

• Donator
school talent show
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2006, 10:22:13 pm »
damn, you are a huge guy. those diabolos are tiny next to you :P

kick ass routine--that is one that you wouldn't be ashamed to show to a crowd full of knowledgeable jugglers, and this is for a group of high school kids and parents! what a lucky bunch, eh?

another thing too, good to see you're holding it down for the California diabolo scene.

California: where high school talent shows kick ass  8)

Ben

• VotW Contributor
school talent show
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2006, 12:38:21 am »
California: where high school talent shows kick ass Cool

hah thanks

yeah i made up the 1D part especially with more of a juggler audience in mind but ive done the talent show every year so far

i think my 2D part could have been better but we were limited in time and they wanted us to make it shorter but we just told them flat out we weren’t going to.. heh

and maybe for my next performance thing ill be doing 3D  :D  hah i hope….

-ben

Zaheer

Re: school talent show
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2006, 11:17:06 am »
Loved the Vertax sequence man nice going