Author Topic: Enra (2014) by Mochi (JP) copied in China - Discussion on copying performances  (Read 560 times)

Wis

Apparently the thing goes like this. In China, by law, there is no FB, no google, so things hardly go in and out of China. A Chinese performer has decided to copy Enra by Mochi, and it could have passed unseen... but the guy made it to the national TV, and now all the diabolo players are aware of it.

In the biggest Chinese speaking FB group about diabolo there is a discussion about it. Google translate make a decent job. The original post has 5 questions on copying and plagiarism, have fun!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/139434249475118/2145460885539101/
"The string...the inertia...the hours"

Jannis

• VotW Contributor
what the heck... it's not even like he got "inspired" or something. that's just a 1 to 1 copy of mochis act :o
seriously, that's just f-ed up.

(p.s. i really wanna thank wis, but he has 111 thanks and thats such a clean number and i don't wanna destroy it  :-D :-D)

Arjan

(p.s. i really wanna thank wis, but he has 111 thanks and thats such a clean number and i don't wanna destroy it  :-D :-D)

No worries, I did it for you. And he deserves it!

On the subject, yeah... I'm not surprised, China has a copy for almost everything, this is part of Chinese society. Diabolo is part of their cultural heritage, there is statistically a greater chance of this happening.
I don't hate on their culture. Just saying how (I think) it is. There are many cases of copyright infringement in other business. Lego for example has recently won a huge court case against a copycat company.

What a shame... For me diabolo is about to have fun, research and  create new tricks. Maybe you´ll need months of practice, but when you do it you feel great. Copycats are not cool...

MartinJ

No worries, I did it for you. And he deserves it!

Giggity

Wis

"The string...the inertia...the hours"