Author Topic: Collaboration video 2019  (Read 446 times)

Chloé F.

Collaboration video 2019
« on: May 29, 2019, 06:24:55 am »
Hey all,
So, it looks like I will be editing the diabolo.ca collab this year! Let me first say that it is an honour, I'm thrilled to handle this project :-D

The last two years, as you probably know, the collabs suffered a lack of participants and overhead organisation. Therefore this year, I think we can all aim at a well-prepared project with quality clips (aaand editing too of course) and a greater amount of participants. Growing up into the diabolo world, l always considered good old collabs a huge source of inspiration that showed the complicity of our community. Maybe this one can inspire young players who are starting out there as we speak!

Now met's move on to the rules :

- take your time to film. I would like the collab to air around Christmas time (early January if I end up having exams, which I cannot predict as of now), and decided to set the deadline to November 30th.

- you may send as many clips as you like. However if I receive stuff from too many people, I might have to include only one clip from each of you. We want the collab to have rhythm, please think about it when filming tricks. It's a good idea to avoid (too) long combos, and consider using two different angles if you want your trick to look more lively.

- as per usual, send your clips through any website like wetransfer.com. Please send them to chloef60290@gmail.com (yes, I have a postcode in my address, yes, it's been harder and harder to live with that). Write me with your name, city and country.

- I will only accept standard video formats - no instagram square videos or whatever - and quality from 720p onwards. Nowadays this quality can be achieved with a simple GoPro and some phones (please be careful if you're using a phone, I know it's many people's only cqmera but the result is often not that satisfying. Borrow a camera from a friend if you can!). Video quality really is one of the most important points so please use a good device!

- film in a nice location. It doesn't have to be fancy, a simple tree behind you is largely enough, but I would like to avoid clips shot against the sunlight where one can't see anything, or shots of a messy area.

Some additional commentaries :

- If there is any sort of issue whatsoever with your clip.s, I will write you back to inform you about it.

- I will be at the EJC, you can email me in advance if you want me to film some tricks on the site. I only own a GoPro 5, nothing fancy, but if you feel too unsure about your device's quality we can always work with mine.

- it's always a good idea to send bloopers, shots of your diabolo, a close shot of your sticks or whatever can make people breathe in between two crazy clips in a video.

- music is always a hard part to handle when editing a long project, if you happen to enjoy a band or a song that fits the diabolo mood, you can send it to me and I'll take the recommendation!

- be creative 8)

I'll be happy to answer any questions!

So now shut your laptops and go outside and practise! ;)

Keep on spinning,
Chloé
There's nothing but what's bearable as long as a man can play diabolo.

totof

Re: Collaboration video 2019
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2019, 11:04:17 am »
Maybe we should make a group sequence at the EJC? Could look nice in the intro.

Wis

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2019, 05:00:10 pm »
That is a good idea, we can try. And in any case I recommend to record anything with other diabolo player from any convention, it truly shows the collaboration spirit.
No matter where or when, you can co-work and make something special. :)
"The string...the inertia...the hours"

luabduch

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2019, 10:52:33 pm »
I'll make sure to send some special diabolo sauce from Brasil!
:D
until November it's a long time!

I'd love to edit the full collab again one day.
maybe 2020?
any editors on the line already?