Author Topic: EJC 2019 Diabolo Battle: Updates and open questions  (Read 156 times)

Wis

EJC 2019 Diabolo Battle: Updates and open questions
« on: June 06, 2019, 09:23:57 am »
Hello people!

First a question: would you like to see a teams category in the EJC diabolo?
I was thinking about splitting the time we have between
One on one category
Teams category
For now we have assigned Thursday afternoon for qualifications and night for the finals (prime time! :) ). We could use another day to make teams category qualifications.
And for Thursday night we would have semi-finals and final battle of the teams category + One on one category Top 16. Probably cutting the first round down to one round per battle.
To form the teams I was thinking about putting an amount of players, 3 or 4, and then allowing people to either, make complete or partial teams on their own and sign up as such, or to sign up individually to then get assigned a team randomly.

Second an announcement. By popular request started by Chloe, I have decided that after the Top 16 players are selected for the finals, the matching will be RANDOM, instead of points based as last year.
Last year players in qualifications were given points from 1 to 50 based on what they did on stage during 1 minute, and then the Top 1 was playing against the Top 16, etc. This was chosen to motivate people to do very good in the qualifications, so the show would be better for the audience. Also it was seen as a way to have the best players in the final battle.
The complaint is that with this system the first battles in the finals are too predictable, because the best classified battle the worse classified. I asked around and people tend to prefer RANDOM, so we are going to do it like this this year.
"The string...the inertia...the hours"