Author Topic: Nottingham NAJC 4th March  (Read 5718 times)

seán_

Nottingham NAJC 4th March
« on: February 28, 2006, 03:07:24 am »
http://www.nottsjuggling.co.uk/najc/
It is being held on Saturday 4th of March 2006, from 10am - late and will cost £5 for the whole day. Its the Portland building, main Uni campus NG7 2RD

Last years was really good, Theres lots of workshops this year and acts including ones by Norbi and Tempei.
Hopefully get the chance to see some of the Nottingham diaboloists.
I hope to bring Ginger Tom, Sambo and Spink along from Pontefract.

john_s

« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2006, 12:33:11 pm »
the workshops last year were a particular highlight for me. where else can you not only learn traditional juggling skills but also how to spin a toothbrush around your finger and learn zippo lighter manipulation?

however, i think rob pooka has the most curious workshops yet:
californian fu (language workshop), finnish staff throwing and negative space exploration with poi.
i have no idea what californian fu even is!

but i shall definitely be there just for the tempei and norbi diabolo workshop, really looking forward to it. is it going to be focused mainly on 1 or 2 diabolos? maybe now tempei will reveal some of the secrets of his triple excalibur genocides...

/john

norbi

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2006, 03:06:59 pm »
To be totally honest, i have no idea what the workshop will be, i didnt even choose to do it, Peachi did. I'm still working out my 2 juggling workshops (and by the way, the 360s IS NOT just rings as the site suggests, it's just the spinning technique, for any prop). I think it will either be Tempei showing off some things, and me helping a little, or basically a big trick swap, or something else. Either way, it will be totally worth coming to.

See you on saturday.

barnesy

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2006, 03:34:39 pm »
Yup, see you there.

hammerhead

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2006, 08:23:34 pm »
i will be there, any offers to teach me how to shuffle?:D

eggy900

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2006, 08:46:58 pm »
i really wanna go, depends if any mates with a car are going

Spink

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2006, 09:18:37 pm »
/inger tom and i are deffinitley  coming (thanks for the lift sean, i'l give you a ring on friday)
3rd Base + Hubstacks =

Sambo

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2006, 10:48:54 pm »
I'll join you on that. Gonna be there. Where and when are we meeting?

norbi

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2006, 04:12:16 pm »
Just about to leave. Thought i would mention than my 360s (yes, 360s, not pirouettes  :wink:  ) Workshop is for any prop, it's just the technique. I say this because people assume rings, and it says rings on the site. But it's not just for rings.

See y'all tomorrow.

Now for my 5 hour train journey...

Ginger_Tom

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2006, 02:29:05 pm »
EXCELLENT SHOW!!!!! Norbi's and Tempei's routine was absolutely fantastic and I cant believe he landed the mini-column to pirouette!!!!
And the double-to double sprinkler, suicide out with sheer style, cheers for that one norbi!!!!
The videos of norbi and tempeis routine will be on soon, hopefully to get trick of the week for one of their tricks.
Out of focus lovin', Mark_BMC you legend!

jammy

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2006, 04:28:06 pm »
i hered that it was a gd convenc!(sorry about all this im still recovering from killing my bloody wrist!) spending most of week in hospital i didt no about it till the friday night. ginger tom,spink and sambo i promise i will come to the next 1!
Ìf¤¡ñºÐøû߆°G°¡†¤Õù†°

john_s

« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2006, 04:40:33 pm »
sadly i had to leave early again before the show, but it was a really enjoyable convention.

i spent most of the day in the atrium, where i saw norbi and tempei practice a bit of their routine (including the excalibur passing along the floor and grinding - superb) and it was really good to meet mark_bmc, murifri and the pontefract lot - hope i didn't fry your mind too much with those eiffel towers, spink! my vortex is a lot better, and sean_s new speciality trick is quite amusing. thanks also to dave_p for his 2d workshop, which was very in depth and worthwhile.

hope to see you all at shefcon, should they finalise a date for it this year!
/john

norbi

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2006, 06:34:10 pm »
Quote from: Ginger_Tom
EXCELLENT SHOW!!!!! Norbi's and Tempei's routine was absolutely fantastic and I cant believe he landed the mini-column to pirouette!!!!
And the double-to double sprinkler, suicide out with sheer style, cheers for that one norbi!!!!
The videos of norbi and tempeis routine will be on soon, hopefully to get trick of the week for one of their tricks.

Thanks dude. I wanted to get that pirouette back into minicolumns, but it was the first time i'd tried it in like a year and i forgot i actually have to throw them pretty high  :wink:

As for the TOTW, Void has sent in a version of us doing the whole sequence, cleanly. It isn't on stage, so it isn't as cool, but at least it's in one run.

Mark BMC

• Donator
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2006, 07:16:03 pm »
Alright guys!

twas indeed a sweet show, and a good convention.

Thanks to Dave P, Spink, Ginger tom, Sambo, Seán, Tempei, John s, and Dave b  for helping me out with my 2d shuffle that i learned that day! woot!

me and the misses had a top day, hope to see you all at Shefcon

[thought id bang in a few smileys and spelling mistakees for seean and dave
 8)  :?  :)  :( ]

Spink

« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2006, 09:52:59 pm »
indeed , indeed

thanks to john for the eifel tower!!! (i can fo the slack whip one and that will do for now)

I learnt a new 2d routine in my usual 'i think your string might be too long as it looks a bit wrong' technique, which was nice. :)  

I look forward to seeing Mark and his new 2d shuffle (nice one mark) plus more people at shef con

Have fun in Amsterdam Norbi!

p.s a big thanks to seán_ for the lift back.
3rd Base + Hubstacks =

Ginger_Tom

« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2006, 10:34:27 am »
Excellent, definitely hope to see mark and his 2d shuffle soon. Cheers for the lift back sean_, have a great time in amsterdam norbi, i'll seeyou at the british (hope you have s-fans by then!)
Anyways, going to a lesson now. laters

norbi

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2006, 12:11:18 pm »
Quote from: Ginger_Tom
...have a great time in amsterdam norbi...

No doubt, especially the 4 days afterwards with Tijn, he had better have a good practice space!

Quote from: Ginger_Tom also
i'll seeyou at the british (hope you have s-fans by then!)

Well, i have put in a grand total of about 3 minutes practice since i first knew about them, and i dont think that's going to change any time soon.

Ginger_Tom

« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2006, 12:27:07 pm »
Pah! I cannot believe your lack of motivation!  :wink: Oh well, I'm off to work on my trick for the best trick comp at the BJC . . . .

Sambo

« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2006, 10:29:24 pm »
Great day out. Really enjoyed the performance from Norbi and Tempei. Amazed by Tempei's excalibur triple genocide. Plus the floor roll from Norbi. Good call on the finger snap in the sprinkler suicides Tom.

Looking forward to the British and hopefully Shefcon too.

Sambo

norbi

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2006, 10:39:43 pm »
Quote from: Sambo
Good call on the finger snap in the sprinkler suicides Tom.

Sambo

Dude, the snap was mine!

Thanks though, it was such fun performing with Tempei, even if he is ridiculously better than me.