Author Topic: Tony Frebourg - 3 & 4 Diabolo Tricks  (Read 10013 times)

Sean

• Administrator
Tony Frebourg - 3 & 4 Diabolo Tricks
« on: December 06, 2004, 11:23:56 pm »
Tony Frebourg posted a video on jongle.net here:
http://www.jongle.net/forum/index.php?topic=9600

Make sure to right click the link and "save target as". The link will not work if you just click on it.

A 3 diabolo sprinkler, and lots of out of this world 3 and 4 diabolo tricks. What planet is this guy on! :shock:

Sean

Arjan

« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2004, 11:42:54 pm »
Yeah.. nice video... nothing to say about it, except  :shock:

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2004, 12:20:24 am »
Does the video end at 1:50 with the music continuing to play?  Happen to anyone else?

Julian

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2004, 12:32:56 am »
Yes, the video ends at 1:50 and the audio continues. I think Tony spends more training with diabolos than with his computer... maybe we could learn something here. ;)

[Edit - there are now mirrors up on Jongle.net that have deleted the extra music. Check on the second page of the thread.]

Sean

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2004, 12:48:21 am »
Thanks Sean.  That's a little lighter on the hard drive.

Julian

norbi

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2004, 10:15:57 am »
wow :shock:
Shame about the abrupt finish, but a great final trick. He actually holds that sprinkler!
nutter

Martijn

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2004, 02:57:40 pm »
Wow :shock:  That's some real nice stuff! :D That 3d sprinkler! He holds it very very long! And all the 4d tricks! 8)  Congratulations Tony =D>
download Made in Taiwan at www.arjangroenendijk.nl

MattF

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2004, 06:19:58 pm »
incredable, i have never seen a 3d sprinkler pulled off successfully. Come to think of it i have never seen someone do 4 diabolos for that length of time either..........go tony  :D

Tom_G

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2004, 10:00:18 pm »
Oh my god..... a 3 diabolo sprinkler, and 4 diabs.... I start to despair as to whether the hours of practice I'm putting in on my ultra-impressive 2d backwrap are worth it - if this guy can do 4 with such style, maybe I should start 6 diabolos before anyone catches up with me :P
It takes 24 muscles to smile, 42 to frown, and only 4 to hit someone in the face. Luckily for you, I need the exercise.

norbi

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2004, 10:48:38 pm »
too late. Apprently Ryo Yabe can do 6, and i have heard or someone else (maybe German?)

JiBe

« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2004, 08:27:26 am »
I do not want to seem over-confident, arrogant or anything, but I would not bet on Ryo doing 6 for more than 6 throws (I'm not even sure about 6 catches).
When you look at the video from the WJF (I think that's the one), he doesn't get 5 catches with 5 diabolos IIRC (except from the very first one but they don't count IMHO).

This doesn't mean he did not do it for real, not on tape, but chances of nice runs with 6 diabs are unlikely).

JiBe

norbi

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2004, 08:36:47 am »
Yeah i agree with completely JiBe, i was just pointing out that he was too late, more of a joke than anything. It's like when people say Tony can do 5 diabolos, ok its longer than Ryo's, but its not really 'doing' five diabolos, he cuaght them all and threw them up again, once (just about).
Didnt mean to sound at all angry then :wink: sorry

Moe

« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2004, 05:22:19 pm »
Well.. the link doesn't work for me.
Maybe it's just this comp, I don't know :( ... is it down?

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2004, 05:33:57 pm »
Quote from: Moe
Well.. the link doesn't work for me.

Try the links (mirrors) further down the thread. ;)

Moe

« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2004, 07:32:11 pm »
Ok, it works alrite now.. never seen stuff like that w 4d before, really nice!

Arjan

« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2004, 11:27:55 pm »
Quote from: JiBe
I do not want to seem over-confident, arrogant or anything, but I would not bet on Ryo doing 6 for more than 6 throws (I'm not even sure about 6 catches).

JiBe

Don`t  worry for that  :wink:  
There is a difference between "doing" 6 and doing 6 consistent on tape. I haven`t seen that done by anyone.

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2004, 07:23:57 am »
It will be interesting to see Ryo again at the WJF. At the IJA this summer he was struggling to flash 5 diabolos... not that there's anything to be ashamed of about that! :shock:

Diabolical

Old Tony video no longer works
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2005, 12:36:08 am »
Hey everyone,

I was just perusing the older topics, because I just recently joined this site. I was intrigued by one advertising a video of Tony Frebourg's 3 and 4 diabolo tricks.

This is the link to that thread,

http://diabolo.ca/forum/index.php?topic=154

But it will no longer work. None of the mirrors suggested work either. Is the link outdated?I tried right-cliking (alt-clicking) and saving the target, but that also failed. Has the video since been removed from all the sites it was on?

Please help.

Sean

• Administrator
Re: Old Tony video no longer works
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2005, 07:16:27 pm »
Quote from: Diabolical
...I was intrigued by one advertising a video of Tony Frebourg's 3 and 4 diabolo tricks....Is the link outdated?...

Yes I think all the mirrors have been deleted. I sent you a message with a temporary link to the file on my server about a week ago. Check your personal messages.

If anyone else is interested in this video send me a personal message.

Sean