Author Topic: Tutorial request  (Read 9062 times)

pAnAgIoTiS 13

Tutorial request
« on: March 13, 2006, 10:50:44 pm »
...nice video man...i've arleady knew the entries and some different entries...but i admire your style and your videos...make more tutorial clips...cause in the forum are not only advanced diabolists...keep doing it and   i hope to see more videos like this one...thanks...panagiotis...

Martijn

Tutorial request
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2006, 05:29:05 pm »
I'd love to, but I don't know what to shoot a tutorial for! Any requests?
download Made in Taiwan at www.arjangroenendijk.nl

pAnAgIoTiS 13

Tutorial request
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2006, 02:28:26 pm »
...why don't you make a tutorial about vortex...just expalin the different corruptions of vortex...i mean...vortex that you corrupte it with fan...continiously vortex...vortex one after the other...vortex that you corrupt it with internal suicide....i think there are a lot of combinations with this trick...i just made one tutorial (about 3minutes) for athens juggling club and i hope to upload it as soon as possible.... :lol:

frank0072

Tutorial request
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2006, 02:29:54 pm »
I already have two tutorials of the Vortex here, so I think there is no need for new, because if you look good on the internet you'll find them.
some people think they are better because they can do something better

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Martijn

Tutorial request
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2006, 06:47:28 pm »
Check this out. It toke me 15 seconds for looking that up.

pAnAgIoTiS 13

Tutorial request
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2006, 07:49:21 pm »
...you're right guys...sorry but i've not seen this before...i thought that there was not tutorial about vortex...well just give time and i'll think something different to suggest you...i just show Martijn a video from your routine in Brussels...i really like it...tiery is a very good friend of me and when i was in belgium (brussels-espace catasrtophe) we get practise together every day...he is stuck with the horizontal diabolo moves...thanks...panagiotis...

Mithew

Tutorial request
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2006, 12:46:23 am »
I was wondering, is there a way to put the S-fan motion in a C fan, so both diabolos would speed up?  Something like an upwards capture.  I can't think of a practical way to pull it off, but maybe you guys know something about it.
There are 11 types of people in the world.  Those who can count in binary and those who can't.

J_J777

• VotW Contributor
Tutorial request
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2006, 01:20:41 am »
how bout a tutorial on 3 low   :wink: just jking.  how bout a more comprehensive tutorial on fan 360 than Tahia's cause I can pull it some times but I was wondering how to get it consistent.  or maybe on some body combo type stuff.  

However I think one on a swinging fan would be nice cause I never could do that.

Josh

Martijn

Tutorial request
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2006, 05:23:25 pm »
Quote from: J_J777
how bout a more comprehensive tutorial on fan 360 than Tahia's cause I can pull it some times but I was wondering how to get it consistent.

Well, I have to be able to do the trick properly then! :P I only can do a C-Fan 360 (turning left), and a S-Fan 360 (also turning left). Whenever I try to turn 180 degrees to the right while Fanning (regular Fan), I lose the Fan movement :( ...and I can't do 3 diabs.

Hmm this seems really difficult, trying to think of a trick I can shoot a tutorial for. I really appreciate the thoughts untill this far though :) How about... advanced knot stealing variations? I've been messing around with those a lot when I was very bored and had nothing else to do with diabolo... I'll try to shoot some nice stuff if the weather is cooperative.

fredo

Tutorial request
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2006, 05:35:40 pm »
Knot stealing would be great...This is my style...I love it...(Just discovered it a few days ago as my style and learned a few of Busks and invented a quite cool new one :P )

One is with an arm stall + magic knot+ anti shuffle+ umbrella and looks quite cool 8)

So please have a go at stealing...

Martijn

Tutorial request
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2006, 06:04:36 pm »
Allright, I'll have a go at it then :) It's not as crazy as Busk's though... just some combinations by me!

frank0072

Tutorial request
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2006, 08:21:16 pm »
yess, how nice is knotstealing :) I missed Martijns workshop, so now he can make up for it ;). You are going to make a tut aren't you Martijn?

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Martijn

Tutorial request
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2006, 08:22:29 pm »
Yeah, just some examples on video, in slowmo, with good angles, etc. everything a good tutorial needs!

tomangleberger

• Donator
Tutorial request
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2006, 08:40:03 pm »
I'd be glad to see a tutorial on some of the moves from your 1d_something video. That is one glorious combo and quite mystifying for those of don't have a lot of advanced know-how.
Even just a text breakdown would be great.

Martijn

Tutorial request
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2006, 08:42:49 pm »
Do you mean the suicide part of that combo? It's inspired by Jako's integral. I could throw that in my knotstealing vid if you'd like :)

fredo

Tutorial request
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2006, 09:02:41 pm »
what 1d_something video 8-[ ??? I should really have that :wink:  And what Jako's integral suicide??? Seems that I recently  missed something... PLease gimme the link or mirror it...

Spinner

Tutorial request
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2006, 09:27:01 pm »
it's in the trick of the week section  :wink: i think it's called arm sequence there?

frank0072

Tutorial request
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2006, 04:18:59 am »
Quote from: Martijn
Do you mean the suicide part of that combo? It's inspired by Jako's integral. I could throw that in my knotstealing vid if you'd like :)

yes please :), I am really looking forward to learning that trick

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

fredo

Tutorial request
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2006, 05:37:10 am »
Ok, now I know... I've already learned Jako's one from the ypres 2005 video...

john_s

Tutorial request
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2006, 11:36:15 am »
count me in for the "i'd really like a knot-stealing tutorial please" request as well, as i'd like to see how they're done properly rather than my shoddy attempts. thanks in advance, martijn.

also, i'd love to see a tutorial on 2d outside suns (ie you do a sun on the right side of your body which puts a twist on the strings, then on the left side of your body which untwists it and puts it back to normal). i just have no idea what to do with my arms really, especially when going from one side to the other.

if anybody wants to see a tutorial of how to make your diabolos crash into each other, i'm pretty good at that.

/john