Author Topic: Ypres 2006  (Read 12071 times)

Martijn

Ypres 2006
« on: March 04, 2006, 06:20:58 pm »
Hello,

RoB and I made a video of the convention in Ypres at the 2nd day, organised by Circusplanet. I hope you all like it, comments are welcome like usual :)

Direct download
http://circusplanet.net/video/ypres_26-2-2006.avi (48 MB)

Streaming
Juggling.tv - Circusplanet meeting Ypres 2006
[noembed]http://youtube.com/watch?v=2J7_PviKtBE[/noembed]
http://juggletube.com/mediadetails.php?key=0a9c4655800e8a7b9ea2

Martijn & RoB

p.s.: Gies also made 2 videos, you can find them here:

day 1: http://www.jugglethis.net/filemgmt/visit.php?lid=520
day 2: http://www.jugglethis.net/filemgmt/visit.php?lid=521
download Made in Taiwan at www.arjangroenendijk.nl

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
Ypres 2006
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2006, 06:50:57 pm »
Nice vid Tijn, some crazy tricks with multiple props. There was something about that excalibur run that you did which seemed realy impressive. It was probably something to do with the ufo grind-whip catch-behind the back pass.

Realy nice video!

Leo

PS anyone know the the name of the song in the second video that Niels made?
Behind your back is your front.

sander p

Ypres 2006
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2006, 06:52:37 pm »
that was a realy nice video martijn, those tricks you did with excaliber were really nice and that trick from fredo at 3:37min was super. Could somebody make a tutorial of that trick because i really like that one.

Martijn

Ypres 2006
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2006, 07:15:01 pm »
Quote from: guppygould
PS anyone know the the name of the song in the second video that Niels made?

Niels didn't make videos of the convention. I assume you mean Gies? He used a well-known song called Ghostwriter by RJD2, which Priam used in Diabology and in many shows.

Thanks for the comments, the trick Fredo did at 3:37 is an variation I came up with. I based it on a minigenocide variation of Umberto (In saw him doing that in Drop and Change). You do a left backside, like if you're doing a mini g. Before the diabolo gets recaptured by the string, you make another left backside, and you let the right stick swing counterclockwise (you are still holding the string with your righthand) around the diabolo. Then, you catch it again with your righthand (you can either keep holding the string with your hand, or realease it before catching the rightstick). That is Umberto's trick, you will end up with open string again. What I do is I transfer the left stick into my righthand (when holding the string), and catch the rightstick with my lefthand instead. You'll end up with a backside that way.

I hope I make myself clear... if not, start another topic about it please, if necessary I will try to make a video or something.

sander p

Ypres 2006
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2006, 09:11:02 pm »
i think i'll get it but a video would be nice :D

frank0072

Ypres 2006
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2006, 10:09:31 pm »
I like the video of Ypres. It seems like it was a great day. By the way, there is a guy juggling behind his back, and Gies and you used almost the same footage. Or did this guy do the same tricks all day?
some people think they are better because they can do something better

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

fredo

Ypres 2006
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2006, 11:28:39 pm »
Yes, I really stole it from Martijn and I really hate it!!! (sry Tijn :P ). I did it for practise and till then I did it with a "slowicide minigeno" at the beginning, but I found out t that it's better with a normal minigeno...And that's on the film...You can see that I look quite thoughtful at the end and I think it's far better now as at the beginning...  (Just why that trick on the video??? :P  :D )

But thx anyway for that trick Tijn!

EDIT- @Martijn: I just recognized that you put your crazy behind the back under leg catch in...That was pretty cool

J_J777

• VotW Contributor
Ypres 2006
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2006, 02:36:13 am »
nice vid

who's the guy doing the 3 sync shuffle with the sun?  he did a synch backwrap!  I didn't know that was possible.  more inspiration to work on my depressing 3 shuffle.  and that was a REALLY nice excalibur bit tijn!  very nice stuff.  I needed a movie for inspiration.  I started taping a video and have about 3 mins worth of stuff right now, tommorow i plan on going outside do some siteswap stuff, excalibur, and integral suicide combo stuff.  and tijn how's 3 coming along?  with all this good inspiration you should have it by now  :P

Josh

fredo

Ypres 2006
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2006, 09:42:50 am »
It was Pete doing 3d

Loriot

Ypres 2006
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2006, 10:05:38 am »
I cannot download the videos made by martijn and RoB.  :(  I really want to see it.

Mattias

Ypres 2006
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2006, 10:15:34 am »
I really like your vid tijn.
And I guess I would've liked the other two if it werent for the quality. Looks like he brought a webcam to film the thing. But all three vid possess some nice juggling, editing and music. Good Work!
Need help? Try these before creating a new topic:
Search and
Trick and Video Archive

Crackers

• VotW Contributor
Ypres 2006
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2006, 12:46:33 pm »
Great excalibur trick tijn :D  well done to everyone

J_J777

• VotW Contributor
Ypres 2006
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2006, 05:28:02 pm »
oh yeah arjan congrats on the 3 high! that was you in one of gies vids on stage right?  looking good

Arjan

Ypres 2006
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2006, 05:41:20 pm »
Yeah there was some of my stage in there, with my clean finish 3 diabs :P Thnx, but you know, these are just 3 diabolo`s, nothing exciting  :wink:

Martijn

Ypres 2006
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2006, 09:20:51 pm »
Thanks for all the kind words folks! It was an awesome convention, already looking forward to next year! :D

Quote from: fredo
You can see that I look quite thoughtful 1) at the end and I think it's far better now as at the beginning...  (Just why that trick on the video? 2)

Well 1) that thinking really adds to the video I think, it's the learning process, when messing around at a convention. Just like the bounce rin the video (Wim). Those are just awesome clips for a video like this.
2) It was the only trick RoB filmed from you :) He filmed short clips of a lot of people, and that worked out quite well I think.

My 3d sucks... big time :) I rather put my time in 1 and 2 diabolo stuff.

J_J777

• VotW Contributor
Ypres 2006
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2006, 11:22:01 pm »
well I join your ranks at sucking at 3 diabs.  and only 3 diabs he says, starting it is so freaking depressing!  I can rarely get 2 catchs in 3 high self started.  well pete's shuffle is strange, part synch and part asynch

Twilite

Ypres 2006
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2006, 11:51:56 pm »
Wow, looks like great fun.
I'm once again inspired to spend a fortune on FireToys on lots of things I'll pick up once, find too hard and give up on!
Perhaps this is the sort of thing I need to get myself along to to get prodded in the right direction with some tips and some motivation from real life people!

Great videos, thanks :)
Curiosity may have killed a whole cat, but Schrodinger only killed half...

William

• VotW Contributor
wowza!
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2006, 06:07:12 am »
Nice! its all great but the contact juggling was wicked! *thumbs up* :)
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

RoB

Ypres 2006
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2006, 04:52:31 pm »
@Fredo: Sorry, i didn't film any other trics by you. The choice for us was to use this or not to have you in the video at all. :P  :wink: Next time i'll tell you when i'm filming.

Thanks everybody for the nice comments.

@Tijn: Thanks for your coöperation to make the video. It was good fun. You're a great video editor !!

fredo

Ypres 2006
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2006, 06:19:15 pm »
It's more than OK! :wink: The video was great btw!! Good work! Next year, I'll be filming, too (I brought my camera, but had no time :P )