Author Topic: Password recovery and registration emails are broken  (Read 1234 times)

totof

Password recovery and registration emails are broken
« on: May 22, 2019, 06:15:10 pm »
Hi all,

The emails for forgotten passwords are not getting sent, which had me try like 20 old passwords to find out which one I used 8 years ago  :-D
Same for registration emails.

Are there still developers working on the site? It could benefit from some improvements like https or a mobile version. I am currently finishing my computer sciences studies and would be willing to help if needed  :)

Happy diaboling.

Wis

Re: Password recovery and registration emails are broken
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2019, 03:03:43 pm »
Hello Totof,

No, there are no developers working on this that I am aware. You are hired!

If you would like to contribute to the forum via code or development please contact Sean, he may be able to help you.

I do not fully understand your problem but seems you are posting. Congratulations ! :) The way of handling requests to diabolo.ca now is, me, going toa  list and making some clicks. Then, nobody from the newcomers ever post anything new. I guess you can understand my lack of motivation of handling this on per day basis. Also another person contacted me interested in doing something for diabolo.ca. If you want I can put you in contact with the person.

Contact me via FB if smth, Luis Hernandez Bailon
"The string...the inertia...the hours"

nickbonnes

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2019, 06:11:45 pm »
When you forget your password, you go to a menu to recover your password. So you have to fill in your email and you get an email with a temporary password.
That email doenst send. I forgot this password and the only way to loggin is on my old laptop  :o

totof

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2019, 09:58:51 am »
Hello to you two,

When you forget your password, you go to a menu to recover your password. So you have to fill in your email and you get an email with a temporary password.
That email doenst send. I forgot this password and the only way to loggin is on my old laptop  :o

Yes, that's the bug I came across. Though, if your password is stored into the browser password manager, most browser allow you to see clear stored passwords in their configuration panel. You might be able to recover your password like that.

Thanks for reaching out Wis, I'll hit you up on facebook. I saw you were coming to the EJC, maybe we could have a talk there?

Wis

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2019, 09:28:10 am »
Perfect and apologies for the recovery password not arriving, I was unaware, and not guilty. But that sucks...
Talking in the EJC with diabolo players? Always :)
"The string...the inertia...the hours"